Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

PSXseeconTraffic and PF3

Hi All,

Im enjoying PSXseeconTraffic however I don’t normally fly live and use the delay feature. I’d like to use PFE3 ATC program as well however PF3 has trouble identifying the airline callsigns and spells out the letters not the actual airline name. I think this is because PSXseeconTraffic injects registration data which confuses PF3. Anyone know a fix.

thanks 

IM

9 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Im enjoying PSXseeconTraffic however I don’t normally fly live and use the delay feature. I’d like to use PFE3 ATC program as well however PF3 has trouble identifying the airline callsigns and spells out the letters not the actual airline name. I think this is because PSXseeconTraffic injects registration data which confuses PF3. 

Hi,

Delayed or not will not make any difference, I'd think.

I do not know PF3 but in general Flight Simulator ATC programs do not work with the aircraft injected by PSXseeconTraffic. The info they usually need (flight plans) is not available for the real live aircraft because they do not follow a flightplan but are "slewed through space" so to speak by PSXseeconTraffic.

EDIT: PSXseeconTraffic only provides the Livery Title and the Callsign to SimConnect when it creates an aircraft in your Sim. But sometimes the Callsign provided by RealTraffic is equal to the registration code as you can see in the RealTraffic window.

Nico

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico, thanks for the reply.

PF3 may read the AI’s flight plan for determining its destination to give out initial departure clearances. But my understanding is PF3 just monitors the AI (can’t control them obviously) so clearances are issued just a few seconds behind, for example “Cleared for Takeoff.

Im certainly hearing PF3 talking back and forth between AI as they flip frequencies along my flight and report maintaining an altitude. 

I’m guessing PF3 looks at the title to decide what airline callsign to apply. E.G. UAL606

What I’m hearing is Uniform Alpha Lima 606 and some other numbers and letters. (Maybe part of the rego)

I might pop the question over on the PF3 forums and see if David can let me know how and what PF3 reads from the AI titles.

thanks again for the reply

IM

Nico, FWIW this is the response from the developer of PF3.

“PF3 gains it's AI data from FSUIPC and if the format or name is not recognised by PF3 you will get the first part of the name given phonetically rather than hearing the correct callsign. PF3 does NOT only see and respond to air traffic but ground traffic also. Finally NO, PF3 does not read the AI flight plans and knows nothing about where AI traffic is coming from or going to.”

It all comes down to how PF3 sees the titles, I guess.

IM

26 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

It all comes down to how PF3 sees the titles, I guess.

OK thx.

Edited by kiek
Changed my mind