Sign in to follow this  
clocki

QW 787 Performance

Hey,

I had some flights with the 787. Beside the bugs like VNAV I noticed a quite bad performance. On some airports it's solid but on others not. I tested or flew to airports I already flew to with PMDG 777 or 737 or the Dash 8. I used the STD panel as the High Res panel will drop my frames with around 5fps.

UK2000 Gatwick: 33fps lockes
Aerosoft Frankfurt: 22fps
Aerosoft Palma: 20fps
T2G Munich: 22-28fps
FlyTampa Boston: 19fps (but it's worse with a standard plane too)

I'm wondering if there is something I can do? I tried the GaugeRefreshRate=10 thing, but did not give me any frames. And after closing P3D the 10 is set to 0 automatically.

I'm using P3D V4.2 with a i5 running at 4,1Ghz and a GTX 980TI

Edited by clocki

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Watching this one closely while eating popcorn as it would be nice to see a magic wand (tweak) that would give an addon such as the 787 and P3DV4.2 massive performance gains.  I would be interested in your settings.  Hopefully you are not using any Nvidia display driver/Nvidia Inspector settings on top of your P3D settings.  I have mine maxed on the first page of the settings and terrain is all maxed except mesh resolution is set to 5m; no autogen (horrible effects); water at max but no reflections; special effects maxed; lighting turned off, including dynamic reflections; shadows take up resources so quality is ultra but distance is low.  Of course I use ASP4 with my flights and Ultimate TrafficLive.

I use the FSUIPC utility to log my FPS as I don't trust the built in FPS counter.  On a flight on May 28th in the QW787 from FSDT KLAX to FlightBeam KSFO HD, and Orbx SoCal/NoCal, I had the following:

Minimum frame rate was 10.4 fps, Maximum was 73.7 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 3912 secs = 33.4 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 301 aircraft

Actually did not feel the 10.4 fps during the setup or during the flight.  It was smooth throughout.  On landing at KSFO, it was great to circle the 787 externally while at the gate.  No issues whatsoever.  So, maybe the best tweak would be to get a better system like mine so you can max out more things or lower some of your settings.

FPS jump all over the place during a flight depending on what you are looking at.  Some addon airports are simply not optimized too especially if the airport was developed for another sim and later ported over to P3DV4.  Your system should be able to handle P3DV4 well but probably not maxed out like mine.  My system specs are in my signature.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

What is the „high res panel“ and how can you switch it on / off?!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, swiesma said:

What is the „high res panel“ and how can you switch it on / off?!

Go into the aircraft .cfg to the livery you would like to change and modify the 'Panel' entry to 'Panel=hires'.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I don't look at fps so my only criteria is visual - I have had no issues at all with the 787, even in heavy weather. It remains smooth with no stuttering.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I don't look at fps so my only criteria is visual - I have had no issues at all with the 787, even in heavy weather. It remains smooth with no stuttering.

Vic

Absolutely the same here. Much better proformance than the malwaresimlabs 320, better than the pmdg 777 and about the same as the 747.

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

My performance issue is not fps that seems to be  very smooth. My issue I just encountered on my third flight about 3/4 way to the destination was CPU usage rocketing up to 99% and my GPU only around 12%. This made the flight unflyable as it began to jerk up and down. This is the first plane for me this has ever happened. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 6/2/2018 at 7:02 PM, tooting said:

Absolutely the same here. Much better proformance than the malwaresimlabs 320, better than the pmdg 777 and about the same as the 747.

I would rank the QW 787 performance between FSLabs A320 and the PMDG products. The PMDG stuff runs best for me, the A320 worst (but still ok).

• Upvote 1

This actually performs better for me compared to the malwarelabs a320. Ever since the update with the “tweak” to “optimize cpu usage” I get stutters and low FPS in dense areas with the 320 even though no core is at 100%. Guessing that has to do with them messing up the affinity mask settings. 

The only issue I have with the 787 is identical to the 777 where I always get a 1 second stutter upon touchdown. 

Edited by TheBoom

2 hours ago, TheBoom said:

where I always get a 1 second stutter upon touchdown.

Delete fx_Skidmark.efx ? from effects folder.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Delete fx_Skidmark.efx ? from effects folder.

Thanks. Forgot to do that again after moving from PD3V3 to V4.

The performance is actually really good. Much better than the fsl320. 
Only the refresh rate of the gauges are annoying. Even when changing it in the conf. file it stays at 18.
So there is a constant feeling of having low fps until lookin out of the window.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:09 AM, onurair said:

The performance is actually really good. Much better than the fsl320. 
Only the refresh rate of the gauges are annoying. Even when changing it in the conf. file it stays at 18.
So there is a constant feeling of having low fps until lookin out of the window.

Where is this parameter, considering I use P3D v4.3?

It's not in the .CFG file inside PD3\QualityWings

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I think this topic is highly system dependent.

For me personally on an older system with i5-6600k and GTX960 which is certainly not all that powerful, I have better performance on the PMDG aircrafts (747/777/NGX) than the 787. Certainly more smoother in my experience. 

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA