Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

11:21...European law...blah, blah..

I updated to 11:21, and now, every time I shut down...there is this box with text...that flashes off, so fast that I can't even read it...but I think..it says something about European Law....

Does anybody know what this closing box of text is?!?!?!?

yes 11.21r2 has that Euro Law which actually shouldn't be applicable to India, though i do not seem to have that flashing when i shut XP.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Probably something related to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), more info here:

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/priorities/justice-and-fundamental-rights/data-protection/2018-reform-eu-data-protection-rules_en

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

From what I've read vendors have chosen to make a blanket statement, rather than trying to carve out countries to which the new law does not apply. I'm in the US but still have gotten many emails from vendors complying with the new law.  As a practical matter, it is now a worldwide rule, rather than just the EU.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Confirmed, is related with GDPR.

"X-Plane 11.21 is a bug-fix patch and minor update to X-Plane 11.20. This update adds GDPR compliance, and fixes some crashes & broken plugins when using UI scaling. "

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-21-release-notes/

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

yes 11.21r2 has that Euro Law which actually shouldn't be applicable to India, though i do not seem to have that flashing when i shut XP.

It isn't actually flashing...it just appears and disappears so fast, you can't even read it...in fact, it was almost subliminal that I could catch European law...and so on at all!!!  I have never seen this before, ever. It happens only when I end my XP session and wish to drop to the desktop. It is the last thing that XP posts to the screen, but like I said...useless to try to read anything the text box message contains.

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

Confirmed, is related with GDPR.

"X-Plane 11.21 is a bug-fix patch and minor update to X-Plane 11.20. This update adds GDPR compliance, and fixes some crashes & broken plugins when using UI scaling. "

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-21-release-notes/

Thanks...but does it stay up on the screen on yours, to actually read what the text box has in it?!?!?

2 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

From what I've read vendors have chosen to make a blanket statement, rather than trying to carve out countries to which the new law does not apply. I'm in the US but still have gotten many emails from vendors complying with the new law.  As a practical matter, it is now a worldwide rule, rather than just the EU.

Me too...over the past two weeks...it seems everybody, even North American services and providers are sending their own privacy compliance and 'this is what we collect through cookies' statements.

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Thanks...but does it stay up on the screen on yours, to actually read what the text box has in it?!?!?

I updated yesterday but i didnt fired XP, going to check later and report back, i have XP on steam, dont know if you have also and if the behaviour is the same, and i live in Europe also, again dont know if im going to see the same as you. But i will check.

Marques

@Sesquashtoo

Mitch, don't see that text on exiting XP. 

20 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

@Sesquashtoo

Mitch, don't see that text on exiting XP. 

Interesting!  It is a rectangular box that as soon as I start to drop to the Desktop...you quickly see it...and if you even blink...it vanishes. I think that it is part of the new coding...that perhaps must be 'legally' displayed, but that Laminar, really doesn't want you to 'read' or to dwell upon. If so...they would have coded a required enough amount of time, for a delay, before it self-cancels...and you have a clean desktop.  The next time you are about to drop out of XP....be ready, and really focus on the mid section of your monitor screen. You 'might' catch it then...and the first two words I could gather, was; European Law...and then blah, blah text...but I could not read glance fast enough to get past to the smaller font of the text body. If anybody...can get a screen shot of what this actually is....that would be interesting.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

@Sesquashtoo

Mitch , when you updated to 11.21r2 did it popup with the EURO LAW box ?

Sure will test it later tonight if it does show that text 

On my installation of 10.21r1, it came up for clicking that I understood... which I didn't, but checked anyway.  Nothing since then.

John

John Wingold