Sign in to follow this  
BrianThePilot

QW 787 Performance [FSX]

Hello,

I see that the quality wings 787 has been released for P3D and the FPS people are getting isn't very good. I fly FSX, not P3D, and wanted to know if the FSX FPS is better than P3D that being becaause it has been released to FSX for a while now and service packs have been released.

Here are my specs:

intel CORE i5 7th Gen (2.50 GHz)

64 bit

8GB memory

Thanks!

Brian

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

Hi Brian,

I use the QW 787 in FSX and I have to say I have found the performance to be quite smooth. I don’t routinely monitor frame rates when everything seems to be performing smoothly but with the 787 the FPS while in the cockpit are in the mid 20s. My system however is a little more powerful than yours.

As you might expect however, the QW 787, with the very detailed flight deck, does have a fairly significant VAS footprint which can be an issue with FSX particularly if you use it with VAS intensive scenery. 

I do however really like this aircraft and use it a lot in FSX where even long flights are possible providing the VAS demands of the scenery you are using particularly the arrival and departure airports are not too high. 

Hope this helps,

Bill

Edited by scianoir

Thanks so much for your input Bill! I’m purchasing it now! Unrelated question but are the service packs embedded into the flight 1 installer or is it the hot fix on the website I have to install after initial installation?

thanks!

Brian

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

I’m afraid I’m not sure about that Brian. I bought it immediately after release and I had to install the update which came out later. I would have thought they would have modified the current installer to include all updates but, as I said, I am not sure. Maybe you might be able to find something on that on the dedicated QW support forum over on the Flight 1 website.

Bill

On 5/26/2018 at 2:34 AM, bmccumiskey said:

has been released for P3D and the FPS people are getting isn't very good

I did a flight last night from FSDT KLAX to FlightBeam KSFO, over Orbx SoCal/NoCal, and using ASP4 and got the following FPS:

4232156 === Closing the Log ... Bye Bye! ...
  4232156 System time = 26/05/2018 20:25:20, Simulator time = 15:24:29 (22:24Z)
  4232156 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 10.4 fps, Maximum was 73.7 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 3912 secs = 33.4 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 301 aircraft
Memory managed: 1805 Allocs, 1804 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Service Pack 1 for FSX/FSX-SE

Installation / update of existing installation

Due to the scope of this update we do not offer a patch installer like in previous hotfixes.

For a successful installation, please follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall all installed liveries using the QW Dispatcher (can be found in your start menu)

2. Uninstall the Ultimate 787 Collection (Click Start , and then click Control Panel. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program. Select the Ultimate 787 Collection)

3. Download the full installer (v1.1.0) from Flight1.com

4. Reinstall the product using the new installer (help)