Sign in to follow this  
Faelandaea

P3Dv4 Troubleshooting Issue

Sorry, admins.  The forum will not let me delete this post ... I solved my issue and didn't want to waste forum space.  Please delete this post as I have solved my issue.  Thanks.

Edited by Faelandaea Dravin

The issue was SDK error.  And the solution was RTFM.  LOL.  Reading the documentation I had missed the part about adding the entry to the CFG file for the 777.  I was so focused on Simconnect and Admin rights, as well as making sure the default flight was the default flight, that I had missed the part about adding the entry to the CFG.  I was also thrown off a bit due to the fact that the docs are written so specifically for FSX (You might want to add that the Ultralight is for FSX and the F-22 is for P3D ... My dumb self kept looking for an ultralight in P3D and that threw me off, also.  LOL)

Lesson - don't try to install software after pulling a 24 hour shift as an EMT.

Edited by Faelandaea Dravin

You don't need to manually add the SDK line to the CFG file.

When you "enable" FS2Crew all entries should be added automatically for you.

However, there's a gotcha.

The PMDG 777 (and 747) need to be run at least one time for the Options Ini file to be created in the first place.

Sometimes we have users installing the PMDG 777 and then enabling FS2Crew right away, and that can cause a problem because the Options Ini won't be there so FS2Crew can't add the SDK line.

Cheers,

yeah, I did that.  FS2Crew even tells you in case you do not.  if you for some reason install FS2Crew and forget to run the AC first, it gives you a warning.  That's what it did with me, anyway, so i booted up the Sim, ran the 777, then ran the utility to enable FS2Crew.  However, I think I forgot to run the utility as an Admin, and thus for some reason it didn;t write the line to the CFG.  In current Windows OS installs, anything that needs to alter any files at all should always ALWAYS be run as Admin, and I think that is what I forgot, and thus what really threw me for a loop this round ROFL.

Yup, it's always a good idea as well to install Flight Simulator outside the Program Files folder to help avoid write permission issues.  Windows can be finicky about outside programs writing to things inside the Program Files folder.

If you click on the FSX.exe file, you can select "always as an Admin" in the compatibility tab.

Exactly.  My flight sim has it's own 2.5 TB hard drive .... though I think I need to upgrade to a 4 TB soon O.o

My Windows, even tweaked, acts odd.  When I adjust an EXE file to always run as Admin, it doesn;t seem to stick half the time.  However, right clicking to run as Admin works every time.  LOL.  Go Microsoft. ~eyeroll~