Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

CS757 III v1.1 released

Hey all,

Just a heads up that v1.1 of the CS757 III for P3Dv4 was just released!

I personally have been wanting to get this addon for a while now, primarily to use it as my freighter of choice with FSDT's KMEM and KSDF sceneries. While I know that the freighter expansion hasn't been released yet, I'd be quite interested in getting the base 752 now - depending on how good the plane is now that v1.1 was released. And so, I was hoping some of you that already have this plane could shed some light on how good the addon is, now that it was updated to v1.1? I'm really not looking for a PMDG-type plane, but I do want the functions that were modeled to work properly. Overall, how immersive is this addon?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm also curious to hear the feedback on this patch.

30 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

+1

btw, Benjamin, might be a good idea to change the title from CD757 to CS757 :wink:

Oof, such a silly mistake -.- Unfortunately I can't, unless a moderator could kindly step in...? 😇

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have had this on the shelf ever since it was released. Testing it out right now but I've already have had some weird LNAV waypoint behavior. Performance seems to be much better though.

Having VNAV issues too. The plane ascended fine and then when it reached cruise altitude, the speed plummeted for no reason in VNAV mode even though is shows an ECON SPD of mach 0.779.

Yup already found a major bug.

If you enter a jetway route in the FMC the correct speed/altitude does NOT get assigned by the FMC's VNAV calculations. The result is the jetway waypoints default to a speed of 210 kts. You can manually override these speeds in the FMC but this is a major bug of a very basic feature! Should have been caught in beta testing!

Edited by JasonPC

Hm, well that's disappointing. Fortunately I don't use VNAV that much, typically using FLCH and V/S, but if LNAV has issues, that's a different story. A thought though: the instructions of the update said to uninstall the old version and then reinstall v1.1 rather than installing over the old version. Not to say you didn't do that, but just making sure 🙂 I really want this plane to be good... I love the 757/767 cockpit and really miss flying it! If only a P3Dv4-compatible LDS767 suddenly appeared...

Benjamin van Soldt

I followed the instructions by uninstalling first.

The LNAV issue seems to be that the map doesn't update the magenta line for the current waypoint should you update it in the FMC. But the plane seems to follow the updated waypoint anyway. It just doesn't work like it should. Maybe if you followed a route exactly as typed in from the ground start to finish it would work right, but we all know modifications to routes in the air happen.

Someone on the CS forum says the VNAV problems can be solved by entering a STAR and arrival runway into the flight plan. But still this doesn't behave like the real thing. VNAV should work without a star and runway pre-selected.

Edited by JasonPC

Well that's disappointing, both on the VNAV and LNAV. Though I tend to fly with default ATC so I don't change my route to often 'on the fly', so perhaps I wouldn't run into that issue. But for the times I did, not sure I want to risk being stuck without the changed route being displayed proparly. I guess the wait continues for now...

Curious to hear what other people have to say?

Benjamin van Soldt

You know, between this and the other recent release, it's really quite disappointing in the state these products are released. Very bloody disappointing. I was very excited to buy this once version 1.1 came out and now we get these reports. I mean, bloody hell, how can these basic LNAV/VNAV functions not work. It's not like the above users are trying to fly using obscure, never used methods. The beta process is just a mess. Guess I'll pass on this, again. 

• Like 3

Eric 

I wish there was a good 757 sim on the market.  Still my favorite airliner.  No offense to anyone's hard work but how is this $75?

Edited by TechguyMaxC
  • Like 3

Yet again very disappointing to read on a plane that I have always liked and like Benjamin would enjoy it as a fighter.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I share your all's disappointment. I'm trying, however, to consider the fact we have heard only two reports so far (one here, another one on the CS forums) - they are consistent with each other, but still, an n of 2 is not quite enough to make a convincing argument just yet. Not keeping my hopes up, but perhaps better news will still reach us..?

Benjamin van Soldt

Others are reporting issues with EPR dropping when using derate and VNAV ignoring altitude/speed constraints. Really disappointing because I really think this addon has potential, but it should have not been released in its current state. I don't know how these issues weren't addressed.

I find the a/c quite enjoyable and flyable. It is NOT perfect, it IS software after all but it it more than just acceptable. Unless you are a purist counting every rivet, you will enjoy flying this. Like real a/c, thi9ngs go wrong - deal with them and fly the a/c. I've had several flights where the VNAV worked as expected and several where it didn't. On those, I just took over manually. Visually it's very well done and it handles well.

All in all, I consider it a good purchase.

Vic

• Like 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank heavens I came across this thread. Had an old FSX version which I just shelved and have not been anywhere again near CS products. Having followed the brickbats thrown at them over the years, I thought with the OP's title, this might be a tempter. Not now as I see CS has really not gone any further forwards.

Saved me a buy.