Sign in to follow this  
Mike Hawkeye Hawkins

Fuel Burns Way Too Quickly

I just started using this plane, and I am experiencing a maddening issue with fuel.

Seems that no matter how much fuel I put in this plane, which I am all doing through the FMC, I either run out of fuel before takeoff, or shortly after.

I CANNOT complete even a very small flight without running out of fuel. I can't even make it down the runway in most circumstances.

I assume I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what.

Edited by Mike Hawkeye Hawkins

Couple of questions:

• What flightplanner do you use?
  • What flightplan?
  • Weather addon? 
  • Do you get any INSUFFICIENT FUEL announcement / warning on the FMC when setting up the flight, before take-off?
  • After finished setting up the flightplan and FMC (and aircraft) before push-back and taxi, how much fuel does the FMC tell you it has left upon arrival?

A side note: What was wrong with your already created topic ??

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I didn't realize it was through the same forum until you pointed it out. I actually went into  PMDG's website to ask them this question, and it pointed me to this. Sorry 'bout that.

To answer the other questions  you asked, here goes.

Before I answer, though, I feel it only fair to point out that I just completed a flight without having this issue....but just in case it rears its ugly head again, I'll continue. (Not sure what I "did" to fix the issue)

I use simbrief as my flight planner
I used the flightplan simbrief gave me, circa AIRAC 1806
No weather addons
The warning light in the plane would come on for fuel. No bells and whistles, though, and nothing on the FMC
Depending on how I had it set up, I would have about 35 to 45% fuel.

Check your realism options... automixture off, unlimited fuel off

if FSUIPC, check if it‘s solved when you temporarily remove the fsuipc.dll from the modules folder.

• Upvote 1

I've experienced this when I accidently loaded a PMDG aircraft on top of another complex addon.

Make sure you're not doing that as this can cause all kinds of weird problems.

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to say I figured the issue out. I'll explain.

Sometimes, and I'm sure others have experienced this, when FSX loads the plane, it is loaded at like 10 times the gas that the plane can actually hold, which causes the plane to bounce when it loads. I would "fix" this by immediately slewing the plane to arrest the bounce, and then go into the FMC and load it at "2/3" or "1/3" full. Two things were happening at that point. One, it really wasn't loading at 1/3 capacity. It was actually more like 10%, and it was also causing the center fuel pumps to show a failure, so I wasn't getting really good flow at all, causing the problems I had told you all about.

When I ensured that the tanks were filled to proper capacity, which sometimes takes a reboot of FSX, and loading another plane first, that issue stopped happening.

If you guys know how to mark this as solved, please do so! Thanks for all the input!

1 hour ago, Mike Hawkeye Hawkins said:

Sometimes, and I'm sure others have experienced this, when FSX loads the plane, it is loaded at like 10 times the gas that the plane can actually hold, which causes the plane to bounce when it loads. I would "fix" this by immediately slewing the plane to arrest the bounce, and then go into the FMC and load it at "2/3" or "1/3" full. Two things were happening at that point. One, it really wasn't loading at 1/3 capacity. It was actually more like 10%, and it was also causing the center fuel pumps to show a failure, so I wasn't getting really good flow at all, causing the problems I had told you all about.

When I ensured that the tanks were filled to proper capacity, which sometimes takes a reboot of FSX, and loading another plane first, that issue stopped happening.

If you guys know how to mark this as solved, please do so! Thanks for all the input!

Weird. I've never experienced the fuel issue, you're describing (that the 737 holds excessive fuel upon load). And I've used the PMDG 737NGX pretty extensively - both in FSX, FSX:SE and P3D v3 through v4. What default panel state are you loading in the FMC? Are you loading another complex aircraft before loading the PMDG?

Sounds like something's weird in your setup, and the fuel is dictated somewhere else, than the fuel the plane wants to load or there's a conflict between some fuel-loading software and the PMDG NGX. I don't know, I'm just speculating here...

Anyway - glad you got it working.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 hours ago, Mike Hawkeye Hawkins said:

This will happen only if you have a startup state with a payware addon or if you switching between liveries.

the proper way to load is to have the select flight screen with the default trike showing upon loading fsx. From there either you load a flight or select the plane you want and select fly. 

Edited by Olympic260
  • Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com