Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

First impressions

First observations..

- This can be a really nice airplane, it handles well and looks great!

- As before, the Airplane= in the F1GTN.ini file is set incorrectly, should be =4.

- The pitch wheel is animated backwards..

- Also, the brakes lock up when applied

- The autopilot does not appear to have an FD mode.. that does not seem right..
  The AP and FD come on/off together with the Z key, but I cannot engage FD by itself..

Bert

Hello Bert, the trim wheel appears to move correctly for me.

Up trim= pulling the trim wheel down from the top and that is the animation I'm seeing.

I'm using the RXP GTN 750 and after engaging the FI GTN exe file then using the RXP interface, all appears to look and operate normally.

I am still experimenting with the AP and it does interface well with the GTN nav.

I did not see a dedicated flight director switch, it does appear that it engages when using the NAV function on the autopilot.

The sound file is outstanding.

The prop synchrophaser works!

I am looking at fuel flows and power setting at various altitudes and weights but she appears to be close from what I know about the aircraft and how it's operated.

These are great engines in the right hands but finicky and rarely make TBO if not carefully operated.

One engine out is fun- beware the critical engine.

Will report more as I test further but so far I'm really enjoying this beauty!

• Like 1

The autopilot appears to be a Cessna 800B unit  (even though it says 8008 in the panel..).

I would love to have access to a factory manual.. does anyone have a copy??

I can fly with it, but there are some strange things going on.. hard to tell what is correct and what not without the manual.  Yes, FD can be turned on by clicking HDG or NAV, or ALT for that matter..

GS lights up for me without a GS signal.. and when I mouse over the pitch wheel, it operates correctly, but the animation is opposite to the direction I am moving it..

Bert

The autopilot in the C337 looks like it might be same unit (without the altitude preselector)..

In the C337 it operates more like I might expect the real unit to operate..

Bert

Thanks Bert.  I thought about buying but got scolded for buying the QW 787 already lol!

Maybe in a few months 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I really like the aircraft!. Hand flies very well. I have not gotten into the AP yet.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Perhaps one of my brain slowdowns, but is there radar in this A/C ?

46 minutes ago, FLNG said:

Perhaps one of my brain slowdowns, but is there radar in this A/C ?

Yes, she's equipped with the 3M WX11 Stormscope!

wx7cs19.jpg

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The autopilot appears to be a Cessna 800B unit  (even though it says 8008 in the panel..).

I would love to have access to a factory manual.. does anyone have a copy??

Got some help on the forum with a few pages from the original manual, and have sent Carenado/Alabeo some suggestions which I hope will find their way into a patch.. stay tuned..

Bert

Very glad to see Bert is already thinking about how to tweak this bird! I have been waiting for this plane for a while. I sorely miss my old Flight1 421, so this is a treat!

I wonder how long it will take Whamil to start tinkering with this one too..... 🙂

Please keep posting all your impressions. I have to wait until I get off work to buy and fly, but I'm watching this forum like a hawk! 🙂

I can confirm that the trim wheel animation works backwards but only if you use the mouse to operate it.

I use the trim switches on my yoke and the trim wheel animates properly.

Aircraft performance tables are in the aircraft folder for your reference. Cessna  400 and 800 series autopilo documentation is hard to come by.

I did write Alabeo asking for an upgraded HSI to the Aspen unit Carenado uses as I'd like to see these GA developers give us more avionics options so we could outfit our aircraft to our liking. 

The autopilot will fly a coupled approach perfectly. 

ap1fts7q.jpg

ap25zsuq.jpg

ap3kms54.jpg

5 minutes ago, skully said:

I can confirm that the trim wheel animation works backwards but only if you use the mouse to operate it.

I use the trim switches on my yoke and the trim wheel animates properly.

Aircraft performance tables are in the aircraft folder for your reference. Cessna  400 and 800 series autopilot documentation is hard to come by.

I was actually referring to the pitch control wheel on the 800B autopilot..

(The trim wheel I also control with a rocker switch on my yoke..)

And.. I splurged and purchased the 800B Owners Manual on line ($10),

so I am fully equipped  :cool:

Agree the autopilot flies an LPV approach flawlessly.. very nice.. 

Altogether, wonderful airplane!

• Like 2

Bert

12 minutes ago, rightseat said:

I sorely miss my old Flight1 421, so this is a treat!

Yup, I feel the same way  :tongue:

• Like 1

Bert

The Golden Eagle is putting down some pretty accurate numbers compared to the performance tables provided with the aircraft.

We're at 20,000 feet here, 2100 lbs under gross weight (5400 lbs) running 237 kts true on 223 lbs per hour.

MP 31"

1800 rpm

Book numbers for this altitude and engine settings are at 226 kts true (not sure of aircraft weight book uses) at 232 lbs per hour.

Not bad at all!

c7sduaf.jpg

Surprised they didn't add G500/600 integration for this bird

I don't have that either but this would be an acft that would have that sort of panel upgrade 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |