Sign in to follow this  
Jan Urban

Website problem: Cannot buy (shopping cart always empties itself)

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

It looks like your browser cache has not been cleared correctly. What I suggest to do is the following

Login to the shop, if you receive any message about cart containing orders just remove all orders from the cart. As soon as you do this logout. Re login, there should be no products in the cart. Try to add the 777. If you receive the cart empty message close the browser and reopen it. If you relogin now at the store what happens with the cart?

Okay - it works, when logging out and back in. When trying to click CHECKOUT, I'm met with the Your cart is empty message, but when logging out, it informs me, that there's items in the cart, which have been added, and if I would like to checkout or continue shopping. When clicking CHECKOUT here, I have the ability to log back in, in which case, I'm met with the continuous page for purchase and registering.

It's still a little weird... I have a background in web-development, and aren't a completely unknown in this regard. When clearing or removing items from the cart, why is this information kept somewhere? Shouldn't this saved info be cleared as well (is this stored in a cookie or...?). It shouldn't be necessary to logout and back in. 

Anyway - thanks for the help, Chris! 🙂

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Okay - it works, when logging out and back in. When trying to click CHECKOUT, I'm met with the Your cart is empty message, but when logging out, it informs me, that there's items in the cart, which have been added, and if I would like to checkout or continue shopping. When clicking CHECKOUT here, I have the ability to log back in, in which case, I'm met with the continuous page for purchase and registering.

It's still a little weird... I have a background in web-development, and aren't a complete word not allowed in this regard. When clearing or removing items from the cart, why is this information kept somewhere? Shouldn't this saved info be cleared as well (is this stored in a cookie or...?). It shouldn't be necessary to logout and back in. 

Anyway - thanks for the help, Chris! 🙂

Andres, there was a general issue 4-5 monts ago that all customer were facing what you are now. This was fixed by our eshop vendor but for a very few users it still happen from time to time. I will recheck with them

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Andres, there was a general issue 4-5 monts ago that all customer were facing what you are now. This was fixed by our eshop vendor but for a very few users it still happen from time to time. I will recheck with them

Thanks, Chris. Appreciate the effort. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471