Sign in to follow this  
Caleb Aaron

FSX CRASH UNEXPECTLY in random moment, without any error message or warning.

I have a problem similar to this, i can boot up fsx (steam edition) with no problem, i can create a flight plan and everything on the loading menu works fine. but as soon as the sim actually loads it runs for about 3-5 seconds and the the screen freezes. the sound still works just fine, and then with no error messages or anything, the screen goes black and it crashes to my desktop. please help!! I tried un-installing everything (aircrafts, scenery, and even the game itself) I have tried using both available dll files. I renamed my CFG file and still nothing. help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Caleb,  I have split your post off from the 2014 topic even though it is similar in nature.  Have you checked you computer's events log for any errors associated with FSX?  Welcome to the AVSIM forums.

Also check through the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

45 minutes ago, Caleb Aaron said:

I have tried using both available dll files.

I am not sure what you mean by this.  The dll.xml and exe.xml?  If the sim started up to the setup screen, then the problem is likely not with a module in the dll.xml or exe.xml.

You have covered all bases and every fix known to mankind by stating you have reinstalled FSX-SE, scenery, and aircraft.  You then renamed the fsx.cfg and restarted the sim (if you uninstalled and reinstalled FSX, what was the need to do all of that???).  There are no other solutions other than what you did.  The only thing you did not do is reformat your HDD and reinstall Windows, then fsx-se, then any addons.  I ended up doing that several years ago a couple of times until I found out that just renaming the FSX.cfg would have fixed my problem or just renaming the dll.xml to dll.xml.off would have fixed any issues I was having with a module.  So I spent hours reformatting my hard drive and then reinstalling everything for nothing.  But once, reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows did not fix my problem as I was getting NTDLL/StackHash errors and, when I reinstalled everything, the errors continued.  Then I remembered I had overclocked my computer and lowered it a couple of notches or returned it to the optimal defaults, and the errors went away.

So, what you are asking is impossible to give you any suggestions as you have already done everything possible.  There are no other solutions.  The AVSIM CTD Guide does have a section on black screens and freezes and then a crash to desktop but you have already tried those recommendations.  No reason to check there.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10