Sign in to follow this  
arwasairl

Im SOOOOO sad! ;(

32 minutes ago, pgde said:

Warning -- if your HDD is "loosing space" that generally means a HDD failure is in your near future. Prices on SSDs are dropping like crazy -- you can get a Micron 2 Gb (yes 2 Gb) SSD for $279 (Newegg special code needed). This time last year a 1 Gb was well north of $325.

Do you mean 2TB? 2GB you can get probably for free these days.

Simbol 

• Like 1

Whoops. You are most correct. A senior moment :) Will try to make the edit.

Thanks Eagle Eyes.....

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been flying FTX So CAL  for well over a year, and never had a problem until yesterday , and my settings are all mid range. In fact I have all FTX regions in the US plus Norway, England, and Ireland. No issues at all..

That's interesting! You've definitely found the right setup that's eluded others...

Walter Meier

39 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

That's interesting! You've definitely found the right setup that's eluded others...

Been doing this since 1988.  Learned a bit  about it. 😋

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

On 6/5/2018 at 1:41 AM, simbol said:

LOL! brilliant 

Not with the exorbitant interest rates banks charge theses days. I like my balances at or near zero (6 cards). I'm in the business of owning something outright.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3296/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

You can invest in the past or in the future.   Vendor support for 32 bit products is going to drop fast.  64 bit is here, it's the product going forward that will continue to get all the new improvements.

If it helps, simply move to Preapar3D 64 bit and at first concentrate on learning in detail the few 64--bit planes you can afford.   In time, add the others.  

It doesn't have to be an all out conversion, do it incrementally.  I did it this way and found there were some pay ware airplanes that I didn't even care to reinstall. 

I tend to like bring really good at a few specific airplanes than running around the skies winging it in everything from P-51 mustangs to 747s.

Mark

Invest in 64bit.  You will save tons of headaches and time.  Trust me saving Time is more important than few bucks.  I was holding on to my 32bit FSX PMDG 737 for a while, and I could never enjoy flying NGX over full Orbx regions.  It sucks that I had to pay again, but it is me investing in 64bit and I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.  So much time saving, and all VAS related headaches are gone. 

I only have base FSX installed on a different SSD just for PMDG MD-11 (I may fly that rarely).  Done with 32bit forever. 

Don't be Sad, life is too short to be sad.  Be Grateful that we now all have access to 64bit sims

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If only P3D was x64 but in the first place...

Also I switched to P3D v4 and ended up buying the v3 only addons I had and buying v4 versions

I also bought a few other v4 only addons, like Aerosoft’s DC-8 (which actually a x32 is coming) and I was able to use my 787.

Im also quite hyped for FSDT’s KORD and it’s only P3D v4 so I’ll get that soon.

Also, when x128 bit comes out (it’ll take a LONG time) I’ll probably have to invest in “128 bit addons” and I’ll end up burning a hole in my wallet. Maybe, 64 bit addons might be compatible with a 128 bit game. 

But i think it’s highly unlikely due to how software bits work.

Edited by Aaron Kim

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

Don't fret, when LM put a new rendering engine in P3D, as they doubtless soon will, we'll probably all have to junk our entire add-ons collection again anyway lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

23 minutes ago, Chock said:

Don't fret, when LM put a new rendering engine in P3D, as they doubtless soon will, we'll probably all have to junk our entire add-ons collection again anyway lol.

Don't even say that! 😆
(I know, of course, that you're right...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

26 minutes ago, Chock said:

Oh,  the tears that will be cried....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Oh,  the tears that will be cried....

And then everyone will moan about this, saying P3D is the worse sim ever because it changed the engine..

Anyway, I am sure the LM team will find a solution to bring things forward without destroying all your current add-on's because let's face, they has been doing this since P3D V1!

Regards,
S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

And then everyone will moan about this, saying P3D is the worse sim ever because it changed the engine..

Anyway, I am sure the LM team will find a solution to bring things forward without destroying all your current add-on's because let's face, they has been doing this since P3D V1!

Regards,
S.

They won't be my tears.  I've been wanting radical changes to move the whole thing forward for ages.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:17 AM, ErichB said:

They won't be my tears.  I've been wanting radical changes to move the whole thing forward for ages.

My tears definitely lol

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!!