Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

To Purchase?

Looking to add another aircraft and it's between the Maddog and the QW787. I'm aware they are opposite ends of the technology spectrum but that's fine as I enjoy both. The Maddog has been out for awhile with a few patches/fixes and I am interested in how everything is working. As I can't get access to the official Maddog forum till a purchase is made that source of info is not available. Any thoughts/input would be really appreciated.

Dave

Maddog is a beautiful sixties oldies, based on radios navigation. (As B707, B727, DC8, etc...) this kind of aircrafts are mostly flying by the pilot with the help of human motor-technician and navigator assistance.

B787 is the least style of glass cockpit, with full automated computing assistance for pilots based on gps. The most important part for pilot here is to be a good programmer before the flight (not easy in reality). Push buttons style said without offences.

No comparison is possible, mine response is flying the two ;-), is different kinds of pleasures. 

Mark

Thanks Mark. With the updates since initial release have most of the issues (whatever they might have been) been dealt with? I guess what I’m trying to say is this about as close to the RW aircraft as can be in p3dv4? Faults modelled, fms functionality etc?..... I really like a well modelled aircraft. I retired a couple years ago after flying for 40 years and I enjoy the fun and challenge of something new. Thanks,

32 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Maddog is a beautiful sixties oldies, based on radios navigation. (As B707, B727, DC8, etc...) this kind of aircrafts are mostly flying by the pilot with the help of human motor-technician and navigator assistance.

Ermmm, you`re not talking about FlytheMaddog, aren`t you. Just to throw some abbreviations at you DFGS, FD, CADC, EFIS, AHRS, FMS :-)

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Yep.....Fly the Maddog. Looks to be a very good replication of the rw equivalent. Wish I could get access to the official Maddog forum for an hour but one has to buy first.

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Yep.....Fly the Maddog. Looks to be a very good replication of the rw equivalent. Wish I could get access to the official Maddog forum for an hour but one has to buy first.

He's referring to MS2 not you.  MS2 was stating the -80 was a 60s aircraft that utilizes antiquated navigation equipment and its not.  Its an 80s bird.  But I have a feeling you know all this and you are referring to whether or not which product is the most immersive and/or quality addon.  The MDx will without a doubt be an addon that worth the purchase price.  Failures are simulated and can be random, you can even maintenance differ items for added variety.  Davide is a very active developer and takes input and is quick with putting out patches to further immerse his customers.  Someone awhile back claimed he released a beta product and it can't really be further from the truth.  He's just adding on what the community wants to see.  The simulation is stellar.  I have the QW 787 and haven't actually had time to sit down and play with it, lots of nifty features, but its not on par with the MDx.  It is also a worthwhile product however I think.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Why choose?  Buy both! They are both outstanding aircraft.  I wouldn't give up either one.

2 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

He's referring to MS2 not you.  MS2 was stating the -80 was a 60s aircraft that utilizes antiquated navigation equipment and its not.  Its an 80s bird.  But I have a feeling you know all this and you are referring to whether or not which product is the most immersive and/or quality addon.  The MDx will without a doubt be an addon that worth the purchase price.  Failures are simulated and can be random, you can even maintenance differ items for added variety.  Davide is a very active developer and takes input and is quick with putting out patches to further immerse his customers.  Someone awhile back claimed he released a beta product and it can't really be further from the truth.  He's just adding on what the community wants to see.  The simulation is stellar.  I have the QW 787 and haven't actually had time to sit down and play with it, lots of nifty features, but its not on par with the MDx.  It is also a worthwhile product however I think.

Thanks for the info. Most appreciated. I will probably end up getting both but i may start with the Maddog. I’d like to get my hands on a qrh etc.

Did buy the maddog X. Great aircraft. If anyone knows where to find a qrh or has one they'd like to part with please drop a note. Thanks.