Sign in to follow this  
beep

just a noob question about lighting

I tried every button and combination I could find, but I cannot adapt the intensity of the white leds on the glareshield.

Is it possible to dim these? And if that is the case, how? I have PTA installed. Could that be the culprit?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jos Denis

I tried after resetting all the shaders. Did it made a difference? No. 

I discovered that "playing" with the color' settings, I was able to get less brightness in the white leds.

Jos Denis

Edited by beep747
uncomplete sentence

5 hours ago, beep747 said:

I tried after resetting all the shaders. Did it made a difference? No. 

I discovered that "playing" with the color' settings, I was able to get less brightness in the white leds.

Jos Denis

Why do you have two different accounts here?

Also: PTA is going to cause lighting issues. It's known - have a look around sim sites.

Can you be more specific about what you're requesting, or needing to happen? I'm not entirely sure anything is wrong, but I'm also not quite sure what you're asking about.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry, I even didn't realize that I had 2 different accounts. I'll verify. Not intentional in any case. 

What I mean is that on most glareshields, the heading, speed, ALT-digits can be dimmed or intensified using a specific knob. In the 777, I cannot find such a button or knob. What works is using the option on the CDU to lower the RGB color settings of the digits. I found them to intense at night. 

PTA stays in the closet for now. 

I recently purchased the 777 base pack and now the -300 expansion. I have to say that my first flights are simply the best flight sim experience ever. Watching the airline2sim videos (great value for money) only add to that pleasure. 

Jos Denis

22 minutes ago, beep747 said:

What I mean is that on most glareshields, the heading, speed, ALT-digits can be dimmed or intensified using a specific knob. In the 777, I cannot find such a button or knob. What works is using the option on the CDU to lower the RGB color settings of the digits. I found them to intense at night. 

There's a three position switch over on the far right of the lighting panel - to the right of the WING LIGHTS and STROBE LIGHTS (and is a switch like the strobe lights), labeled IND LTS: TEST - BRT - DIM. Set to DIM.

Kyle Rodgers