Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Captainsim 757 or QW 787

Hello all, would like to add another Boeing to my collection in P3D v4 and was wondering, for those who have both, which is the more complete at this point? They are pretty much the same price and would prefer the one that is the closest to a finished product. The CS team will be releasing v1.1 soon and I assume QW will (hopefully) be releasing service packs but, just wondering which is preferable? Not looking for which has nicer visuals so much as doing what they're supposed to do.

THANKS!

Mario Di Lauro

QW787.

Edited by ZLA Steve

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I have both. I like both. If forced to make a preference I'd pick the 787 as it has a few extra features that I like. Other than that, both work quite well on my system.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

These are 2 complete different aircraft ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Despite it's bugs and performance issues, I still 100% would recommend the QW 787. 

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

These are 2 complete different aircraft ...

That is not the point. The point is - they are two software packages and as such, I wanted to get a feel of which of the software is closet to being finished.

Mario Di Lauro

I believe 1.1 patch is on final approach from CS.  If it does all its promised...tough call.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Preferring actually the QW787 because have a most modern cockpit... Is the future of Boeing aircrafts.

I enjoy both.  There are a lot of Captain Sim bashers. It works much better then the QW 757 with more capability.  It is not a PMDG level sim.  The QW 787 is very good also.  Really comes down to how far you will fly.  787 has more capability in distance then the 757.

Yes, apples and oranges...

I myself bought the  QW 787 when it was first available and have not been disappointed in both the rendering, and the flight dynamics.  Of course, I don't have CaptSim 757 to compare it to.  (I'm just not that nostalgic for an aircraft that was used to whack the WTC:  I lived right across the street at the time). 

Plus, I believe that the 757 is no longer being manufactured, and those airlines that still fly them are either shedding them, or selling them off  to cargo operators(?).  As said above, the B787 is the future of air travel:  Carry more passengers while using less fuel/much more efficient engines.

Both aircraft sims are great.  Why do you want one or the other?  Get both.

Depends on what kind of simmer you are.

I am the "I fly real world schedules" guy. So a 757 is not something worth getting because next to no carrier uses them anymore where I usually fly.

I have both and my current preference is the 787 as it is current and has some nice details lacking in all other a/c.  It will get the fixes it needs in the near future.  The CS 757 works quite well without an update and should be better when an sp comes out.  Again, it depends on your wants.  

7 hours ago, tamsini said:

That is not the point. The point is - they are two software packages and as such, I wanted to get a feel of which of the software is closet to being finished.

Apples and oranges! 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Thanks, everyone for your opinions - even those who seem to like fruit.

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro