Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

Im SOOOOO sad! ;(

1 minute ago, Cargostorm said:

For everything else I use

Mastercard

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

You will kick yourself hard every time you are on finals and get the dreaded ping.......ping.......ping....OOM.

And you will get it guaranteed, on any flight over 1hr that uses a third party airport or improved ground scenery ala Orbx regions, vector, mesh etc..

I originally bought it for FSX SE.  I made, or nearly made, two sub 2hr flights.  Both ended prematurely.

Good luck bud.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

You will kick yourself hard every time you are on finals and get the dreaded ping.......ping.......ping....OOM.

And you will get it guaranteed, on any flight over 1hr that uses a third party airport or improved ground scenery ala Orbx regions, vector, mesh etc..

That's a bit of a sweeping statement! I use ORBX regions with third party add-on aircraft in FSX:SE and have yet to get an OOM problem, even on long flights. You're certainly not "guaranteed" to get OOMs. It's very much system/setup dependant.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have FSX SE and with that almost all PMDG Aircraft. When I purchased PREPARED v4 I didn't want to buy the same aircraft again. Since I'm lacking a large jet in the PREPARED v4 Hanger, the QW 787 should be a nice fit.

20 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

That's a bit of a sweeping statement! I use ORBX regions with third party add-on aircraft in FSX:SE and have yet to get an OOM problem, even on long flights. You're certainly not "guaranteed" to get OOMs. It's very much system/setup dependant.

Been flying P3D V 2 and V 3 for years. Got my first OOM last night on a short flight from KLAS to KLAX in the 737 NGX. Really surprised me, as I have never had one before. I have the Orbx FTX So Cal region. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

44 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

As far as I've come to experience, it isn't system depended but it's P3D Settings Depended.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 5/26/2018 at 10:48 AM, Aaron Kim said:

The QualityWings 787 Collection released for P3D, but no support for v3!!!!

I bought the 787 for FSX and it was good, but I used P3D v3.

So, I didn't fly the 787 much. And when I heard that P3D support was coming, I was excited.

Now, fast forward some months, P3D support came a few days ago.

BUT, it's for v4.

I was so disappointed.

But why not just get P3D v4???

Becuase, the FsLabs A320 and the LSH Maddog Md-80X you HAVE to purchase again for support v4.

I was so bummed out because I not only have to purchase the 787 again, now I have to spend over $200 for 2 addons I already have.

That's like if Call Of duty only supported the first XBOX and XBOX 1, but they skipped support for the XBOX 360.

Im now so sad ;(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, udidwht said:

Small? FSX:SE is DirectX 9 complaint.

P3Dv3 is Direct X 11 (no DirectX 9 support)

P3Dv3 is miles ahead of FSX Gold

You'll have to take my comments in context my friend.

I've been performing tech support professionally for FSX and P3D (all versions) for a very, very long time and I work with a great many high end developers.  If I'd meant the comments as you took them, then you'd be correct. But that is simply not the case.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Sorry bro!  I'd love to see your settings for a cross country flight in the QW787.  BTW, that was the only aircraft I was talking about.  No idea how other aircraft perform as that was the only reason I installed FSX SE.  Aside from FTX Global there was nothing else in it.

Apologies for any confusion.

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been flying P3D V 2 and V 3 for years. Got my first OOM last night on a short flight from KLAS to KLAX in the 737 NGX. Really surprised me, as I have never had one before. I have the Orbx FTX So Cal region. 

This does look like a deadly combination, Bob, even with the most modest of settings. The LA area is simply brutal, never mind when you add the NGX and the So Cal region to it. I too never really had OOM problems in the older P3D versions. But once I added OLC NA to the mix, cities like LA, NY, Washington, and Seattle became inaccessible to me without having to do some serious gymnastics. That's why v4 was a day 1 purchase for me.

Walter Meier

Lest we forget that the sim (P3Dv2 or P3Dv3) will also load everything you have enabled in the scenery list. Disable what you don't need and lower memory usage. Even with P3Dv4 being 64bit compatible it's still heavy on ESP code hence the reason it still looks very much like the previous versions.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

1 hour ago, wsmeier said:

This does look like a deadly combination, Bob, even with the most modest of settings. The LA area is simply brutal, never mind when you add the NGX and the So Cal region to it. I too never really had OOM problems in the older P3D versions. But once I added OLC NA to the mix, cities like LA, NY, Washington, and Seattle became inaccessible to me without having to do some serious gymnastics. That's why v4 was a day 1 purchase for me.

Been flying FTX So CAL  for well over a year, and never had a problem until yesterday , and my settings are all mid range. In fact I have all FTX regions in the US plus Norway, England, and Ireland. No issues at all..

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You'll have to take my comments in context my friend.

I've been performing tech support professionally for FSX and P3D (all versions) for a very, very long time and I work with a great many high end developers.  If I'd meant the comments as you took them, then you'd be correct. But that is simply not the case.

Best wishes.

I have literally thrown loads of FSX SP2+ add on software into P3Dv3 and it runs without issue. Can't say the same with P3Dv4. I'd say if one is just getting into P3D then yes by all means go with v4. But for someone who's already heavily $invested$ into P3Dv3 with a ton of $add-ons$ and the sim is satisfying you? No.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 5/26/2018 at 11:18 AM, Aaron Kim said:

I guess I can do that, but I’ll have to buy an extra hard drive cause my stock HDD is loosing some space. So I’ll end up spending even MORE money just for an addon that was only supposed to cost $70.

Warning -- if your HDD is "loosing space" that generally means a HDD failure is in your near future. Prices on SSDs are dropping like crazy -- you can get a Micron 2 Tb (yes 2 Tb) SSD for $279 (Newegg special code needed). This time last year a 1 Tb was well north of $325.

Edited by pgde
To correct Gb to Tb.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.