Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

First impressions

This is a B model (tip tanks). It has different fuel selectors and usually a different panel.

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

31 minutes ago, AndiKunzi said:

This is a B model (tip tanks). It has different fuel selectors and usually a different panel.

The general livery could still be done w/o tips

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 6/7/2018 at 6:38 AM, Tim-HH said:

Hi Frank,

in an aircraft with a turbocharged engine you only change the mixture twice: for climb and cruise. As we already know, FSX and P3D do not simulate this correctly and one has to adjust the mixture constantly. My solution for this is the use of this Automixture gauge. With this gauge I only need to change the mixture for climb and cruise, like in the real aircraft. And it works really well. 

Tim,
Flew for the first time today with the automixture gauge and flow values mod. What a much more pleasurable flight! Thank you again for putting this forward. Works great!  3.8 hour flight. this 421C is a very nice addition to my fleet!

N176C  at FL220 over southeast Oklahoma.

176%20Charlie-S.jpg

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

55 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Tim,
Flew for the first time today with the automixture gauge and flow values mod. What a much more pleasurable flight! Thank you again for putting this forward. Works great!  3.8 hour flight. this 421C is a very nice addition to my fleet!

N176C  at FL220 over southeast Oklahoma.

176%20Charlie-S.jpg

I would really like to try it but I use the Elite Throttle Quadrant and it looks like they conflict with one another. I don't know if there is a way to solve this conflict. Normally, I would disconnect the Elite mixture by using a specified aircraft profile in FSUIPC but Elite somehow bypasses FSUIPC. Kindly advise if there is a known solution. 

Hi Les,

16 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I would really like to try it but I use the Elite Throttle Quadrant and it looks like they conflict with one another. I don't know if there is a way to solve this conflict. Normally, I would disconnect the Elite mixture by using a specified aircraft profile in FSUIPC but Elite somehow bypasses FSUIPC. Kindly advise if there is a known solution. 

the Automixture gauge gets disabled anytime the mixture is adjusted manually. So I guess your throttle quadrant constantly changes the mixture due to signal noise. My idea would be to modify the Automixture gauge in a way that it ignores the manual mixture adjustments and that one can disable it with a key. In order to do so open the Automixture.xml and go to this section at the bottom of the file:

<!-- Event traps to auto-disable mixture control -->
<On Event="MIXTURE_RICH">
0 (>L:Automixture Mode, number)
</On>
<On Event="MIXTURE_INCR">
</On>
<On Event="MIXTURE_INCR_SMALL">
</On>
<On Event="MIXTURE_DECR">
</On>
<On Event="MIXTURE_LEAN">
</On>

Now replace the above section with the following one:

<!-- Event traps to auto-disable mixture control -->
<!-- Ctrl + Shift + F9 = disable gauge -->
<On Key="888">
</On>

The only way to disable the gauge now is via "Ctrl + Shift + F9". I hope this will solve your hardware conflict :smile:

Edited by Tim-HH
  • Like 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

6 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

the Automixture gauge gets disabled anytime the mixture is adjusted manually.

Tim,
This appears to raise a question. Does the automixture gauge get disabled by a manual adjustment (would need to reload the aircraft), or does it just get deactivated until reactivated (key combo again)?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Tim,
This appears to raise a question. Does the automixture gauge get disabled by a manual adjustment (would need to reload the aircraft), or does it just get deactivated until reactivated (key combo again)?

Hi Frank,

you can activate and deactivate the Automixture gauge as often as you like :smile:

Greetings
Tim

On 6/11/2018 at 9:41 AM, Tim-HH said:

Automixture gauge gets disabled anytime the mixture is adjusted manually. So I guess your throttle quadrant constantly changes the mixture due to signal noise

HI Tim,
Took a flight with a long cruise yesterday at FL240 from Troutdale, Oregon, to Omaha, Nebraska (College Baseball World Series).  Wanted to pass on an observation.  Had the noise modified Automixture in use.  After about an hour I began experiencing hiccups, for the want of a better description, at the rate of once every couple of minutes or so..  The engines would cough, then resume.  I started checking to see what could be causing the issue.  After several minutes of observing the issue I noticed I had not moved the mixture levers on my Saitek quadrants.  They were still far forward while the Automixture controlled levers in the virtual cockpit were way to the lean positions.  I noticed that at the time of a hiccup the VC levers would jump a bit. More like jolted. I pulled the Saitek levers down to equivalent positions and the hiccups ended.

Thought it might be useful to report this here.  Wish this Automixture discussion was in a separate thread where others would more easily discover it.

Enjoying it very much.

Frank 

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hi Frank,

I don't have dedicated hardware for the mixture levers. That's probably the reason why I've never experienced something like that. But I could imagine that FSX/P3D gets irritated for a split of a second when there is a large discrepancy between the position of the mixture levers in the cockpit and the hardware levers.

Greetings
Tim

5 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

Hi Frank,

I don't have dedicated hardware for the mixture levers. That's probably the reason why I've never experienced something like that. But I could imagine that FSX/P3D gets irritated for a split of a second when there is a large discrepancy between the position of the mixture levers in the cockpit and the hardware levers.

Its OK Tim.  The Automixture gauge is great!  Only posted it so others who may experience it will recognize what's happening and position their hardware control(s) accordingly!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

There is a lot of enthusiasm for the Golden Eagle in this forum.

I am curious about what it has that generates the enthusiasm, when compared to the Alabeo C441 Conquest II, which is bigger & quicker.

T45

Hi Folks,

Well - I don't have this one yet but I think I may get it... I'm a huge fan of Flysimware and their efforts - given both companies making the same aircraft I'd go with Flysimware every time because of the attention to detail inherent in their products (I already know which Falcon 50 I plan to buy - cheesy move Carenado)... I think the attraction with the Golden Eagle is that it's a fast piston twin with steam gauges and that's something that Alabeo does reasonably well... I believe it's also the culmination of Cessna's efforts on big piston twins... We seem to still be plagued by the little stupid issues this company is known for like the dome light being on when you turn the panel lights on - but for the most part they do a decent job with aircraft in this class... If only they would learn from their mistakes... My biggest beef with Carenado/Alabeo comes when they try to do Glass or FMC based aircraft that can't perform some of the most rudimentary navigation tasks which equates to an exercise in frustration for me...

Just my two cents...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7