Sign in to follow this  
CaptainLars

777 Update

Hopefully this question can get answered by PMDG staff:

1. The next update of the 777, which position does it hold in the assembly line (notice that I'm not asking for a release date)?

2. Will it be free of charge, or, if not, will there be a discount for existing customers?

Thank you for anwering this question in a decent, customer orientated manner.

47 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

Hopefully this question can get answered by PMDG staff:

1. The next update of the 777, which position does it hold in the assembly line (notice that I'm not asking for a release date)?

2. Will it be free of charge, or, if not, will there be a discount for existing customers?

Thank you for anwering this question in a decent, customer orientated manner.

Lars,

Any update for the 777 will happen after the 747-8 release and after making sure that it stable enough.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Lars,

Any update for the 777 will happen after the 747-8 release and after making sure that it stable enough.

Thank you. I keep fingers crossed then that it's going to b a service update free of charge.

50 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

Thank you. I keep fingers crossed then that it's going to b a service update free of charge.

What, exactly, are you expecting will be updated?

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

What, exactly, are you expecting will be updated?

The question makes little sense, actually. What matters is what should be adressed with an update, not what I expect.

The bugs, to begin with. Stability around the pitch axis. A new windshield rain effect would be in order, too. This would be a nice update.

23 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

The question makes little sense, actually. What matters is what should be adressed with an update, not what I expect.

The bugs, to begin with. Stability around the pitch axis. A new windshield rain effect would be in order, too. This would be a nice update.

Lars, I think most would regard the 777 as an extremely stable product. I, personally, haven’t run into many, if any, issues, and it’s been flying like a dream for me. PMDG did say that Rainmaker would be rolled back to the 777 sometime after its debut on the 747 series, which hasn’t happened yet. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

It actually makes quite a lot of sense, actually.

Your original post contained no real specific reference to anything that should be addressed with an update. Interestingly enough, despite your assertion that what matters isn't what you expect, your later list includes something that I would argue would be part of your personal wish list, and not simply the obvious fixes.

...which is why I asked. Crazy how that worked, isn't it?

• Like 5

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, CaptainLars said:

All of PMDG’s updates have been free of charge, except entirely new products of course, so there’s little reason to suggest this will be any different.

It’d be nice to have the whole airplane cast a shadow from the cockpit (as in the 747) rather than just the cockpit itself. Other than that, everything seems great and stable to me.

James

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It actually makes quite a lot of sense, actually.

Your original post contained no real specific reference to anything that should be addressed with an update. Interestingly enough, despite your assertion that what matters isn't what you expect, your later list includes something that I would argue would be part of your personal wish list, and not simply the obvious fixes.

...which is why I asked. Crazy how that worked, isn't it?

So you are asking me what I'd expect from an update and then you blame me for making a "personal wishlist"? I inserted this list of bugs and a PMDG announcement because I didn't want to cut completely on communication, but now I see that was foolish. Communication isn't the point.

4 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

PMDG did say that Rainmaker would be rolled back to the 777 sometime after its debut on the 747 series, which hasn’t happened yet. Hope this helps!

Exactly, that's my knowledge, too. That and some enhanced ground equipment as does the QOTSII have.

which bugs?

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

So you are asking me what I'd expect from an update and then you blame me for making a "personal wishlist"? I inserted this list of bugs and a PMDG announcement because I didn't want to cut completely on communication, but now I see that was foolish. Communication isn't the point.

Lars - I'm confused as to what you want here, which is why I asked in the first place, and immediately got push back from you. Not at all sure why. If someone asked me what I wanted, or expected, I would provide them a straightforward answer...especially if I wanted something.

I wanted to know what you wanted in an update. The answer could have been as simple as "just bug fixes." Instead, I got somewhat of a lecture, and it seemed oddly contradictory, so I pointed that out. I'm not blaming you for anything: I asked a question. It is reasonable to expect a straightforward answer.

There aren't any glaring bugs, so I was curious to hear what you were looking for.

At this rate, though, if you have any direct communication for us: support.precisionmanuals.com. Be sure to submit detailed feedback as to what you're looking for.

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not sure what needs to be updated.  The 777 is so complete.  The only thing I've seem hints of, would be things like the electronic flight bag.  Or maybe rain on the windscreen.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

And the shadow update. This is a bit of a recording - breaker when you have a floating flight deck on the taxiway.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

On 5/27/2018 at 8:40 PM, Ephedrin said:

which bugs?

Also curious. I've never encountered any "bugs", except the aforementioned external cockpit shadows, but I believe that happend with the conversion to P3D 4 and is on the list already.

Edited by andreh