Well the rumour is that intel are to release an I7 8086K 4ghz base to 5hghz OC. 

In fact its on tomshardware about the new chip boost upto 5ghz.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

So according to the list, I should get the i7-8700K. Oh, wait. I already have it, so I guess I'm good.

Same.  Its great to be on the top of the list.....too bad its such a short period of glory before the inevitable slide down the list until the next upgrade.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

So what is my i7 7700 4.2 ghz?  Horse an Buggy?  Model T?  49 Studebaker?  52 Henry J?  My!  The Jones are tough to keep up with!

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Speculation is that's its a 8700k binned, have they replaced the paste😁 and welded the heat spreader, will be interesting to see what debar gets this up to. 

Intel are touting it as the first 5ghz CPU, we know other CPUs can do this but that's clocking past the specs.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 hours ago, MarkW said:

Same.  Its great to be on the top of the list.....too bad its such a short period of glory before the inevitable slide down the list until the next upgrade.

I just bought the computer from Jetline Systems last March, and that processor was the only option they gave me, so it's certainly not getting replaced anytime soon.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

A shame that there is no direct comparison with slightly older CPUs (like my i5 4690k). It's all very well comparing the latest batch of CPUs, but most people are interested in how much more powerful these CPUs are when compared to their existing systems.

Having said that, it is nice to see that the i5 8600k is so close to the top mark that the $100 price difference becomes significant.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No need to get the wallet out here. My old 4790K (4.7Ghz) still runs FSX/P3D as well as anything on that list..........Doug

Edited by W2DR
edditted becuase i kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

23 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

A shame that there is no direct comparison with slightly older CPUs (like my i5 4690k). It's all very well comparing the latest batch of CPUs, but most people are interested in how much more powerful these CPUs are when compared to their existing systems.

Although it doesn't actually include your CPU, there's an interesting comparrison here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i7_8700k_processor_review,7.html. They have a good cross section of the latest CPUs with some popular older models. The single thread chart is with the processors running at stock speed. The IPC/Single Thread chart is with all processors running at the same clock speed so gives a better idea of comparative processing power.

The problem with the Tom's Hardware article is that, as they admit in the "How We Tested" paragraph, they've guessed at how some of the newer CPUs might perform. To make things worse, they say in the previous paragraph that some chips perform unexpectedly better than others so it's hardly an accurate comparrison. At least with the Guru3D article the results are all based on actual tests.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Iam not intrested in the 6core binned one, have a nice 5.3 binned  8700k

more intrested in the 8core 9700k or what the name gone bee, answer at computec ?

Edited by westman

On 5/31/2018 at 10:22 AM, rjfry said:

Speculation is that's its a 8700k binned, have they replaced the paste😁 and welded the heat spreader, will be interesting to see what debar gets this up to. 

Intel are touting it as the first 5ghz CPU, we know other CPUs can do this but that's clocking past the specs.

Nope, according to OCUK here in the UK it's still TIM. 

You wanna compare to my 8600K:

My cinebench: 1330/226

3dmarko6: 50786

realbench: 170,000+

aida64: read 61MB+ / write 62MB+ / copy 53MB+ / latency under 40ns

cpuid: 605/3300+

If anyone wants a FPS P3Dv4 scene capture let me know.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:53 AM, Christopher Low said:

Having said that, it is nice to see that the i5 8600k is so close to the top mark that the $100 price difference becomes significant.

I'll give you this, as I upgraded from a similar cpu: I went from 10 hours a week in the cockpit to at least 20 hours a week -probably more, as my wife and daughter are actually complaining now that I spend too much time on the puter. Yeah, and I'm still using the same scenery with pretty much the same settings as was used with the Haswell.