Sign in to follow this  
scitaborea

GTN v2.5.2 mouse not working

Thank you for making such a wonderful addition.  Our flying club has recently added the GTN 750 and 650 to one of our planes and I am hoping to use this to help become more familiar with it within the sim.

My hope is to be able to use this fully in VR without needing to use the popout windows.  In the little bit of searching I have done, I realize there is some limitation with how x-plane 11 currently uses the VR mouse cursor and that it is unable to interact with the the current GTN 750/650.

What is the current status of this implementation and do you foresee being able to enable this in the future?

Does anyone know of a workaround to be able to interact with the 750 within VR (apart from the popout window)?

Also, while in VR, the mouse wheel is no longer able to control fine adjustments on knobs, mixture, etc.  It works fine the moment you leave VR.  This is only with the 750 enabled, the moment I disable it, the mouse wheel functions again in VR.  The only plane I have tried this with is the Justflight Arrow III (non-turbo version).

Edit:  I tried this in the AFM Mooney M20R Ovation II with the same results.  The mouse is able to interact with the 750 in normal 3D cockpit mode and the mouse wheel works for fine control of knobs, trim, mixture, etc.  Going into VR mode with VR mouse cursor, the mouse wheel no longer works and I cannot interact with the 750 on the panel.  What is interesting, however, is that if I disable the VR mouse cursor, it disappears, but I can click interact with the 750 in VR mode on the panel itself.  I just cannot see any cursor or what I am actually clicking (and the mouse wheel still doesn't work).

Edited by scitaborea

Hi,

There is a pending update coming up with lots of changes for the VR mode, and the mouse handling in the popup window.

We've a couple few more items to change / add prior an official release, which I hope the soonest as possible, in the coming days.

I can't tell if this will solve the issue you are describing with the mouse wheel, but at least it solves the many issues that have cropped up so far in the VR mode. It is being actively tested and so far so good.

As for interactions with the gauge in the 3D panel, this is an X-Plane limitation for now, and as soon as they offer the means for plugin to receive mouse input in 3D, we'll make sure to add support for it!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for your reply and for the work you all are putting into this!

I have tried testing the different settings to see if there was perhaps something in the plugin causing the mouse wheel issue, but have not found it.  

If only there were a way to see the normal mouse, even as a dot, in VR, then we could see and click as I mentioned above.  I tried using mouse trails, but that just renders the mouse cursor invisible in x-plane, apparently an old issue that's been around for years.

Edit:  Flyinside just put out an update which now works with x-plane 11.2.  I am now able to interact with the panel mounted 750 in VR and use all of the mouse functions! 

Edited by scitaborea

I posted this in the xplane forum...... hope someone here might know how to solve this............

......Anyone experience this? I can interact with instruments with mouse cursor, but it stays an arrow pointer and does not change to  circular pointer like when you are setting a heading. Everywhere I put the mouse curser,  it remains the standard arrow pointer. This happened all of a sudden. I have rebooted and restarted xplane many times. Happens with all aircraft. any ideas?

I figured out what the problem is but have to figure out how to solve it. Anytime I have the reality GTN 750 installed in the panel I lose the functions. I just updated the 750 and have the same problem. I have it in the default cessna mod, the centurion and the f33a bonanza. Anyone else seeing this problem?

yes, I am having the same problem and am sure it is the new update to the GTN750.  As soon as I disable the GTN7 50 the mouse scroll will zoom in and out again and the mouse can be used to turn dials.  I have been flying the Pilatus PC-12 for more than a month on FSEconomy and only using the GTN750 for navigation.  I could use the mouse scroll to scroll in and out the view inside and outside the cockpit.  I could use the mouse to adjust dials.  All was well.  Then a couple of days ago I noticed that an update was available for the GTN750 and installed it.  Immediately I lost the use of the mouse scroll wheel, and as you experienced, pointing the mouse at a dial remains an arrow instead or changing to a hand or parenthesis to be able to adjust a knob/dial.  It is definitely the update causing the loss of mouse control  As soon as I disable the GTN750 the mouse functions again.

UPdate.  I've played with it a bit,  Can't get scrollwheel to work, But on the dials  your hold down left mouse button and drag up and down to activate a dial.

Are you also having the problem... if you start cold and turn the avionic on, it comes up a black screen. I then have to go up to the menus and turn the 750 off and then turn it back on. Same thing if I just flip the avionics switch off and then back on.

Hi, I'm about to post the new update, let's see how this one works for you.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I just installed v2.5.2 and the issues above still persist in native VR.  Mouse scroll wheel will not work in VR and the mouse still disappears when over the panel mounted 750.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, RXP said:

As for interactions with the gauge in the 3D panel, this is an X-Plane limitation for now, and as soon as they offer the means for plugin to receive mouse input in 3D, we'll make sure to add support for it!

Can you please clarify if you are talking about mouse wheel over the VR 'popup' window, or mouse wheel over the 3D panel gauge?

Has not changed any of the problems:(  Mouse pointer remains the default arrow everywhere. When you turn off the avionics master and turn back on...... black screen. Have to disable gtn 750 and enable it to get it to turn on. Also I lose the ability to mouse zoom when I enable the 750. The mouse zoom does work on the 750 in the cockpit.

Edited by strat919

Ok, is this happening with default aircraft too, say B58?

Are you using any tool like 'process lasso', or any other tool supposedly 'optimizing' the use of your CPU cores?

Since I update XPL to latest beta, I got that issue in some payware aircraft, specially carenado or those modded with integrated GTN, default baron58, 172 are fine on my side.

C172 modded can't interact with some gauges

MU2 same thing.

I do use process lasso and don't see any difference from using Non Physical cores or use all.

--more tests--

If I delete the gtn ini file from the dornier, there's no problem with gauges.

Edited by Celis