Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Have You Seen FSX Default Flooding?

Shalom all,

Just climbed into ATR72-500 only to find the airport FLOODED!!!!

guesscool.jpg

guesscool4.jpg

Yeah   the airport tower controller told me I could take off from water!! I can see why they call it Caribbean Seaplanes as seen in background

guesscool5.jpg

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 1

signCopy.jpg

Wow, it must be hurricane season! That airport should be closed for operations. UNSAFE!

Edited by sascha

Happened to me once in real life, flying home from Frankfurt to New York, in 1984.  JFK flooded with severe storms, we circled for two hours, the waters did not recede, and we were diverted to Philly which had no clouds in the Sky.  Gotta love Philly.  As the agents were rebooking us, passengers were shouting at them, angry for their delay, it took me two hours to get to the agent.  Jet lagged and on the verge of collapse, with a connecting flight to make to SFO, I just got to the agent and said "I made it, I'm here" and gave her my ticket.

With a sly eye she whispered "I am upgrading you to first class".  I asked why.  She said "You did not yell at me for an act of God".....

I was awake the entire night at the Philly airport, giddy with excitement about flying home first class.  I met a cool guy, a Marine going home off station, we shared beers and talked for hours and became blood brothers thru the night.

Next morning, the United Flight (we were originally TWA passengers) took me home to SFO, first stopping at JFK to pick up some strays.  My first experience in first class, I dreamed of the luxury.  They were playing the movie "The Bounty", and I had sipped the champagne.  And I have no memories of the time during the flight, and the time I drove home, all the luxury of first class, and my Jet Lag had me out for the count.

As Forrest Gump once said:

That's all I have to say about that

Sorry I somewhat hijacked the post, but with the flooding theme I wanted to share a fond memory over thirty years ago and a true flying home story

Planes, Trains and Automobiles:  Rent it if you have never seen it, it is about US

John

Sascha,  lol

Cactus521,  Do NOT NOT worry about hijacking my thread. I always welcome discussions on my threads!!   Thanks for your great explanations.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I knew Orbx had flooding in some of their Australia work but I didn't know it was an FSX default thing.  I thought they did came up with it.

Cactus - your story reminds me of a time when our plane had mechanical problems and a very large jet came in and picked us up 'as strays' as you say ( I like that ).  It was the largest plane I had and have been on.  I thought it was an L-1011 but apparently it was the DC whatever that looks just like it.  and Ill bet that champagne had something to do with you not remembering the flight.  I can (used to be able to) drink an entire bottle of bourbon but one small drink of champagne and I feel far too gone.  its weird stuff.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.