Sign in to follow this  
samwheeler

Mouse Cursor and Slow Panning

Seems to be back again now, seems when I tab out of game then tab back in, it stops hiding the cursor and pans slowly. Tried restarting CP and reinstalling it, still no luck. 😕

Edited by samwheeler

Does disabling the "MB Hide (Pan & Tilt)" option in Preferences > Camera fix the issue? (The mouse will remain visible)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 5/31/2018 at 7:55 PM, Keven Menard said:

Does disabling the "MB Hide (Pan & Tilt)" option in Preferences > Camera fix the issue? (The mouse will remain visible)

Nope still slow panning. If you need to do a TeamViewer to see the issue, I would be more than happy to do that as this is really annoying.

I have published an update, let me know if it fixed the issue

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 6/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, Keven Menard said:

I have published an update, let me know if it fixed the issue

Will try today, seems to be whenever I click out of the sim and then back in, it does the slow panning thing..

I have also been experiencing similar symptoms where CP starts up ok and allowed me to finally set up and create various viewpoints I wanted to set up and assign them to specific switches on my yoke. All of a sudden without warning it locks up and appears unresponsive to views selected. It appears to be locked up at that time and does not seem to be linked to any specific view selected. However I then noticed after several minutes that it suddenly changes view and cycles through whatever views were selected and did not respond to in the order selected as if it is suffering severe lag. Making it impossible to use in a flight for any prolonged duration. This also affects just about everything else opening when selected. Turning off CP rectifies this retardation immediately and any window or panel selected responds immediately again. Restarting CP works again to start with for a short period and then it starts the same lock up retardation effect on the system. I have a reasonably high end system TUFX299 with i7 7800X CPU, GTX1060 6gb G1 Gaming GPU, 32gb of 3000Mhz RAM. This also does not show any abnormality in usage 20% max when this situation arises.    

Edited by rf253

Still waiting on this, once I load the sim up, it pans fine, then the minute I click out of the sim and then back in the slow panning resumes.

I also have the problem whereby in the sim I can pan around normally as long as CP is active on the same screen.  as soon as I move CP to my second monitor  and  click back into the sim it almost entirely stops the panning, if I click CP and make it active then panning in the sim is back to normal.

I think its something to do with CP having to have focus.  I say this because I have other software behaving similar.

I have tried  reloading CP as Administrator but that didn't work

On 6/16/2018 at 9:07 AM, CaptainTJ said:

I also have the problem whereby in the sim I can pan around normally as long as CP is active on the same screen.  as soon as I move CP to my second monitor  and  click back into the sim it almost entirely stops the panning, if I click CP and make it active then panning in the sim is back to normal.

I think its something to do with CP having to have focus.  I say this because I have other software behaving similar.

I have tried  reloading CP as Administrator but that didn't work

Yeah seems to be after I load the sim I can pan around fine but as soon as I click out to say load Active Sky or PFPX and then click back the panning is slower and the cursor shows up. Except it stays like that till a restart. I have no clue what to try, I already run as admin.