Sign in to follow this  
Jammerjonn

Best AI Traffic Add-On

I'm using FSXSE and was using UT2. I read all the hype about UTLive so I bought it.  I installed it as the manual says and....and....no AI. A lot of users are complaining. I had more with UT2. I got on the support page and was told don't expect much??? Really?? So I'm looking for a new AI program or go back to UT2. Just wondering what everyone else is using. Has anyone tried Traffic Global yet?  https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

5 hours ago, Jammerjonn said:

I installed it as the manual says and....and....no AI.

None at all?

I had more with UT2.

Provided you had none at all as you said, then I don’t doubt that you had more with UT2.

A lot of users are complaining. I had more with UT2. I got on the support page and was told don't expect much??? Really?? 

I’m not sure a lot of users are complaining because it gets a lot of positive feedback in the P3D forum.

If you have no traffic at all then something is clearly wrong with the install or setup. You should have a similar amount with UT Live as you have with UT2. 

I’d check the settings again and make sure all traffic is turned on. Surely they didn’t say not to expect much as you should have a similar amount of traffic as you had with UT2.

As far as that other program, I’d probably go back to UT2 before trying it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've been using UT Live since it was released and have had no problems at all with it. Did you do a full uninstall of UT? I wonder if there's some conflicting files??? I definitely encourage you to persevere because if you can get the issue sorted out, I think you will be very happy with the program. I certainly am - it's done wonders for my sim experience as you can have extremely dense AI with little to no visible effect on performance

Good luck with it

Ian

Thanks for the help, I will try reinstall. Here's an answer I got back, however he is with sales not support:

There will not be an substantial increase of traffic over UT2.  All depends on the airline activities between the two data sets of UT2 and UTLive if you see increases or decreases in traffic. 

Keep the Blue Side UP!

Jeff Smith --x-O-x--
Flight One Software
Sales Support

You shouldn't be expecting to see more traffic than with UT2 in all honesty, a full schedule is a full schedule. UTL and UT2 offer the same thing really except UTL installs cleanly into all versions of P3d, has MANY bug fixes that weren't in UT2, uses newer flightplan data and has some newer FSP payware models. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I had to re install simmconnect but still not a lot of ai moving around just at all the gates.

I have been using WOAI since its inception.  It really wasn't hard to setup and I even use it with my P3Dv4 platform (granted, I have to do some conversions for 64bit).   I seem to plenty of AI everywhere.  I guess it's because I installed all the packages I could get my hands on.  Also depends on AFCADs so custom ones may provide more parking spaces.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

On 7/27/2019 at 8:13 PM, Jammerjonn said:

I had to re install simmconnect but still not a lot of ai moving around just at all the gates.

IMHO The absolute best AI package at this time is Alpha-India Group's stuff.  The only downside for FSX users is that it needs to be manually installed. 

Their AI-Manager makes it easier and the Manual Install Tutorial helps, but it still involves a considerable amount of time.

After looking at the results I consider the time worth it.

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I use UTLive for my FSX setup and have a ton of traffic and it looks like just as much as in my P3Dv4 setup.  You might be having issues as you have FSX-SE and not the boxed version. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I know this is old and no longer supported, but I'm still using Ultimate Traffic 2.  Probably the best thing about Ultimate Traffic is that airliners follow actual routes, not just going directly from departure to destination airports. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

6 hours ago, Sagoland said:

My Traffic 6. Covers more than any other AI traffic addon.

It might provide lots of traffic but the flights, models and liveries were horrible. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks to you all for your inputs. I used to use UT2 but I was mistaken-as well as a lot of others, by the UTLive title. Yes every gate is full of AI but little movement even though ATC talks a lot. I like to start and end at the gate so I leave it running for at least 15 mins but very little changes. Hopefully UTLive will have an upgrade that will increase AI moving traffic with a slider bar or something which will let you have as much or as little AI moving around. Just incase I install simmconnect before I open FSXSE. That was "the fix" I was told by UTLive to do after verifing my other setting were correct such as "frame rate 0" and at least 350 AI traffic. I have commerical set to 100% and general at 25% and I added about 12 different types of repaints that are most common aircraft.

Ok with the help of some other blogs I found out what's happening. FSXSE keeps reinstalling it's simconnect file and I was told after opening FSXSE to install simconnect sp1. UTLive seems to work now like it should....for now 🙂