Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

PRO-ATC after recent patches

Folks,

Could someone please comment on PATC improvements (if any) after the recent patches? Haven't touched it since 1.8.XXX

Thank you in advance

Dmitriy

• Like 1

I'm a new user to PATC. Everything works just fine so far with excellent support.

Mark

+1 and there forum is packed with valuable info.  Go see!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

Could someone please comment on PATC improvements (if any) after the recent patches? Haven't touched it since 1.8.XXX

Thank you in advance

Dmitriy

Be aware the old database is not supported and you will need to re-enter your data, for example custom aircraft parameters, way points, etc.

Apart from that all good.

Regards,
S

• Like 1

Some users  with P3D version 3.4, including myself, are running into problems with 1922-1925, reported on the forum. I have stopped using it at this point, and gone back to PF3 until they fix it. Problem is either at Clearance or during descent, where P3D becomes unresponsive for as long as 10-15 seconds. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Had similar problems as before so nothing really new as far as I can tell. Had a missed waypoint, loss of sound, empty log (so no real support possible)... If it works it's really great but I fail to see what's really new with the latest version. 1.8 worked just as well if not better.

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

Thank you in advance

Dmitriy

Go ahead and install it. Finally, after waiting for years, I could say it is the best ATC available.  

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I cannot see much improvements, if any at all. Regardless, it is still the best ATC program imo.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Works as expected so far. What I realized: the pronounciation of "decimal" does never fit the other numbers, it rather sounds if someone else is speaking this single word. That is a little bit irritating...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 5/29/2018 at 6:20 PM, J van E said:

Had similar problems as before so nothing really new as far as I can tell. Had a missed waypoint, loss of sound, empty log (so no real support possible)... If it works it's really great but I fail to see what's really new with the latest version. 1.8 worked just as well if not better.

Unfortunately for new users, like me, that started off with version 1.9.2.2, version 1.8 or 1.9 can not be obtained as far as I know. I am one of the users that ran into problems with clearance. It is under investigation, wisest thing for me to do is to revert to 1.9.2.2. 

I am sure the problems will be resolved, though.

Kind regards,
Hans van Wijhe

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 minutes ago, hvw said:

Unfortunately for new users, like me, that started off with version 1.9.2.2, version 1.8 or 1.9 can not be obtained as far as I know. I am one of the users that ran into problems with clearance. It is under investigation, wisest thing for me to do is to revert to 1.9.2.2. 

I am sure the problems will be resolved, though.

Kind regards,
Hans van Wijhe

Version 1919 will work OK, You can download it from the forum. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Works as expected so far. What I realized: the pronounciation of "decimal" does never fit the other numbers, it rather sounds if someone else is speaking this single word. That is a little bit irritating...

Pretty much all pre-recorded speech systems need to "glue" together different bits of recordings, albeit by the same person, in order to fit in the changeable parts in the middle -- in this case probably the two parts of a COM radio frequency. it would be well nigh impossible to have all possibilities pre-recorded complete.

The only answer to that is using synthesised voices, the method of Pilot2ATC and VoxATC. With the quality of synthesis improving all the time, there are plenty of excellent voices available, with all sorts of accents to suit locations and so on. But they are expensive.

I'm currently experimenting with Pilot2ATC, which I like very much. ProATC/X has been my main ATC for the several years since I abandoned Radar Contact. But I might switch to Pilot2ATC and have been gradually collecting (i.e. purchasing) voices. I've got 12 now, enough to carry on with. But at £25-35 a pop, it has been very expensive!

You pays yer money and takes yer choice! (As the saying goes).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Version 1919 will work OK, You can download it from the forum. 

Thanks a lot, Bob

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

But I might switch to Pilot2ATC and have been gradually collecting (i.e. purchasing) voices. I've got 12 now, enough to carry on with. But at £25-35 a pop, it has been very expensive!

Where do you get the additional voices?

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

The vocabulary has changed with this version. In previous versions numbers were pronounced differently or in various ways but now everyone is saying those numbers in the same way and saying 'decimal' has become the standard now. It seems (unfortunately) most existing voices don't have the word 'decimal' available so they all use that specific word from one voice set which does have it. Doesn't sound too good indeed.

It's a bit disappointing that the voices of ProATC seem to lag behind with the progress of the addon. A real PRO addon would have come with updated and complete voices.