Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

No "Speedbird" for BAW ATC.

Hello all.
Hopefully I'm in the correct forum for this question.
When contacting ATC, the flight number is typically preceded by the company name. Emirates 123, Lufthansa 123, Air Canada 123 etc. I have this will all airlines except British Airways "Speedbird" which ATC just reply with the flight number.
I have looked at the obvious when selecting the aircraft however, still no "Speedbird".
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards.
David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Default ATC expects to see Speed Bird. It does not recognise Speedbird. Change that in aircraft.cfg or in the flight selection screen and you should hear the callsign.

ki9cAAb.jpg

You didn't mention your Sim, but in FSX, this is how I get the Speedbird identifier:

speedbird.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, that's true Charlie. I was thinking of P3D. In FSX you have to select the preview screen to see and change that data. It's also worth mentioning that FSX/P3D will add any callsign it is given to that list. Just because it's in the list doesn't mean it will get spoken or recognised by ATC.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you Brothers.

I am using P3Dv4.2  I'll make the change and Speed Bird will fly again.

Kind regards.

David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

23 minutes ago, kevinh said:

Yes, that's true Charlie. I was thinking of P3D. In FSX you have to select the preview screen to see and change that data. It's also worth mentioning that FSX/P3D will add any callsign it is given to that list. Just because it's in the list doesn't mean it will get spoken or recognised by ATC.

Very true about being on the list and not spoken.  That's where EditVoicePack comes in.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: