Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

CS757 III v1.1 released

One good thing is CS support seems to be listening and trying to address bugs. They claim to have already have a fix for my VNAV problem.

Like I said I think this has potential and is much different from other Captain Sim products.

Edited by JasonPC

Im not one for posting in forums but since I purchased this aircraft I have been really disappointed.My first reaction was to uninstall it after my first flight it was so buggy, but then I found out there was to be an update to v1.1 which would address a lot of issues. I couldn't wait for the update to be released but after installing the update im pretty gutted to be honest. yes some issues have been fixed/improved but to me it still feels broken. Im sorry to say that because im crying out for a realistic 757 and I was hoping this would be it but its not in my opinion.

Keith

I'll step in as a new user (I've waited for v1.1 before purchase).

I don't use the VNAV function as I mostly use Radar Contact as my ATC program.

However I do encounter major auto-throttle issues (which I've posted in CS forum as well) - I was wondering if anyone is encountering the below issues?

1. The throttle levers jump back and forth when climbing in FLCH mode (quickly, very unrealistic)
2. Auto-throttle and VS mode - when descending using VS mode and using SPD mode when reducing the speed to be maintained during the descend the auto-throttle can not maintain idle thrust - and jumps instantly to max thrust (and back to idle vice versa...) never managing to reduce the thrust to maintain the desired airspeed

Generally I am enjoying the aircraft but I don't think it is yet at a point where is is worth 75$.

My 2 cents

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Hi guys!

You're lucky if you succeeded to install V1.1! I uninstalled the previous version, deleted the  remaining files in P3D, installed the new 1.1 following CaptainSim indications(I mean deactivating the anti-virus, mine is Windows native)but this time the landing gear is not showing! I uninstalled this V1.1, reinstalled the last working version and now the landing is down! What is this mess? I have to report this at CS, but anyway this is very disappointing!

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I found the explanation on CaptainSim forum which is this version is only P3DV4.2 compatible(Mine is V4.1, I reverted back to this one because I could not use the radios with V4.2)

Cheers

Pat

Edited by Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I purchased it when it was first released and now happy with the latest patch.  I have enjoyed products from Captain Sim over the years.  Of course, there will be naysayers and then those, like me, who like this aircraft and the modelling.  It is impossible to satisfy some and those individuals should definitely stay away from flight simulation as, IMHO, they expect way too much!  Thousands will continue to buy products like this and enjoy it.  Some others will continue to try to damage the developer's reputation and business by making it look like they are the experts (why are they not developing something for us?) and they are here to save the community from developers like Captain Sim (a developer who has developed many outstanding products over the years).  We should all sit back and take a deep breath.  IMHO, this is one of the developer's best products and you can see they are trying to fix things that... well, need fixing.  If it doesn't require fixing as suggested by some, they will not fix it.  Will it ever get to being a perfect product?  I doubt it.  I have yet to have seen a perfect aircraft simulation because, if it is perfect in your eyes, some others will make sure it is not perfect in their eyes.  Some things just cannot be simulated properly and, if they can, then those who know, should be contacting the developer and letting him know so he can implement it in the next update (which we already know for a fact, will not be perfect and the developer will have to go back to the drawing board). 

My two-cents worth!  My thanks to all of the developers who do the best they can developing flight simulation products for our enjoyment and education. 

Best regards,

Jim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

47 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I purchased it when it was first released and now happy with the latest patch. [...]  IMHO, this is one of the developer's best products and you can see they are trying to fix things that... well, need fixing. 

Thanks for your contribution Jim! Good to hear that you're happy with the patch. I was wondering if you could shed light on the issues that you think still need to be fixed? A/T jumping back and forth and the magenta route line not adapting to changes made in the FMC are  the type of thing that will probably stop me from getting the plane right now, and I might just hold of until the actual freighter model is released, which is the reason for me to get this plane in the first place. Did you see the same type of problems, or did you notice anything extra perhaps?

To others trying out the patch, I was wondering if you could include a general feeling towards this plane? The problem with this type of thread is that it very quickly amounts to a list of bugs, and what is drowned out is the overall experience and enjoyment that people may or may not get out of the plane. So, how are you liking the plane overall? Through the cracks, I do get a vague feeling that there's more people out there that like this plane rather than not... is that correct...?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

It is impossible to satisfy some and those individuals should definitely stay away from flight simulation as, IMHO, they expect way too much!  Thousands will continue to buy products like this and enjoy it.  Some others will continue to try to damage the developer's reputation and business by making it look like they are the experts (why are they not developing something for us?) and they are here to save the community from developers like Captain Sim (a developer who has developed many outstanding products over the years).  We should all sit back and take a deep breath.  IMHO, this is one of the developer's best products and you can see they are trying to fix things that... well, need fixing.  If it doesn't require fixing as suggested by some, they will not fix it.  Will it ever get to being a perfect product?  I doubt it.  I have yet to have seen a perfect aircraft simulation because, if it is perfect in your eyes, some others will make sure it is not perfect in their eyes.  Some things just cannot be simulated properly and, if they can, then those who know, should be contacting the developer and letting him know so he can implement it in the next update (which we already know for a fact, will not be perfect and the developer will have to go back to the drawing board). 

Asking for very commonly used autopilot functions to work correctly is not expecting to much. If you feel that both of those are unnecessary in a 75 dollar addon then I would submit to you your standards are very low compared to others.. Nobody in here has asked for in-depth stuff similar to PMDG. But working basic autopilot features, ya, we very well have a right to expect that at that price point. 

• Upvote 3

Eric 

33 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

A/T jumping back and forth and the magenta route line not adapting to changes made in the FMC

I did not see this during my just completed flight from KLAX to KSFO.  Like normal simulator piloting, I just entered a SID/STAR, activated weather, and took off and landed.  No problems.  ATC did not tell me to change or enter another waypoint in the flightplan during the flight.  I enjoyed it all.  I do not know if this is new but during pushback at KLAX, the vibrations of the tug caused the VC to shake a little.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Shomron said:

I'll step in as a new user (I've waited for v1.1 before purchase).

I don't use the VNAV function as I mostly use Radar Contact as my ATC program.

However I do encounter major auto-throttle issues (which I've posted in CS forum as well) - I was wondering if anyone is encountering the below issues?

1. The throttle levers jump back and forth when climbing in FLCH mode (quickly, very unrealistic)
2. Auto-throttle and VS mode - when descending using VS mode and using SPD mode when reducing the speed to be maintained during the descend the auto-throttle can not maintain idle thrust - and jumps instantly to max thrust (and back to idle vice versa...) never managing to reduce the thrust to maintain the desired airspeed

Generally I am enjoying the aircraft but I don't think it is yet at a point where is is worth 75$.

My 2 cents

Hey Shomron,

it occurred to me that the A/T behavior you are seeing may be caused by signal noise from a peripheral throttle lever. Next time it happens, you could try disconnecting the lever and see if the behavior persists? Even if that means unplugging the joystick etc, for testing purposes. If the behavior continues, something might be up with the plane, otherwise your lever is probably dying...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

unnecessary in a 75 dollar addon

Now we are getting somewhere!  Yes, the sim costs a few dollars more than in the past but there is such a thing as inflation.  I remember back in 2007 when the costs back then were considered high and everyone expected perfection with those prices.  I can afford to pay $75 as well as many others.  I'm sorry to hear it is too much for others. Being a developer who has learned how to create products like this costs them a lot too because of the education they had to get.  I mean, you just do not grow up and start making aircraft addons without some training.  I do understand how one would expect an expensive addon to be near perfection.  I do not know of any hobby in the world that is not expensive though.  Golf, tennis, football, basketball, hockey are all expensive hobbies to learn and play, some more than others.  But the gratification one gets when they pay the money to learn and enjoy is something special. 

I just happen to like the CS 757 not only for the modelling, the textures, and realism, but for the fact they have modeled the cabin too and it is extremely realistic.  Personally I wish all developers would include a cabin with realistic windows in wingview. 

Eric, I hope you can somehow get this product and enjoy it.  I think many are already.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

These guys are still releasing this garbage? Good lord.  A long time ago I told myself never to buy from CS or Carenado ever again.  I stuck with it and haven’t had the feeling of getting ripped off since.  I mean seriously the original CS 757 for FSX was a nightmare.  U couldn’t trust the auto pilot to do anything right.  They still can’t get it right??

Matt Wilson

11 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Now we are getting somewhere!  Yes, the sim costs a few dollars more than in the past but there is such a thing as inflation.  I remember back in 2007 when the costs back then were considered high and everyone expected perfection with those prices.  I can afford to pay $75 as well as many others.  I'm sorry to hear it is too much for others. Being a developer who has learned how to create products like this costs them a lot too because of the education they had to get.  I mean, you just do not grow up and start making aircraft addons without some training.  I do understand how one would expect an expensive addon to be near perfection.  I do not know of any hobby in the world that is not expensive though.  Golf, tennis, football, basketball, hockey are all expensive hobbies to learn and play, some more than others.  But the gratification one gets when they pay the money to learn and enjoy is something special. 

I just happen to like the CS 757 not only for the modelling, the textures, and realism, but for the fact they have modeled the cabin too and it is extremely realistic.  Personally I wish all developers would include a cabin with realistic windows in wingview. 

Eric, I hope you can somehow get this product and enjoy it.  I think many are already.

Best regards,

Jim

If u enjoy it that is great.  But for 75 dollars I expect the basic functions of the aircraft to function properly.  

• Upvote 2

Matt Wilson

I find the “developers have to recoup costs” argument for high prices especially ironic in this case. Captainsim are based in Ukraine, which has the lowest cost of living in Europe (and, sadly, salaries to correspond). The ratio of product price to development costs in this case is easily several times what you see from PMDG or FSL. $75 goes a long way in Ukraine.

Obviously, Ukrainian programmers should get paid appropriately for quality work, but that gets us back to the original question in this thread...

James

I find it odd when simmers claim something is not "realistic", but unless you are a real world 757 pilot, or a Boeing engineer, how do you it is not?   For example. I have read other threads involving different payware aircraft, where simmers claim the VNAV/LNAV does not act correctly (not descending fast enough\too fast, not following the magenta line, etc.), and then a real world pilot will chime in and say these issues also happen with the real aircraft, and the pilot may have to intervene to stay on target.  Then the developers are pressured to fix these "bugs" to appease the customers.  I have flown the CS757, and I like it a lot.  If it does struggle with any portions of the automated flight. I will make adjustments to get back on course, I as imagine a real pilot would.  And I have yet to see any study-level payware (PMDG, FSLabs, Leonardo, TFDI) aircraft follow LNAV\VNAY, Autothrottle, etc, without ever having an issue.  I think the OP would enjoy the aircraft and the challenge it may present on any given flight.

That is what makes this hobby interesting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan