Hi,

I know Navigraph airac cycles can be used, however does Little NavMap support Aerosoft NavDataPro updates?

Thanks Ian

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Answered in the x.org forum:

Depends. It is a lot of work to write and maintain these data compilers. Not sure if I want to support another format. Have to see.

Alex

I would imagine you can manually copy the NavDataPro files into the correct folder? Ok, so it's a little bit of work, but surely it will work ok?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

2 hours ago, nealmac said:

I would imagine you can manually copy the NavDataPro files into the correct folder? Ok, so it's a little bit of work, but surely it will work ok?

Unfortunately not so easy. 

LMN doesn't read data from folders.  The Navigraph data is compiled into a database file that LMN reads.  The database is similar to what LMN creates when the the user 'loads' a simulator database.

Adding a different data source would require Alex creating a compiler to transform the NavDataPro data into the database format and maintain it.  

I think this is what he is referring to in his reply.

BTW, LMN is open source so I someone else could possibly create the necessary compiler. 

Of course, they would need to agree to maintain it because it would be uncool to create, then dump and run expecting Alex to maintain it.  IMHO..

Ernie

Edited by airernie
  • Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

57 minutes ago, airernie said:

Unfortunately not so easy. 

LMN doesn't read data from folders.  The Navigraph data is compiled into a database file that LMN reads.  The database is similar to what LMN creates when the the user 'loads' a simulator database.

Adding a different data source would require Alex creating a compiler to transform the NavDataPro data into the database format and maintain it.  

I think this is what he is referring to in his reply.

BTW, LMN is open source so I someone else could possibly create the necessary compiler. 

Of course, they would need to agree to maintain it because it would be uncool to create, then dump and run expecting Alex to maintain it.  IMHO..

Ernie

Fair enough. It sounds like the NDP developers are the ones that need to create an installer within their client. Can't see that happening any time soon.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

20 hours ago, nealmac said:

Fair enough. It sounds like the NDP developers are the ones that need to create an installer within their client. Can't see that happening any time soon.

Not only that. That is the least effort. Somebody has to create the data compiler (what Ernie mentioned) and they are not always willing to do that.😐

Alex

Hi,
as Navigraph decided to change their commercial policy, forcing everyone to pay also for the Charts, even if they don't need or want them,
maybe now is a good time to take this up again with Aerosoft to see if they would be willing to make a format for LNM in NavDataPro?

Myself I don't see any point of having the Navigraph charts, I have everything I need in LNM.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX