Sign in to follow this  
scitaborea

GTN v2.5.2 mouse not working

I am getting this now with the normal 3D virtual cockpit (also in VR) in 11.21r2 build 112101.  Previously (11.20), it was working for me in the normal 3D virtual cockpit with the 750 activated.

Edited by scitaborea

9 hours ago, scitaborea said:

I am able to use the mouse wheel in the normal 3D cockpit mode (looking at the monitor, not in VR) with the 750 on the panel, though the mouse cursor still disappears when over the 750.

I am NOT able to use the mouse wheel with BOTH native x-plane VR AND the 750 activated.  This includes using the mouse wheel to interact with any part of the cockpit - knobs, switches, etc.  The mouse wheel will not interact with anything while in native VR and the 750 selected in the plugin menu.

As of 11.21r2 build 112101, the mouse wheel is no longer functioning in the 3D virtual cockpit (not in VR either) with the 750 activated through the plugin menu.  I posted in the other thread to contribute there as well.

Edited by scitaborea

Same issue with XP 11.21r2 (beta), but I rolled back to the stable version and the server installed v11.20r4 (build 112019).

My region sometimes accesses the latest stable release versions slightly later than the US (and other locations).
I didn't monitor the process but as far as I can tell, 11.21r2 mostly updated a few shader files, manuals (GDPR-related details I guess), and the exes.
If you don't have a backup or can't roll back to a compatible version, and until there's a fix available, I could pack the 11.20r4 files (I would need a detailed list) and share them. Just let me know.

I am fly ing the Carenado Pilatus Pc-12..  GTN750 was functioning reasonably well until I installed the uipdate.  After that, mouse scroll went dead, and dials could be used by pointing the arrow and pressing and dragging up or down.  But, I can't zoom in or out  within the cockpit or outside the cockpit! Has anyone found a solution?

I have this issue with the Carenado F33 and C210 with REPS as well as just flight tb10 and tb20. You cant turn some controls an no scroll wheel - I have reinstalled the c210 and when I did it started working even with RXP gtn750. As soon as I put the rep plugin the a/c broke. That does not explain the tb10/20 issue. I may have to reinstall Aircraft with this latest xplane upgrade. 

Edited by clif9464

Just updated to xplane 11.21r2 and experienced the mouse problem with GTN750 installed. Remove GTN750 and mouse reverts to normal.Happens in C172, Corenado PC12 and probably all.But you can still turn knobs/levers by left click and slide up/dn. 

Poor Jean-Luc, just when he thought everything was stable with xplane for a while...

Thanks for all your previous help. RXP GTN750 is certainly worth the effort.

21 hours ago, Wing said:

I am having this problem also. In aircraft where the GTN 750 is in the panel, I cannot use the mouse wheel to zoom the virtual cockpit view, nor can I hover the mouse over a knob and use the mouse wheel to adjust it. If I hover the mouse over the GTN 750 and turn the mouse wheel it will zoom the map, but everywhere else the mouse wheel is not functioning like it should.

The problem only started after Steam updated XP11 to 11.21 today. I have beta versions turned OFF so I assume 11.21 is an official release by Laminar and not a beta.

Same problem here with XP11.21 and GTN 2.5.2

Looks like I will have to shelve the GTN for a while till it’s fixed

Edited by clif9464

Hi,

After being away from flying for a while I saw a video on Youtube telling me the GTN750 is now integrated in the VC panel of the Carenado F33A Bonanza.

This is something I had always looked forward to, so I immediately started updating my Xplane to 11.21, my GTN 750 to the latest version 2.5.2 and I bought the Carenado plane. However, things don't seem to work as they should 😞

When I load the plane with the GTN plugin switched on, I do see it integrated in my VC. The bezel is there and the screen is blank (makes sense, the plane is powered off). So I power on the plane, start it up, switch on the alternator and then the master avionics ...... and the GTN750 screen stays black 😞 😞

It does work however, because if I select "Show window" from the GTN750 Plugin menu, a window does show up, i can click the "Continue" buttons confirming my license and then I have a perfectly working GTN750 🙂

But I cannot find a way to get it to show up on the VC screen as it should. Am I missing something maybe? What is going wrong here?

On 5/30/2018 at 4:31 PM, bluebell2 said:

Same problem here with XP11.21 and GTN 2.5.2

Well, after testing I can confirm gtn750 is the issue in the cockpit. Shelving this and hopefully it is not a lost 50 dollar piece of software. Loved using it while it worked

Edited by RXP

2 hours ago, HansMatthijssen said:

Hi,

After being away from flying for a while I saw a video on Youtube telling me the GTN750 is now integrated in the VC panel of the Carenado F33A Bonanza.

This is something I had always looked forward to, so I immediately started updating my Xplane to 11.21, my GTN 750 to the latest version 2.5.2 and I bought the Carenado plane. However, things don't seem to work as they should 😞

When I load the plane with the GTN plugin switched on, I do see it integrated in my VC. The bezel is there and the screen is blank (makes sense, the plane is powered off). So I power on the plane, start it up, switch on the alternator and then the master avionics ...... and the GTN750 screen stays black 😞 😞

It does work however, because if I select "Show window" from the GTN750 Plugin menu, a window does show up, i can click the "Continue" buttons confirming my license and then I have a perfectly working GTN750 🙂

But I cannot find a way to get it to show up on the VC screen as it should. Am I missing something maybe? What is going wrong here?

If you are on 11.21 it is busted.

It's NOT a lost piece of software......... RealityXP has great support and I'm sure it will be fixed soon. It's hard for developers to keep up with Xplane evolving so quickly.

• Upvote 2

Since the update of X-Plane to the version 11.21 I have the same problem with the mouse wheel in cockpits with integrated RXP GTN 750 (Carenado Bonanza F33A and Laminar Cessna C172 mod). The GTN 750 works very well, both in the cockpit  and as a popup window. The mouse wheel also works there, e.g. in the map of the GTN 750. But outside of the GTN, the mouse wheel does not work. I can not zoom and e.g. I am not able to adjust the autopilot altitude/VS value.

When I turn off the GTN in the plugin menu, the mouse wheel works fine everywhere, it is possible to zoom and to turn the knobs. Also in other aircrafts without vc integration the  GTN 750 works as a popup window without any problem. In this cases the mousewheel works, both in the GTN 750 map and outside of the GTN.

I updated the GTN 750 to version 2.5.2, but the problem was not solved. The problem had not yet occurred in X-Plane version 11.20

Oh I didn't know that.
I searched around these forums and couldn't find anything about that. Guess I've overlooked something.

Well, waitng for a patch to fix things again then I suppose. Thanks for your answer!