Sign in to follow this  
MattS

Freeze Issue

Has anyone experienced a complete freeze and app hang when trying to select a particular arrival? I am getting it for PHOG CAMPS3. When I push the LSK for that arrival it happens every time. It takes about 10-15 seconds before it freezes and then P3D hangs. Everything else is working just fine. I can select other arrivals no problem. I have the most recent AIRAC. Minimal add-ons, totally updated,

What have you entered for the route preceding the arrival?  When you press the LSK for CAMPS3 does it list the transitions?  I just looked at the sidstar file for PHOG and it looks nominal.... I'll fire up the NGX a little later and check.

EDIT:  Just tried selecting CAMPS3 at PHOG and it responded by listing the two transitions.  No freeze here.  A lockup when selecting something in the FMS is very unlikely.... please provide a sequence of steps to reproduce the problem including every key stroke and information about how you are starting the session, and if FSX or P3D.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan for looking. I’ll try to post step by step this weekend. 

Meanwhile;

I’m using P3Dv4

Route was PHLI-PHOG ending in waypoint CAMPS. 

I could never get to the transition page, as it locked up when I tried selecting CAMPS3. 

When it first happened the other day it wreaked havoc with P3D. It ended up with CTD before the splash screen. 

I recreated the same flight in the 777 and had no issue with selecting CAMPS3 arrival. I’ll investigate further. 

17 hours ago, MattS said:

I recreated the same flight in the 777 and had no issue with selecting CAMPS3 arrival. I’ll investigate further. 

Post your finding please... interesting problem.  BTW I found an AAL 777 route I'm going to jump on today: KDFW-PHOG.  (Its a 772 but I've got no problem using the 77L)  PHOG was my first real world arrival to Hawaii and I have very fond memories of the open air terminal and the smell of flowers in the air.

Dan Downs KCRP