Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Napa to Reno, Xplane11, Aerobask Eclipse, and Ortho scenery

Great looking scenery all the way up to Reno....love that flight!

HLJAMES

• Like 1

Gorgeous!

I was taking a look at this thread on the org, and oh my, some great pics here.

Sharing for inspiration 😉

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/23517-what-plane-did-you-fly-today-max-2-pictures-per-post-one-post-per-day-please/

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Thanks for your replies, the Aerobask Eclipse is outstanding payware, worth the investment in Xplane11.  And the rule of thumb is if you are happy with your performance in P3DV4, you will be happier with Xplane11.

John

John, what Ortho source are you using for California?  Looks fantastic.

--- Jim  ---

2 hours ago, Hangar24 said:

John, what Ortho source are you using for California?  Looks fantastic.

I used USA_2 as my Ortho source for all of my scenery, which extends from the Mexican border up into Southern British Columbia.  I like USA_2 because I felt its colors more realistic vs. other image servers.

John

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

I used USA_2 as my Ortho source for all of my scenery, which extends from the Mexican border up into Southern British Columbia.  I like USA_2 because I felt its colors more realistic vs. other image servers.

John

Thanks John!  I have Bing, doesn't look as nice as what's shown in your shots.  Guess I need to re-download.

--- Jim  ---

12 hours ago, Hangar24 said:

Thanks John!  I have Bing, doesn't look as nice as what's shown in your shots.  Guess I need to re-download.

I had to do it as well, tried Bing at first but it just did not color match as well, so over the course of 24 hours I redownloaded a 200x1500 mile swath of scenery, until I ran out of hard drive space.  My daughter suggested yesterday I invest in a 2 terrabyte external drive, might do that to expand my scenery eastward and into Wyoming, Idaho and Montana.

John