Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde's famous delta swirl

This shot shows the famous delta swirl when Concorde lands. Only on one wing strangely. FSLabs Concorde-X landing at Houston KIAH, Rwy 15R.

Sim is P3D v3.4, FSDreamTeam Houston with FTX Global, Ultimate Terrain USA and AS16 with ASCA.

Concorde_Swirl.png?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Great shot Ray.

Looking for some news about 'new Concorde' 🙂

Thanks Artur. I only became aware this was modelled a few days ago. I set Autoland so I could grab this image as she lands.

There will be a 64-bit version. Timing unknown but hopefully this year.

The landing speed was 160kts, quite a bit faster than a 747. :wink:

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/30/2018 at 11:18 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

The landing speed was 160kts, quite a bit faster than a 747. :wink:

Wow! What's the take-off speed for a typical flight?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Wow! What's the take-off speed for a typical flight?

For short flights - say Manchester down to Heathrow - it was quite slow. Around 139kts. But for the New York run from Heathrow Vr was 190kts and by the time the gear left the ground you're probably looking at 220kts. Remember, Concorde had no flaps so it was sheer speed that got her airborne. Hence the reheats.

The aircraft had to be pitched up quite a bit to keep below 250kts until reheats were cancelled after around 1m 20s. Then pitch down to maintain 250kts until ATC gave you "no speed restriction". Usually before CPT was reached on the SID.

Fun eh? :biggrin:

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For short flights - say Manchester down to Heathrow - it was quite slow. Around 139kts. But for the New York run from Heathrow Vr was 190kts and by the time the gear left the ground you're probably looking at 220kts. Remember, Concorde had no flaps so it was sheer speed that got her airborne. Hence the reheats.

The aircraft had to be pitched up quite a bit to keep below 250kts until reheats were cancelled after around 1m 20s. Then pitch down to maintain 250kts until ATC gave you "no speed restriction". Usually before CPT was reached on the SID.

Fun eh? :biggrin:

Interesting. Thanks for the insight, Ray.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471