Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

First impressions

8 hours ago, J35OE said:

So, what does far from perfect mean in this case, since e.g. their PA44 turned out very nice and AFAIR is without any (serious) bugs?

Most of the issues have been well documented here already so I won't try to catalogue them all. I think it is a matter of how much importance you place on things like, for example, proper function of the Shadin, function of the overhead lights tied to the panel lights, and the incorrect function and essentially useless Stormscope. There are others but all are pretty much a similar level of issues.

I find the Alabeo offering quite satisfying and very enjoyable. Based on my experience the FDE and basic operations are reasonably accurate. I am learning a great deal about flying the 421. And, I suppose that's arguably the most important aspect of a simulation. At any rate my post was really only meant to respond to Scott's queries. I am confident he understands my meaning,

Not sure how this relates to the PA44 and I don't own that model so I couldn't comment on that point.

Perhaps it may have been more accurate if I said "While not perfect it is very enjoyable and a worthwhile simulation".

Hope this helps,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

6 minutes ago, JesC said:

1. I think it is a matter of how much importance you place on things like, for example, proper function of the Shadin, function of the overhead lights tied to the panel lights, and the incorrect function and essentially useless Stormscope. 

2. Based on my experience the FDE and basic operations are reasonably accurate. I am learning a great deal about flying the 421. And, I suppose that's arguably the most important aspect of a simulation.

1. Ah, ok. I never fly at night since I haven't come across a sim which has a convincing night scenery/lighting (and I don't want to sit in a pitch black living room). Don't like flying at night IRL either and I could write a lot about useless WX radars IRL.;)

2. The most important item for me and that's where the major changes are in 1.3 🙂

• Like 1

In the new V1.3, I have noticed the fuel flow is way off. About half what it should be?

So I went rooting around and saw that the" fuel_flow_scalar= " is set at 0.45 in the new aircraft cfg. It was previously at 0.90 and reverting to that setting seems to give a more normal flow.

Anyone know if that is a valid change or if I might be messing up something else? I'm really pretty word not allowed about such things so help would be very appreciated.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Good observation. Should be definitely 0.9! 

edit: just tested and at 10000ft and 20000ft (32.5/1900) with 0.9, fuel flow is within 1-2% of AFM values.

Edited by J35OE
  • Like 1

It's not yet officially out, but as far as I can tell, the FDE, the FD and the gear warning.

Version 1.3 is there on Carenado's site.  Not yet filtered through to PC Aviator.  I had a dozen back and forths with them to catch up the Carenado C337 to P3Dv4 recently. 

Friends,

Pardon me for interrupting the thread; but I will be brief. My above post was filtered for a "word not allowed". I have no idea how that could have happened. I simply do not use any sort of objectionable language. The edit is embarrassing to me.  I try to be polite and respectful to all. I don't remember the exact word I used but just want anyone reading to know that my meaning was "clueless". Now if that gets filtered then I truly am clueless.

Thanks for your patience. And "back to your regularly scheduled programming".

Yours,

Jesse

Edited by JesC
typos

Jesse Cochran

Just got this from JustFlight. Great plane. Now waiting for the F1 GTN 750 update because the 750 won't start.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Hello everyone

I bought the Cessna 421 from Alabeo a few weeks ago and I am pretty happy with it.

What do you think though about the exterior lights at night (taxi and landing) ? Not very bright !! The taxi light is very dim, except when you turn. The right landing light is dimmer than the left one.

Do you experience the same ? Any tweak to solve this ?

Many thanks and happy new year

I purchased the C421C today but struggling to get up to the max flight level. I managed to reach FL225 sitting on 148kts IAS with mixture setting at 25% near 8 on the pedestal which seems way too lean, manifold pressure @ 31.7 in hg and RPM @ 1783. Throttle is @ 85%.

Any suggestions or advise?

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

13 hours ago, Fearless said:

I managed to reach FL225 sitting on 148kts IAS with mixture setting at 25% near 8 on the pedestal which seems way too lean, manifold pressure @ 31.7 in hg and RPM @ 1783. Throttle is @ 85%.

Why are you using only 85% throttle?  ISA conditions? 

RPM is too low for this MP.  Above 29" you should be using 1900rpm at FL250.

The leaning simulation is completely unrealistic in FSX and P3D which means that you have to lean way too much.

148 kias (210ktas) with this power setting seems to ok according to the AFM.

FL200 1800rpm and 31.5" should be approx 215ktas

FL250 1800rpm and 29.0" should also be 215ktas

At FL250 I get 236ktas with 1900rpm and 32.5"

That's with the original Carenado FDE (latest patch) and not the modified 'advanced' FDE, which I don't use.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1