Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Pilot's FS Global 2018 or Pilot's FS Global Ultimate?

Sorry, Jerome.  But I stand by my post.  Why doesn't PILOTS have a support FORUM?  Using individual email correspondences with customers to solve support issues raises questions about the validity of the product.  It would make MUCH more sense to use a publicly viewable forum to answer support questions.  One user posts a problem they are having, and numerous other users having the SAME problem can see it and the solution for it.  Why on earth would a developer want to have to answer the SAME support issue over and over again in separate emails to separate customers?  It reeks of trying to "hide" issues from the customer base instead of acknowledging issues within the software. 

Or an "at home" developer who doesn't want to (or can't) pay for the costs of maintaining a public forum for their product to begin with.  PILOTS used to be a very visible member of the ORBX forums.  But as time went by and all the issues with their VECTOR product became apparent, they left.  They even left ORBX high and dry.  SOMETHING happened to cause that, and I would be very interested to ask both ORBX and PILOTS about it at the upcoming Las Vegas Convention (which I will attend seeing as I live in Vegas).

And ORBX may have a "mesh expert" for PILOTS mesh products support, but they still seem to be "winging" it about VECTOR support issues with PILOTS nowhere in site on the forum.  Which raises reasonable questions about why ORBX even still recommends VECTOR as a "must have" product with ORBX (it's not...I use a different vector program that works fine with ORBX, and they have a superb online support forum for their product).

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

50 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Why doesn't PILOTS have a support FORUM? 

Really, that is your bar in measuring quality of product support?  I am also a fan of the Pilot's products, so what we have here is simply a difference of opinion and you certainly are entitled to yours.  I feel about the same as you do towards Pilot's with Drzeweicki Design and after trying several products removed it totally; however, I try to be up front in owning that this is my opinion and not a slander of their products.

Dan Downs KCRP

Compared to other Developers, Pilots (Stefan S.) was always weak in support imo ... Just recently I tried to get some "email support" about their mesh with no success (no answer). And that was not the first time. A support forum would do wonders. I have to add that I am a registered owner of nearly all mesh-products since 2008, including the latest Ultimate series.

So for me, the support performance of Pilots is disappointing. Regardless, I always liked their mesh products.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Add the fact that they still have to deliver one last update to FTX Vector for ages (1 year... 2 years?...I forgot) according to the contract. After this, ORBX decided to not longer outsource further development of Vector but continue internally. This should shed some light on the performance of Pilot's.

And I still think, they should have replied to support questions on FTX Vector in the ORBX forum as an external contract developer. When Turbulent did external contract development for ORBX, they (Russell Linn and the linke) did reply to such questions.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I had a problem when reinstalling Pilots 2018 ultimate download mesh.  I emailed the problem along with the error I was getting.  The Developer resolve it in a days time.  Sent an Email explaing what I needed to do and fixed my problem.  I had the 2010 mesh was given a deal to upgrade and took it.  I have also had the freemesh product installed at one time.it seemed to work fine also.  The new mesh seems much sharper to me.  This is just my opinion I do not mean to step on anyone's toes here.