Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Victor

P3DV4 QualityWings 787 Bugs

This is always a dangerous kind of post to make late at night when people get grumpy.

I am not a fan-boy by nature and except for AVSIM, and some of the ORBX products (and unreserved praise for the perfect Pip version of the L-39) but I am really impressed with the QW 787. Have not found a single thing I would complain about, much less label a flaw or fault. 

In my opinion it is a top drawer quality product that has not shown a bug or a problem whatsoever. Yes, I have a nice rig that runs fast with about 500g of addons in P3Dv4. Maybe if I keep looking I will find a bug, maybe not, don't know, but I do know this from personal experience with this aircraft: It a pleasure to own and fly.

I am not saying others are making fake news (I am not an American), but something in specs, other software, errors, or lack of following proper (studied and applied) procedures in the QW manual is taking a toll here, at least in part. One thing fixed in my mind is that QW if being blamed for a lot of stuff that is unfair and over the top.

Maybe I will hate it tomorrow, after I nose in to some farmer's field, but so far, and after a few flights in, it's delicious!

...***and the new Air Canada livery is the best in North America from all comers (teasing our off again, on again, off again, on again free trade partners).***

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer Stephen

PS: This is intended to be good natured, agreeing to disagree kind of friendly banter post, not a charger of bribery, robbery, snobbery, deceit, slander, abuse, torture or intentional malcontentism. 😎

Edited by SpiritFlyer
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

My biggest concern is the acft won't descend in vnav for me.  

That and having the autopilot fly an ils is not consistent.  Sometimes when loading an ils in the FMS it will other times not.  And manually tuning - is there a way to get it to display similar to the 737? In other words how to get my CDI needle?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So far I have taken 5 more flights - minimum distance 800nm and have had no issues at all. In every case, the vnav took over and descended as expected. A few times I got a warning to use the spoiler to assist in speed reduction.  3 ILS approaches, one to auroland and two RNAV approaches went as expected.

So far, my only complaint is the repetitive autosave message that pops up on the FMC. I am flying with ASP4 weather, TrackIR altho based upon QW advice I donot have wx enabled in the a/c display.

Vic

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

No bugs here either so far.

It's interesting, because if there were fundamental flaws or errors with the plane itself, I'm guessing it would show up for everyone...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I cannot agree there are no problems as I had an issue landing on my maiden flight at KSFO where the VREF told me Flags 30 would be set at 143kts and changing the speed to 143kts caused a crash landing.  If I had not changed the speed to the VREF, I would have landed okay.  I have visited their forums and there are some confirmed issues so some flaws have been found and will likely be fixed and I plan on posting my issue with the VREF.

My training as a pilot might be flawed too.  I always set the VREF as shown on that page for the max flaps on landing and expect the APP will reduce the speed to 143kts when flaps hit 30.  It's doesn't in all of the flights I have taken so far.  If I disregard the VREF and let the APP land the aircraft, there are no problems.

I agree with Stephen (SpiritFlyer) though in that it is a high quality product.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

I cannot agree there are no problems as I had an issue landing on my maiden flight at KSFO where the VREF told me Flags 30 would be set at 143kts and changing the speed to 143kts caused a crash landing.  If I had not changed the speed to the VREF, I would have landed okay.  I have visited their forums and there are some confirmed issues so some flaws have been found and will likely be fixed and I plan on posting my issue with the VREF.

My training as a pilot might be flawed too.  I always set the VREF as shown on that page for the max flaps on landing and expect the APP will reduce the speed to 143kts when flaps hit 30.  It's doesn't in all of the flights I have taken so far.  If I disregard the VREF and let the APP land the aircraft, there are no problems.

I agree with Stephen (SpiritFlyer) though in that it is a high quality product.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim

What was the wind like ? I cant find info regarding this. Energy calculation for the gust and wind is + VREF .

Airbus has an other energy known phenomenan called GS mini .

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi Jim

What was the wind like ? I cant find info regarding this. Energy calculation for the gust and wind is + VREF .

Airbus has an energy known phenomenan called GS mini .

Thanks

Michael Moe

Dunno.  I had ASP4 engaged but I never ever look at the wind and only go by the recommendations shown in the VREF and rely solely on APP to land the aircraft.  The technology on these aircraft has to be the best and that's why I rely on it.  The PMDG aircraft do a very good job at this and I have never encountered any problems with those aircraft.  Same with the CS757.  So, when I had an issue with the 787, I immediately figured there was a flaw.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

49 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Dunno.  I had ASP4 engaged but I never ever look at the wind and only go by the recommendations shown in the VREF and rely solely on APP to land the aircraft.  The technology on these aircraft has to be the best and that's why I rely on it.  The PMDG aircraft do a very good job at this and I have never encountered any problems with those aircraft.  Same with the CS757.  So, when I had an issue with the 787, I immediately figured there was a flaw.

From top of my head you must not set the speed to VREF in any Boeing aircraft in the MCP if there is wind calculations to be done.

You need to add this calculations in the MCP (NGX for instance)

Same goes for 777 as well. The speed in the FMC is often 170 knots and only a recommended speed.

Vapproach speeds (MCP) and VREF speeds (FMC) Are not the same 

Thanks

Michael moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I tried another flight, and once again the plane was unbalanced, i've set all the tanks to 100% and all the cargo to 2000 each, and still the CoG was sitting on the left, i had to reduce the left wing fuel to 70% to center it. On approach, flying on 155kts i got several stall warnings and on land the nose slammed again, probably simulating a gear crash

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

From top of my head you must not set the speed to VREF in any Boeing aircraft in the MCP if there is wind calculations to be done.

Same goes for 777 as well. The speed in the FMC is often 170 knots and only a recommended speed.

Thanks

Michael moe

For the 777 (and I assume the same goes for its sibling 787, but do not quote me on that 😀) standard is to add vref+5 if landing with A/T in speed mode. No other headwind/gust correction is needed. In some cases it might be wise to add 10kts in really gusty conditions.

If planned landing is made with manual thrust then conventional wind additive can be performed.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

3 hours ago, SAS443 said:

For the 777 (and I assume the same goes for its sibling 787, but do not quote me on that 😀) standard is to add vref+5 if landing with A/T in speed mode. No other headwind/gust correction is needed. In some cases it might be wise to add 10kts in really gusty conditions.

If planned landing is made with manual thrust then conventional wind additive can be performed.

Yeah the 777 is another beast but still you would never set vref speed as the command speed with 25 headwind gusting to 35 in the MCP with At on would you.?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Yeah the 777 is another beast but still you would never set vref speed as the command speed with 25 headwind gusting to 35 in the MCP with At on would you.?

Thanks Michael Moe 

To protect from sudden airspeed loss in the flare I would fly vref+10. No vref additive derived from actual wind conditions is applied with AT on. 

Do not treat it as a 737. Both 777/787 have control laws that protects from thrust-pitch coupling so AT system is more complex and capable than both the 737NG and the B744 even. 🙂

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

9 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks

Michael moe

Thanks Michael.  Based on your info, I have no problems whatsoever with the 787.  It is just that I have been taught to go to the Approach page in the FMC and set the speed for the flaps.  For the PMDG 747, 777, and 737, the speed for Flaps 30 worked well and the aircraft always landed flawlessly.  Thanks for the info and your help!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

On 5/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, Gabriel Victor said:

but i have encountered some bugs that makes me unable to fly it.

There is nothing that makes this aircraft unflyable.

And yet in a later post you say -

"Well, i am extremely new to flying.."

Sheesh.........................

Edited by Dean_EGTC