Sign in to follow this  
Jan Urban

Website problem: Cannot buy (shopping cart always empties itself)

Hello PMDG team,

today I wanted to buy the 737NGX base package for Prepar3d but fail to do so.
I am looged into my account, put the item I want to buy into the shopping card and click "checkout".
Everytime I do that, my shopping cart is emptied automatically and I cannot make the purchase.  Message: "Your cart is empty. Continue Shopping"

I tried Chrome and Firefox, all up to date and latest version. I also tried private mode (without cookies and empty cache). 
Nothing helped, I cannot make the purchase. 

Please let me know if it is a problem from your side, or if I can do anything about it. I finally want to fly the 737 in Prepar3d again. I had it for FSX and I really liked it :) 

Many thanks in advance.

Bye

Jan Urban (EDDL)

18 minutes ago, Jan Urban said:

or if I can do anything about it.

First step is to try another browser. If you don't have any more than one, try clearing your browser cache.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, Jan Urban said:

Hello PMDG team,

today I wanted to buy the 737NGX base package for Prepar3d but fail to do so.
I am looged into my account, put the item I want to buy into the shopping card and click "checkout".
Everytime I do that, my shopping cart is emptied automatically and I cannot make the purchase.  Message: "Your cart is empty. Continue Shopping"

I tried Chrome and Firefox, all up to date and latest version. I also tried private mode (without cookies and empty cache). 
Nothing helped, I cannot make the purchase. 

Please let me know if it is a problem from your side, or if I can do anything about it. I finally want to fly the 737 in Prepar3d again. I had it for FSX and I really liked it 🙂

Many thanks in advance.

Bye

Jan Urban (EDDL)

Besides what Kyle suggested, when the empty card message appears close your browser. Reopen it and re login to the store. You should see a pop up message that you have something left in your cart. Select view cart and you should be able to purchase 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi all,

many thanks for your help, it is still not working.
The issue might be related to my account, but I am not sure.

I cleared the cache, rebooted, loged out and looged in and used two different browsers as I already mentioned in my initial post (Chrome and Firefox).

1. Start Chrome

2. Select "New inkognito window"

3. Open PDMG website and login with my account

4. Choose the 737NGX addon for P3D incl. typing in YES to confirm its for P3D

5. Item is moved to the shopping cart

6. I click the shopping cart and see the item in the shopping cart

7. I now click "Checkout"

8. After I have done this I get the message "Your cart is empty. Continue Shopping"

Could it be something related to my session or account on your website? I am buying stuff online everyday and also work myself in an environment where I test websites. So its not a newbie unknow user thing, I just cant purchase. 

Maybe you can look into this matter again and I will try using the EDGE browser and see if it works. Could still be some odd failure/issue on my side. But maybe I am helping you to continue selling stuff as maybe other users are affected from this problem aswell.

Many thanks.

Bye

Jan

P.S. Just tested the EDGE browser and have the same problem. Its some weired issue with not staying logged in as it seems. If I go the the product page of the NGX I see at the top "Register/Login" even though  I have logged in already... 

Edited by Jan Urban

This is a bit technical but may be appropriate to your situation.The users at my company (where I am the IT manager) had all sorts of problems with staying logged into a number of websites (very similar to what you are describing).  The culprit turned out to be our new security hardware that was inappropriate assigning different ip addresses to ongoing connections. It made it impossible for websites to recognize incoming traffic as being from the same computer.  Each time a user went to a new page, the request appeared to be coming from a different computer, so users were constantly being asked to re-enter their credentials and shopping carts would mysteriously empty. (Not that employees were supposed to be shopping at the office.) Not all websites were affected; it depended on how the websites maintained the session information.

Cellular phones have features like MAC Address randomization that might cause this symptom; your gateway/router/firewall software could also be providing similar functionality as a privacy feature. Some VPN services could also do something similar as part of the anonymization processes. I don't have anything specific to point you at, but you might take a look at how you are connecting to the internet as something to test.

Scott Easley

Hello all.

Many thanks for the help. Now it is working again.
I did not change anything from my side and did exactly the same steps.

So all ok and good 🙂

Have a good weekend everyone.

bye

Jan

I had the same problem and what I did was is logout and then add what I wanted to the cart and then on the checkout page it says, "Quickly register a new account with our speedy One Page Checkout system!" where you click "Continue" below that and that worked for me. It's funny though because then I had 2 accounts but that's the only thing that worked for me.

Yeah, using an incognito window won't let you purchase anything... That's the sense of the window... not to collect or keep personal data.

Edited by Ephedrin

49 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Yeah, using an incognito window won't let you purchase anything... That's the sense of the window... not to collect or keep personal data.

Quite the contrary. It's meant for exactly those kinds of things.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Quite the contrary. It's meant for exactly those kinds of things.

I can't stay logged in on precisionmanuals.com when I select an incognito window. It logs me off as soon as I click anything.  (chrome)

Edited by Ephedrin

6 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

I can't stay logged in on precisionmanuals.com when I select an incognito window. It logs me off as soon as I click anything.  (chrome)

Works here. Something on your system must be getting in the way.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Works here. Something on your system must be getting in the way.

That's my thought too, tbh. I'm not sure but it seems to me Jan above is german too... could it be the german version of Chrome? I have just tried several websites and funny enough it works ok on european websites (tried it for UK, Germany, Netherlands, Austria) but doesn't work for US websites... (conspiracies incoming)

Hi guys,

I am having the same problem on my end.  Trying to buy P3D NGX, and if I click on checkout, the entire order disappears.  And if I click on paypal, it goes to paypal (asks me which account to use) and it is supposed to return back to pmdg site, and then shows up empty cart.

I really want to use paypal when buying online.  Right now both methods are bringing me back to empty cart. 

I have tried on Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox and yes deleted cache and disabled ublock etc.  No go.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

never mind...There were quite bit of logging in and logging out.  Eventually got my order.  Something sure is wonky

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hmm something's weird ...

I have tried 3 browsers (IE, Edge and Chrome) all with the same results. I have cleared the browser history and cache between the attempts.. My apologies to PMDG for the increased traffic on your shop.

Spoiler

vgofuh.jpg

When trying to purchase products, which are marked with NO, I get the following cart

Spoiler

261ywbc.jpg

This leads to the inevitable screen, when clicking the 'CHECKOUT' button

Spoiler

29mrgjp.jpg

But when purchasing a product which are are marked with YES, I get the following cart

Spoiler

ohpxeb.jpg

This is without clearing, or removing products from the shopping cart between attempts.. I don't know what's happening, but it seems like when a purchase a product with NO, I get another shopping cart, which contains products (all marked with NO in my attempts). This carts apparently differs from the shopping cart I get, when purchasing a product marked with YES. 

I have no idea, what's happening - and it's quite possible, that it's something on my system - but currently, the only products I'm able to purchase is the following

• PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3D
  • PMDG 777-300ER Expansion Package for Prepar3D

I don't know if any of this makes sense - and I my apologies, if this post is quite messy. I tried to keep it as simple as possible (although I'm fairly certain, that I failed miserably at that...)

It's my hope, though, that someone can make some sense of it... If not, I'll see if I can clarify it.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Hmm something's weird ...

I have tried 3 browsers (IE, Edge and Chrome) all with the same results. I have cleared the browser history and cache between the attempts.. My apologies to PMDG for the increased traffic on your shop.

Hide contents

vgofuh.jpg

When trying to purchase products, which are marked with NO, I get the following cart

Reveal hidden contents

261ywbc.jpg

This leads to the inevitable screen, when clicking the 'CHECKOUT' button

Reveal hidden contents

29mrgjp.jpg

But when purchasing a product which are are marked with YES, I get the following cart

Hide contents

ohpxeb.jpg

This is without clearing, or removing products from the shopping cart between attempts.. I don't know what's happening, but it seems like when a purchase a product with NO, I get another shopping cart, which contains products (all marked with NO in my attempts). This carts apparently differs from the shopping cart I get, when purchasing a product marked with YES. 

I have no idea, what's happening - and it's quite possible, that it's something on my system - but currently, the only products I'm able to purchase is the following

• PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3D
  • PMDG 777-300ER Expansion Package for Prepar3D

I don't know if any of this makes sense - and I my apologies, if this post is quite messy. I tried to keep it as simple as possible (although I'm fairly certain, that I failed miserably at that...)

It's my hope, though, that someone can make some sense of it... If not, I'll see if I can clarify it.

It looks like your browser cache has not been cleared correctly. What I suggest to do is the following

Login to the shop, if you receive any message about cart containing orders just remove all orders from the cart. As soon as you do this logout. Re login, there should be no products in the cart. Try to add the 777. If you receive the cart empty message close the browser and reopen it. If you relogin now at the store what happens with the cart?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com