Sign in to follow this  
pwscott

2 Monitors: FSX one and Plan-G Other??

Happy to be back here after several years with a new instance of FSX and a lot of Orbx scenery installed. I used to fly with FSX up on my left screen and Plan-G on the right screen. I don;t seem to be able to have anything but a blank screen on the 2nd display when FSX is active. Could some kind person please remind me of what I need to do to make this happen like I used to? Windows 10 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti here running NVIDIA driver 23.21.13.9101. FSX and Acceleration cleanly installed with Orbx scenery.

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

Welcome back.

If you have FSX in full screen mode on your left monitor, that may cause the second monitor to be black. "Alt-Enter" will switch between full screen and windows mode. I have not ran Plan G for awhile but I think you can run it on separate computer or laptop if you have that option.  You will have to run Plan G on the same computer as the simulator and create the databases and transfer them to the separate computer or laptop.  The computers will have to be on the same network.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott
  • Like 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

You can also go to the nvidia cp . Then  you can set the primary monitor (1) if you choose detect  monitors. On this monitor you can run FSX on window mode (You can maximize it like a normal window) or full screen mode (like johncott said). In window mode you can drag the window to any monitor you like. I have the same nvidia card with you, I have 2 monitors,  efass runs on the 1080 (2)  monitor and the fsx (windowed maximized) on the 2560 (1) primary.

Regards.

• Like 1

Thank you gentlemen, I will experiment with each method. Fun to be back rebuilding my sim world from scratch (meaning reinstalling FSX and XPlane11 and the many, many aircraft and scenery packages I've acquired including the latest Obrx Global during the weekend sale here).

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive