Sign in to follow this  
FreightDawg

Eclipse 550

just purchased the rxp for the eclipse 550 and my question is when i load a flight plan on to the rxp is it suppose to also show up on the aircrafts MFD?

im not getting the flight path or way points to display, i have the rxp set to master and connects GPS to copilot side true, maybe its not integrated correctly

thx for any help

John C

Hi,

it won't display because each sets of avionics, the GTN, and the Eclipse, have no way to communicating such information.

As a matter of fact, we're holding off the feature to export the active route to the default FMS/GPS because the XPlane SDK only permits creating named waypoints if they are already in their DB. Otherwise, any waypoint we're exporting which is not in the DB ends up being named by its LAT+LON (in effect, creating a waypoint in the GPS from the SDK only allow LAT+LON, or known waypoint).

With such feature, any EFIS displaying the default GPS/FMS route would display ours though, like we already do in our FltSim version.

Let me see though if we can enable this feature for the update we are planning to release over the weekend, at least, as 'experimental' with known limitations.

NB: our plugin already exports the route but it is not documented and requires 3rd party EFIS developers to explicitly bind to it, whereas using the stock GPS/FMS route makes it universal.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The latest v2.5.2 update now includes some facilities for displaying the route on the EFIS!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 5/28/2018 at 10:17 PM, RXP said:

The latest v2.5.2 update now includes some facilities for displaying the route on the EFIS!

How is this done, is it automatic or should I do something in the settings?

Same question...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

On 8/5/2018 at 6:45 AM, Wailbal said:
On 5/28/2018 at 3:17 PM, RXP said:

How is this done, is it automatic or should I do something in the settings?

Hi,

just open the settings panel, and check the option, then, any EFIS displaying the X-Plane default active route will display the GTN's instead:

Gauge Options | Advanced | Link Simulator GPS Waypoints

Please note this is limited by X-Plane in a few ways (lack of X-Plane SDK support):

It only consists in straight line segments, and some waypoints won't display their ident name if there is no corresponding facility in the X-Plane database. The reason is because the SDK only permits plugins to change the default FMS/GPS route as a serie of unnamed wpts (lat/lon only), and our plugin tries to 'enhance' this in searching the X-Plane DB for any match, in which case, it can use the X-Plane DB wpt with name instead of just the lat/lon pair.

5 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

just open the settings panel, and check the option, then, any EFIS displaying the X-Plane default active route will display the GTN's instead:

Please note this is limited by X-Plane in a few ways (lack of X-Plane SDK support):

It only consists in straight line segments, and some waypoints won't display their ident name if there is no corresponding facility in the X-Plane database. The reason is because the SDK only permits plugins to change the default FMS/GPS route as a serie of unnamed wpts (lat/lon only), and our plugin tries to 'enhance' this in searching the X-Plane DB for any match, in which case, it can use the X-Plane DB wpt with name instead of just the lat/lon pair.

Thanks for the explanation, but I couldn’t manage to make it to work.

But anyway, for this particular aircraft I found a way that suits me, since I only fly in VR:

- I use the RXP GTN to cover the right screen (since I don’t use it), and this 750 is the main one for navigation

- The default GTN, I use it for charts and checklists only

- I use the “Black Magic beta plugin” to interact with the touch screen in VR, for autopilot 

As shown in my video here.

On 8/6/2018 at 8:56 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

Showing on EFIS working on the default aircrafts like the SF50, but not in the Eclipse 550

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:33 AM, Wailbal said:

- I use the RXP GTN to cover the right screen (since I don’t use it), and this 750 is the main one for navigation

- The default GTN, I use it for charts and checklists only

Hi, you could upload your RealityXP.GTN configuration file. I can not place it on the right screen and as you have your configured.