Sign in to follow this  
scitaborea

GTN v2.5.2 mouse not working

Over all switches and knobs in the cockpit while in VR and with the 750 active.  The moment I disable the 750 (and stay in VR), mouse wheel function returns.  Also, when I am in normal 3D cockpit (not in VR) and 750 active, the mouse wheel works.  It is only with both the 750 active and in native VR that the mouse wheel function will not interact.

Not the pop up window, this is solely with the 750 installed on the panel itself.

Edited by scitaborea

3 minutes ago, scitaborea said:

Not the pop up window, this is solely with the 750 installed on the panel itself.

Ok this makes sense now, this most likely is the limitation with XPlane I've mentioned above, but I'll have another look at this and let you know.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Understood, just giving feedback after the update as you mentioned that it might solve one or more of the issues.  Thank you for the continued work and the updates!

Hi,
@those using a C172 mod for the GTN: what mod are you using?

I just updated the GTNs to v2.5.2, and with XP 11.20r4 and my GTN (750+650) mod. I fail to recreate the issue described here. My mouse cursor changes as expected and every gauge responds correctly (mouse wheel and holding left mouse button).
Same with the 172 GTN mod + REP (I'm using a beta version for REP).

I've updated the archive for the mod recently due to some minor modifications in XP 11.20 (Cessna_172SP_GTN_vrconfig.txt file)

>>> C172SP GTN 750+650 mod <<<

Maybe you could try this version (or just update the aforementioned file) and see if it works for you?
(if you don't own the GTN 650, the unit will just stay dark - you can still use the mod)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RXP said:

Ok, is this happening with default aircraft too, say B58?

Are you using any tool like 'process lasso', or any other tool supposedly 'optimizing' the use of your CPU cores?

I only have the problems when the 750 is in the panel...... works correctly when used ONLY as a popup.

Turns out it is XPlane beta in the aforementioned discussion. Reverting to 11.20 works.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

This is not the same issue for me.  The mouse wheel works fine in and out of VR without the 750 selected in the plugin menu.  It is only not working while in both VR AND with the 750.

The linked topic solution is: The problem causing the mouse wheel not to work when the RXP GNS 430 was enabled turned out to be the beta version of XP11. I reverted back to the 11.20 and everything works properly.

Are you experiencing this issue with the official release 1.20 or with any subsequent BETA/RC?

Release version - 11.20

Apologies for misunderstanding.

To further clarify: 

I am able to use the mouse wheel in and out of VR normally with the default 430, etc. 

I am able to use the mouse wheel in the normal 3D cockpit mode (looking at the monitor, not in VR) with the 750 on the panel, though the mouse cursor still disappears when over the 750.

I am able to use the mouse wheel using Flyinside VR and the 750 on the panel - using Flyinside also allows the mouse cursor to be viewable and interact with the 750 on the panel. 

I am NOT able to use the mouse wheel with BOTH native x-plane VR AND the 750 activated.  This includes using the mouse wheel to interact with any part of the cockpit - knobs, switches, etc.  The mouse wheel will not interact with anything while in native VR and the 750 selected in the plugin menu.

Edited by scitaborea

Ok this helps clarifying a lot indeed! Thank you for the additional details, back to the drawing board now...

I am fly ing the Carenado Pilatus Pc-12..  GTN750 was functioning reasonably well until I installed the uipdate.  After that, mouse scroll went dead, and dials could be used by pointing the arrow and pressing and dragging up or down.  But, I can't zoom in or out  within the cockpit or outside the cockpit.

I am having this problem also. In aircraft where the GTN 750 is in the panel, I cannot use the mouse wheel to zoom the virtual cockpit view, nor can I hover the mouse over a knob and use the mouse wheel to adjust it. If I hover the mouse over the GTN 750 and turn the mouse wheel it will zoom the map, but everywhere else the mouse wheel is not functioning like it should.

The problem only started after Steam updated XP11 to 11.21 today. I have beta versions turned OFF so I assume 11.21 is an official release by Laminar and not a beta.

Edited by Wing

2 hours ago, Wing said:

I am having this problem also. In aircraft where the GTN 750 is in the panel, I cannot use the mouse wheel to zoom the virtual cockpit view, nor can I hover the mouse over a knob and use the mouse wheel to adjust it. If I hover the mouse over the GTN 750 and turn the mouse wheel it will zoom the map, but everywhere else the mouse wheel is not functioning like it should.

The problem only started after Steam updated XP11 to 11.21 today. I have beta versions turned OFF so I assume 11.21 is an official release by Laminar and not a beta.

Same here..... I regressed from beta and it updated xplane to 11.21. Same problems