Sign in to follow this  
Neume

FTX Global Blurries in the distance

Hi,

Getting straight to the point:

I get blurries in the distance with FTX Global, I can put my terrain settings to max and I still get these issues! I've tried adding TextureMaxLoad=9, TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.18 all to the CFG to no avail. Nothing works. I'll attach a picture:

NRbNpCX.jpg

At EGPF on parking 51, barely zoomed in. Only 4 or 6x.

EDIT: I need to add, I have not only reinstalled the sim countless times, but also windows about 2 or 3 times. This isn't an issue that just started randomly, it's happened ever since I got P3D.

My Specs:

i5 7500 @ 3.4GHz, GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB DDR4, Sim installed on secondary 1TB HDD.

Many thanks!

Luke.

Edited by Neume

When you zoom the terrain won't be as sharp as if it were a normal cockpit view.  Also try removing the FFTF tweak.  Without it in there it defaults to .33.  Anything lower might lead to blurries.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

39 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

When you zoom the terrain won't be as sharp as if it were a normal cockpit view.  Also try removing the FFTF tweak.  Without it in there it defaults to .33.  Anything lower might lead to blurries.

Thanks for the reply.

The issue still seems to occur without the FFTF tweak.

I only zoomed in to make the issue more visible in a screenshot, even when I am flying at regular zoom in VC, textures appear blurry abnormally close - even though they load perfectly right under me.

You may just be exceeding what your CPU/GPU can handle..

Try lowering settings, rather than "settings to the max"

Here is what I use (remove your tweaks first..)

World
LOD radius:  high
Tesselation factor: high
mesh resolution:  5m
texture resolution:  1m
high resolution terrain: on

Scenery complexity: extremely dense
autogen draw distance:  medium
autogen vegetation density: normal
autogen building density: dense
Dynamic vegetation: unticked

Bert

17 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You may just be exceeding what your CPU/GPU can handle..

Try lowering settings, rather than "settings to the max"

Here is what I use (remove your tweaks first..)

World
LOD radius:  high
Tesselation factor: high
mesh resolution:  5m
texture resolution:  1m
high resolution terrain: on

Scenery complexity: extremely dense
autogen draw distance:  medium
autogen vegetation density: normal
autogen building density: dense
Dynamic vegetation: unticked

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, these settings did not work for me. This whole "blurriness" issue might just be me comparing my sim too much to others, without realising the problem really isn't too bad.

Luke.

According to my experience, most blurries are related to the CPU load. A wrong affinity mask (or core setting via some external program) can lead to blurries as does Hyperthreading on/off

I don't use any Affinity mask at all in Prepar3d4 despite I have HT on in the BIOS (contrary to fomer versions), and I tried several ones. Besides, I found running the prepar3d.exe with process priority high does help against blurries. You can try this in the task manager, and if it works you can use a batch file to start prepar3d always using priority high (just google). Or SimStarter allows this in the settings.

This is on my system - yours may vary.

And as others stated, a too low FFTF setting can indeed lead to blurries as well.

However, there are cases - like flying very fast very low over difficult terrain - where some blurries just can't be avoided.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

"...Or SimStarter allows this in the settings."

Hello, Michael.  I have SimStarter NG, but couldn't fine where to do this after searching for several minutes.  Could you please elaborate?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

26 minutes ago, StewartH said:

"...Or SimStarter allows this in the settings."

Hello, Michael.  I have SimStarter NG, but couldn't fine where to do this after searching for several minutes.  Could you please elaborate?

On the main page MainConfig Sets | Run Config Set. Selet the Config Set you want to modify (if nothing else it's Basic). Next, select the three dots to the right which opens the ConfigSet for editing. You should (at least) have an entry for Prepar3d. Douple-click it. Now you can modify core selection as well as Priority.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

12 minutes ago, pmb said:

On the main page MainConfig Sets | Run Config Set. Selet the Config Set you want to modify (if nothing else it's Basic). Next, select the three dots to the right which opens the ConfigSet for editing. You should (at least) have an entry for Prepar3d. Douple-click it. Now you can modify core selection as well as Priority.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks, Michael!  I would not have found this without your help!  May I also ask, which core do you assign P3D to, all or just one.  I also have HT enabled, but no affinity mask, like yourself.  And dealing with a WX program (AS16 for example), what does one do with that?

Stew

Edited by StewartH

Stew

17 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Thanks, Michael!  I would not have found this without your help!  May I also ask, which core do you assign P3D to, all or just one.  I also have HT enabled, but no affinity mask, like yourself.  And dealing with a WX program (AS16 for example), what does one do with that?

Stew

I have all Prepar3d4.2 cores active at present. Based on my observation, that core 1 (only) usually is at low usage, I had it disabled for some time, but finally enabled it again. I think simulator display is a bit more clearer (notably the roads), but the difference is marginal.

I don't have plenty of accompanying programs running on the flightsim machine. ActiveSky, Skyforce (if I use them), FS-FlightControl, SPAD.neXt are all running on a networked laptop. For traffic I either use PSXSeecontraffic+Real Traffic, as well networked, or UTLive. If using UTLIve (which I enable/disable as well using two different Add-OnConfig Sets in SimStarter) I have this running on core 1 alone (that's the one underused by Prepar3d), which it seems to be contend with 🙂

When running PSXSeecontraffic this should have high priority as well, according to Nico (which means on the networked laptop in my case). If not, AI traffic tends to to be a bit jittery and, even worse, the simulator itself shows erratic micro-stutters now and then, even when running entworked. When strating it with high priority these are gone. I could confirm this using FPS diagrams.

But that's of course my machine, thus alwas to be taken with a grain of salt.

Kind regards, Michael

19 minutes ago, pmb said:

I have all Prepar3d4.2 cores active at present. Based on my observation, that core 1 (only) usually is at low usage, I had it disabled for some time, but finally enabled it again. I think simulator display is a bit more clearer (notably the roads), but the difference is marginal.

I don't have plenty of accompanying programs running on the flightsim machine. ActiveSky, Skyforce (if I use them), FS-FlightControl, SPAD.neXt are all running on a networked laptop. For traffic I either use PSXSeecontraffic+Real Traffic, as well networked, or UTLive. If using UTLIve (which I enable/disable as well using two different Add-OnConfig Sets in SimStarter) I have this running on core 1 alone (that's the one underused by Prepar3d), which it seems to be contend with 🙂

When running PSXSeecontraffic this should have high priority as well, according to Nico (which means on the networked laptop in my case). If not, AI traffic tends to to be a bit jittery and, even worse, the simulator itself shows erratic micro-stutters now and then, even when running entworked. When strating it with high priority these are gone. I could confirm this using FPS diagrams.

But that's of course my machine, thus alwas to be taken with a grain of salt.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks again your insights, Michael.  I don't have a laptop to network to my flightsim machine, but will see how UTLive will work on Core 1 alone.  At the moment, of course, it runs automatically when P3D runs because it's enabled in the addon.xml section.  As for Active Sky, I will stick with letting it run on all cores, as it has all along since I've been running P3D.  I'm not running v4.2 because of that well-known ATC bug, and I don't feel like jumping through hoops trying to get it to work! Ha!  V4.1 runs fine in the meantime.

Stew

Stew