Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Wonderful airplane..

30 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Looks great. Three questions.  I see the AP mode selector.  Where is the AVSS situated?  Does the storm scope work?  Then, is there room to the right of the radio stack to situate a 2nd GTN or perhaps an RXP WX500?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank,

What is an AVSS?

Storm Scope, I have not turned it on.. and never use Radar in any of my airplanes.. :unsure:

As for adding new units in the panel... my guess is no, you see what you get.

Edit.. there is space, but you cannot access it..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

What is an AVSS?

Altitude and vertical speed selector

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yes, i'm missing "my" Flight1 C421, too. And i'm very glad to have now a very nice alternaative from Alabeo.

My first flight was great, but there was some "bumping" while taxiing. Someone has the same issue here?

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

16 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Altitude and vertical speed selector

OK, got it.. to the right of the pilot's yoke.

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK, got it.. to the right of the pilot's yoke.

Thank Bert. I should have looked closer at your screen shot, which shows enough to ID it.  Those on their site barely show portions of it. Glad its not somewhere like down around the fuel selectors.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

No, Frank, the cockpit layout is quite nice and functional.

The pitch wheel is down on the console, but I have relocated the AP popup clickspot so it is more convenient, so I have the choice of looking down, or popping it up, if I need to..

Bert

I just bought this latest bird from Alabeo this afternoon and I absolutely love it as well. The layout of the instruments and cockpit view is really fantastic as it allows you to keep an eye on everything while at the same time having everything in front of the plane in clear sight. The GTN 750 being where it is also superb, especially when flying IFR RNAV approaches in bad weather.

Great plane.

Andrew Walker

Humoring myself over this one..  I have in my fleet already the Real Air TDv2; Carenado's B58 Baron, C340, F406 Caravan II, and Beech C90B; and, Milviz's BE55 Baron, C310, and C310 Redux. So for instance, in IRL is the 421C a good choice over an F406 for more carrying capacity on longer flights?  So looking into my own fictional operating and maintenance cost analysis for fun.  Here is a discussion I found.  Some good reading....  Interesting how vulnerable the engines are...

https://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-306262.html

So has anyone got a good read on fuel burn per hr at say 20,000 or 22,000 and 210 knots TAS?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I hope you don't think this is a dumb question (and certainly not sarcasm!) but how does it differ from Alabeo's C404 and C441 (even tho they are much older add-ons)?

Mario Di Lauro

5 minutes ago, tamsini said:

I hope you don't think this is a dumb question (and certainly not sarcasm!) but how does it differ from Alabeo's C404 and C441 (even tho they are much older add-ons)?

Not about the Alabeo offereing, but unny you should ask because the IRL discussion at the link above includes comparative discussion of those models....

Frank Patton
ASUS 

The C421 has a lot of nostalgic value, since many of us have flown the Flight1 C421 in FS9.

It is just a joy to sit in the C421 cockpit once again  :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

You guys are going to make me break my rule about Carenado/Alabeo purchases. Everyone seems to really like this release. The 421 is a beautiful machine for sure. Bert sure seems to like it.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

42 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So for instance, in IRL is the 421C a good choice over an F406 for more carrying capacity on longer flights? 

The Carenado F406 feels like a utility truck compared to this C421 SUV..  I would compare it to the piston Duke, but with a more immersive cockpit.

Edit: Next best thing to having a Piston Duke with a GTN 750 in the panel..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert