Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Victor

P3DV4 QualityWings 787 Bugs

1 hour ago, Airline2Sim said:

Also I couldn’t see a way to change the gross weight in the approach page to get an accurate VREF upon arrival,

I think the inability to change the GW on the approach page has been reported to them.  As an alternative you should be able to use a reduced weight in the OPT in the EFB and send that output to the FMS.

Speaking of VREF does anyone know how to prevent the ZFW and V speeds from automatically populating in the CDU?  I confirmed the CduAutoCalcVspeeds and CduAutoCalcZfw aren’t present in qw787.cfg per the manual.

Brian W

KPAE

20 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

KDFW AKUNA7 MLC DCT SGF J105 WELTS SHAIN1 KORD

Typical and dang..bad choice for arrival airport.  I forgot about the outdated and missing runways on FSDT'S KORD.  I of course was vectored by PATCX to a non-existant runway so made a total hash of the approach.

I'll find another destination 😄

come and be brave and ask a BA or Virgin engineer about the crap this 787 has caused with the GENX engines and the 3rd power cable with the electric starter motor and trying to fire up off the APU.

Its caused havoc at Virgin this 787, i promise you.  

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

I have no problems with fps only the landing lights giving a 10fps dip when turned on but this has been said in multiple other topics so I'm sure it will be looked into. Modelling is really well done!

I do however experience a problem regarding the terrain. The test I did was EHAM-LFPG, Flytampa, T2G, Active Sky, ORBX Netherlands, Vector, Global, Europe. There is no problem taking of with the 787 but when the flight get's underway and up to speed the terrain becomes blurry. Once I reach LFPG the terrain is still not loaded. I did the same flight with the PMDG 737 and a default F22 (Yes I went that way..) and I had no problems. I also tested it while taking of with the 787, climbed to FL230 and the terrain was blurry. Switched to the F22 and the terrain was loaded in 5 seconds. I'm not sure what is causing this problem. my GPU, CPU and RAM are nowhere near 100%. Turning down terrain settings or switching off DL lightning didn't help as well. I've addressed this on the QW forums as well with one other user experiencing the same problem. 

System: 8700K@4.6, SLI1080, 32gb ram on V4.2.

Maikel van der Heijden

12 hours ago, tooting said:

come and be brave and ask a BA or Virgin engineer about the crap this 787 has caused with the GENX engines and the 3rd power cable with the electric starter motor and trying to fire up off the APU.

Its caused havoc at Virgin this 787, i promise you.  

Luckily this is a sim and we can gloss over battery, compressor blade, and electrical cable problems 😉

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2018 at 12:19 AM, ryanbatcund said:

My biggest concern is the acft won't descend in vnav for me.  

That and having the autopilot fly an ils is not consistent.  Sometimes when loading an ils in the FMS it will other times not.  And manually tuning - is there a way to get it to display similar to the 737? In other words how to get my CDI needle?

I have fixed most of my issues.....trim not moving with my yoke button and flaps not setting using my throttle quad handle but I still have no idea how to show the CDI needle on an ILS landing.  Anyone know how to do this?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

A quirky question to all : do you think QW will release 1 big patch within around 2 months or do you believe QW will release few small patches every 2-3 weeks ? 

Thank you

As an addendum to my last posting about VNAV, I've been chatting to one of our 787 guys (who now has moved back to the 737 NG) and apparently the VNAV logic is slightly different to the 777.

In the 777 if you open the speed window during a VNAV descent then the FMA will change to VNAV SPD from PTH, and the aircraft will no longer respect the path, but simply adjust pitch to maintain the selected speed. The A/T will wake up and go into SPD if there's a danger of underspeed. 

In the 787 opening the speed window will not change the FMA from VNAV PTH, as long as the aircraft remains with the VNAV speed band on the PFD. Only if the aircraft departs from this band will the FMA change to VNAV SPD. 

I haven't spent enough time with the 787 yet (or know absolutely what the real one does) to see how much of this is portrayed with accuracy but just wanted to add a health warning not to expect it to do EXACTLY what the 777 does as the two aircraft have some subtle differences, and the 777 VNAV logic is already something that is widely misunderstood in the first place! 

• Like 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Now, now, steady on.  

No be fair the 747 has treated us well but 346 was a lovely a/c when we got it. Anyways back to topic. I'd just done 3 nightshifts of dealing with poo 💩 and looking forward to a weekend of qw flights 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

I'm having a take off problem,everythings works fine untill I lift off, out of nowhere my engines are going to idle almost.

When this happens I of course lose a lot of thrust and it will end up in stalling, I can re-engage my throttles again but then my 787 automatically goes back to almost idle thrust.

This happens when A/T is turned off & on so that makes no difference.

I'm using Flaps 15 and around 150/155kt to take off.

7 hours ago, MarkW said:

I have fixed most of my issues.....trim not moving with my yoke button and flaps not setting using my throttle quad handle but I still have no idea how to show the CDI needle on an ILS landing.  Anyone know how to do this?

I don't think we can get an HSI

You can get a bearing needle on the screen though by tuning a VOR and using the menu to display it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 5/31/2018 at 6:07 AM, Airline2Sim said:

Howwever the VNAV/autothrust logic needs work and obviously things like the ability to upload winds are a must have on a long haul aircraft like this. As long as you don’t mind falling back to more back automation modes when the VNAV falls over, then you’ll be quite happy with your purchase. I wish the guys every success in polishing this one up for the prime time as it’s not far off. 

Completely agree! Uploading winds makes a big different for me. Still, even in it's current state, it's a great product. Can't wait to see how it matures. 

Sante Sottile

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I don't think we can get an HSI

You can get a bearing needle on the screen though by tuning a VOR and using the menu to display it

Is that a missing feature or faithful replication of the real aircraft?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

10 hours ago, MarkW said:

Hello Mark, Not beside the sim now, but I believe it's on page
353 of the users manual - pressing LOC/FAC (above the "app" switch).

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

11 hours ago, MarkW said:

.trim not moving with my yoke button

Mark - I thought I was having the same issue but the trim while on the ground moves very slow.  Hold your trim for at least 5 seconds and you will see the change...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11