Sign in to follow this  
Gonzales

FSX doesnt read a changed aircraft.cfg

Hi, i did paint a Livery for the DC6. I create a Texture Folder and changed the aircraft.cfg like with the B777 or 747 also. I´m sure (99.9%) that new entry in the aircraft.cfg is correct. I save it on the Desktop and copy the File back to the DC6B Aircraft Folder. And now starts the Problem. Run the FSX as Admin, equal, the FSX dont read the changed aircraft.cfg. Not just only the new Entry, all other DC6 are not shown, also if i delete the Entry again.

And so i dont know what is my Problem.

Thanks a Lot for all Help

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzales

It seems that you somehow corrupted the aircraft.cfg. Have you kept a backup of the original one? If not the only I can suggest is to reinstall and use the repair option.

Real names in the forum please first and last as per forum regulations 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

make sure you have saved a .cfg and not a .txt file... happened to me once xD

4 hours ago, Gonzales said:

I save it on the Desktop and copy the File back to the DC6B Aircraft Folder. And now starts the Problem. Run the FSX as Admin,

copy the File back to the DC6B Aircraft Folder - Did you check the file in the FSX folder is the new file?

In any case what I would do to enable easy editing of FSX aircraft files is set the Modify permission for the Users group an the FSX program files folder.

That way I don't need to muck around opening and saving with admin access. And also there's no need to Run FSX as Admin since logged on Users have Permission to Modify the Folder content that way.

I could install FSX in a private folder so I automatically have access as I already own any folder I create. Even so, in those cases I enable the Modify Permission for the Users group on those too since any problem down the road with the profile could leave installed apps in that folder unavailable to other users.

Other advantage of simple User access to the FSX folders basically enables Planes and other addons that save their Panel State and plan files there in the FSX folders and don't set the permission in their installers, they generally recommend running as admin or installing into private folders. Clicking OK to Run as Admin all day in User mode programs is an unnecessary chore and invites problems and security breaches.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi, so that are the letters for the aircraft.cfg This should be good. If there kis a Mistake the FSX cant read the new Livery, but cant read other changing the complete aircraft.cfg. Thats the Problem.

[fltsim.10]
title=PMDG DC-6B Trans Canada  (CP-405 | 1965)
sim=DC-6B_v1
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=TCA
atc_id=CP-405
atc_airline=TCA
atc_flight_number=036
atc_model=DC6
atc_heavy=0
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_type=Douglas
ui_manufacturer=Douglas
ui_type=DC-6B
ui_variation=Trans Canada (CP-405 | 1960)
ui_typerole=DC6
ui_createdby=PMDG
description=A piston-powered airliner and transport aircraft built by the Douglas Aircraft Company from 1946 to 1958.
PMDG_Version=1 // **DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE - PMDG OPERATIONS CENTER USE ONLY**

47 minutes ago, Gonzales said:

Hi, so that are the letters for the aircraft.cfg This should be good. If there kis a Mistake the FSX cant read the new Livery, but cant read other changing the complete aircraft.cfg. Thats the Problem.

[fltsim.10]
sim=DC-6B_v1
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=TCA
atc_id=CP-405
atc_airline=TCA
atc_flight_number=036
atc_model=DC6
atc_heavy=0
atc_type=Douglas
ui_manufacturer=Douglas
ui_type=DC-6B
ui_typerole=DC6
ui_createdby=PMDG
description=A piston-powered airliner and transport aircraft built by the Douglas Aircraft Company from 1946 to 1958.

Please sign your posts with the real name first and last as per forum rules. The line I highlighted above is not needed for customer liveries.  As I wrote before if by removing the above livery the rest are not working that means that you have deleted something from the aircraft.cfg that you shouldn't

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

[fltsim.10]
sim=DC-6B_v1
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=TCA
atc_id=CP-405
atc_airline=TCA
atc_flight_number=036
atc_model=DC6
atc_heavy=0
atc_type=Douglas
ui_manufacturer=Douglas
ui_type=DC-6B
ui_typerole=DC6
ui_createdby=PMDG

Michael