Sign in to follow this  
Myulu

[P3D v4.2] CTD on Startup

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I tried to install the Aerosoft Balearic "Professional" addon and managed to install Ibiza and Mallorca but when I wanted to test how it looks like and how the FPS are, I noticed that the startup screen is displayed but after a few seconds the splash screen disappears (without the main menu showing up) and I am sent to the desktop.
Without an error message, nothing.
I have read through various forums and also tried the following:
-Delete the Shaders folder
-To execute the "Delete generated files" file.
-Delete All P3D folders in Appdata and ProgramData.
-Delete the P3D.cfg.
Uninstall Baleares.
- Using the P3D setup the repair function and this helped but as soon as I installed my add-ons (weirdly, some addons like GSX and all aircraft were still installed), the same happened again: P3D starts but after a few seconds it disappears from the Taskbar as well as from Task Manager

But nothing of the things above Helped...

I'm really close to delete P3D.. 

Cheers,

David

Somewhat left field - have you done any recent updates just before this started?

I am getting CTD on P3D v4.1 after updating Windows 7 & Nvidia.

About to try the System Restore to an earlier date route to see if that fixes it. 

T45

Somehow I could access now the start menu but yesterday I did a flight and on Final I got an CTD again...

The Error log is this:
Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.2.21.24048
Application Timestamp:    5a7c832c
Fault Module Name:    StackHash_4faa
Fault Module Version:    10.0.17134.1
Fault Module Timestamp:    207580e2
Exception Code:    c0000374
Exception Offset:    PCH_71_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009AAE4
OS Version:    10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1031
Additional Information 1:    4faa
Additional Information 2:    4faa67ba6e3b8d0b54d3f6be323338ac
Additional Information 3:    b89d
Additional Information 4:    b89d9ac67913e2578a5aecf9ef0a2f12

I think I will now perform a System restore of the entire PC..

Cheers,

David

On 5/31/2018 at 2:21 AM, Myulu said:

Without an error message, nothing.
I have read through various forums and also tried the following:
-Delete the Shaders folder
-To execute the "Delete generated files" file.
-Delete All P3D folders in Appdata and ProgramData.
-Delete the P3D.cfg.
Uninstall Baleares.
- Using the P3D setup the repair function and this helped but as soon as I installed my add-ons (weirdly, some addons like GSX and all aircraft were still installed), the same happened again: P3D starts but after a few seconds it disappears from the Taskbar as well as from Task Manager

But nothing of the things above Helped...

You installed Baleares and the crashes started.  That's a clue.  Make sure the installer and the program is compatible with P3DV4.  Many programs developed for P3DV4 have an installer that installs an addon.xml for the scenery and they do not use the scenery.cfg anymore (that's the way it should be).  You indicated above, that some addons like GSX and all aircraft were still installed.  That's the reason for addon.xml's.  They are place in C:\Documents\P3DV4 Addons.  This way, when you uninstalled P3D and then reinstall it, your addons are still there.

Whenever I have a crash, I am like you.  I look for the holy grail of fixes that will fix this problem immediately.  Messing around with files and finding this or finding that is a major chore because developers secretly hide things from you to make sure pirates do not steal their software.  You have to be a genius to figure it all out.

I am concerned that you deleted all P3D Folders in AppData and ProgramData.  When you delete things, most of the time the files are not rebuilt.

P3DV4 will crash if the addon.xml is corrupted or missing.  These files have to be in a certain format.  The Lorby_Si Addon Organizer will make sure the addon is installed and it has a button you can click to check all of your files to make sure they are all encoded properly.  If just one file is no longer encoded properly, P3D will crash.  If the manager finds files not encoded properly, you can fix this immediately by saving everything under the scenery tab in the organizer.  Because, everytime you click save in the organizer, it will make sure the saved files are all encoded properly. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So if I understood correctly, the Problem is, that some files are missing and therefore P3D is crashing. Is that correct?

I will now Install  Lorby_Si Addon Organizer and will check if my add-ons are installed and encoded properly.

Cheers,

David

And just a question about the forum, until when my posts are needed to be approved by a moderator?

59 minutes ago, Myulu said:

And just a question about the forum, until when my posts are needed to be approved by a moderator?

Not telling.  We adjust this occasionally depending on the number of attacks from spammers/hackers.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10