Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

CS757 III v1.1 released

5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Hey Shomron,

it occurred to me that the A/T behavior you are seeing may be caused by signal noise from a peripheral throttle lever. Next time it happens, you could try disconnecting the lever and see if the behavior persists? Even if that means unplugging the joystick etc, for testing purposes. If the behavior continues, something might be up with the plane, otherwise your lever is probably dying...

I don't think this is the issue since I've never experienced this before.

Weird thing is the problem does not reproduce consistently.

By the way I am using a pretty simple Logitech joystick with a built-in lever.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

13 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

These guys are still releasing this garbage? Good lord.  A long time ago I told myself never to buy from CS or Carenado ever again.  I stuck with it and haven’t had the feeling of getting ripped off since.  I mean seriously the original CS 757 for FSX was a nightmare.  U couldn’t trust the auto pilot to do anything right.  They still can’t get it right??

With FSX I have flown many flights with the CS 757. With P3V2 I also used it as my main aircraft.

Never had these auto pilot issues. In the beginning there were VNAV issues but after 2 updates it worked perfectly on my system.

This was the first aircraft where you could program a dme airc ( DTMB ) .

I visited their forum a lot and always the same people complained about the same autopilot issues. Did it ever occur to you that spikes coming from yokes/pedals might cause auto pilot issues ? That a less stable Windows , caused by installed hardware/software have their influence.

Carbage ? Then everybody would have major issues and not some have and others none. 

You really do not know what you are writing about ....

B757%20over%20Gchem.jpg

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, Shomron said:

I don't think this is the issue since I've never experienced this before.

Weird thing is the problem does not reproduce consistently.

By the way I am using a pretty simple Logitech joystick with a built-in lever.

Well, any kind of lever, button or switch can cause issues, and it doesn't need to happen every single time, nor will every airplane react the same. I'd still recommend testing it out given the fact that it's just a matter of unplugging your joystick next time it happens. If it doesn't solve it you can just plug it right back in and everything will be fine. If you don't test it, you'll never know, right?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

54 minutes ago, GSalden said:

With FSX I have flown many flights with the CS 757. With P3V2 I also used it as my main aircraft.

So are you also using the P3Dv4 version? It sounds like you have encountered no issues whatsoever, is that the case?

Still on the fence here, so any useful comment by people that own the plane with regards to flying experience are helpful. Though by now it's likely that I'll wait until the freighter expansion model itself is released, still looking to buy it now (or soon) if it seems I should be fine.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hi Benjamin ,

With P3Dv3 I switched to the iFly 737 NG Cockpitbuilders Edition and 1,5 years later to Prosim , which I still use.

Regarding issues , with my first CS757 for FSX I found the descent speed too fast , so I slightly changed the flightdynamics and put a dl link at the CS forum..

regards

Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Never had these auto pilot issues. In the beginning there were VNAV issues but after 2 updates it worked perfectly on my system.

This was the first aircraft where you could program a dme airc ( DTMB ) .

I visited their forum a lot and always the same people complained about the same autopilot issues. Did it ever occur to you that spikes coming from yokes/pedals might cause auto pilot issues ? That a less stable Windows , caused by installed hardware/software have their influence.

Carbage ? Then everybody would have major issues and not some have and others none. 

You really do not know what you are writing about ....

B757%20over%20Gchem.jpg

So I suppose u never encountered the famous autopilot s turn issue from the original in FSX? It would eventually nose dive into the ground if left alone.  Yes I do understand that individual pc setups can cause a lot of the issues.  However the same developers consistently release software with painfully obvious issues.  More developers need to follow TFDI’s lead.  When they released the 717 it was heavily burdened with issues.  What did they do?  They swallowed there pride, admitted fault, listened to the customer, and turned it into a stellar aircraft.  Is that to much to ask for?

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

29 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Hi Benjamin ,

With P3Dv3 I switched to the iFly 737 NG Cockpitbuilders Edition and 1,5 years later to Prosim , which I still use.

Regarding issues , with my first CS757 for FSX I found the descent speed too fast , so I slightly changed the flightdynamics and put a dl link at the CS forum..

regards

Gerard

Hi Gerard, thanks for your reply. Kind of cool that you simply changed it to fit the way you wanted it to fly!

I've come to understand from reading the QW forums regarding their 757 that the 757 in general is a slippery plane that doesn't particularly like to slow down. If that's the only issue you encountered, then that doesn't sound too bad to me.

Stuff like this makes for an interesting read: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2013/10/20/1242999/-Flying-the-757

"The big one is - this plane simply will not go down and slow down at the same time. You can have one or the other, you pick. It has a skinny fuselage, a very efficient wing and engines that produce a fair bit of thrust even in idle."

So all people saying that it goes way to fast - that seems to be the correct behavior for this airplane! It does seem like it may have been excessive prior to 1.1, but currently it seems to be much improved. As an aside, I like that guy's line on the slow processor of the FMS - "The FMS is a generation or so behind what newer airliners have. It works well enough but the processor is pretty slow. If you throw too many changes in it can "go stupid" for a while as it churns through the calculations." Something like that is not an issue on our modern simming rigs, but I never realized that older planes have older computers!

BTW, does CS have any plan on modeling the retrofit? the QW757 always had it - pretty cool if you ask me. If I remember correctly, QW was looking into bringing it to P3Dv4, so it might be worthwhile looking into that when the time comes.

Benjamin van Soldt

31 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Hi Gerard, thanks for your reply. Kind of cool that you simply changed it to fit the way you wanted it to fly!

I've come to understand from reading the QW forums regarding their 757 that the 757 in general is a slippery plane that doesn't particularly like to slow down. If that's the only issue you encountered, then that doesn't sound too bad to me.

Stuff like this makes for an interesting read: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2013/10/20/1242999/-Flying-the-757

"The big one is - this plane simply will not go down and slow down at the same time. You can have one or the other, you pick. It has a skinny fuselage, a very efficient wing and engines that produce a fair bit of thrust even in idle."

So all people saying that it goes way to fast - that seems to be the correct behavior for this airplane! It does seem like it may have been excessive prior to 1.1, but currently it seems to be much improved. As an aside, I like that guy's line on the slow processor of the FMS - "The FMS is a generation or so behind what newer airliners have. It works well enough but the processor is pretty slow. If you throw too many changes in it can "go stupid" for a while as it churns through the calculations." Something like that is not an issue on our modern simming rigs, but I never realized that older planes have older computers!

BTW, does CS have any plan on modeling the retrofit? the QW757 always had it - pretty cool if you ask me. If I remember correctly, QW was looking into bringing it to P3Dv4, so it might be worthwhile looking into that when the time comes.

Cool link thanks!

56 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

So I suppose u never encountered the famous autopilot s turn issue from the original in FSX? It would eventually nose dive into the ground if left alone.  Yes I do understand that individual pc setups can cause a lot of the issues.  However the same developers consistently release software with painfully obvious issues.  More developers need to follow TFDI’s lead.  When they released the 717 it was heavily burdened with issues.  What did they do?  They swallowed there pride, admitted fault, listened to the customer, and turned it into a stellar aircraft.  Is that to much to ask for?

Can you elaborate on the diving issue? I've posted a similar issue in the CS forum yesterday - 

"Another major issue I've managed to reproduce quite easily is A/P VS going out of control - if the plane is descending and capturing the target altitude (<300 ft from the target altitude) and you change the target altitude to an updated lower altitude the plane will start diving instead of maintaining the current exact VS.
Important to emphasize this issue happens only during ALT capture"

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

43 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Cool link thanks!

Can you elaborate on the diving issue? I've posted a similar issue in the CS forum yesterday - 

"Another major issue I've managed to reproduce quite easily is A/P VS going out of control - if the plane is descending and capturing the target altitude (<300 ft from the target altitude) and you change the target altitude to an updated lower altitude the plane will start diving instead of maintaining the current exact VS.
Important to emphasize this issue happens only during ALT capture"

The issue I had was related to LNAV.  The autopilot would overcorrect till the bank angle was so extreme that it could not maintain altitude.  Doesn’t sound like it is related to your issue. 

Matt Wilson

18 hours ago, exeodus said:

I find it odd when simmers claim something is not "realistic", but unless you are a real world 757 pilot, or a Boeing engineer, how do you it is not?

Spot on Alan.  I replied to a post commenting on the very same thing.  I've been a beta tester on a couple of some of the big titles, albeit a few years ago now, and I recall one of the RL Pilots on the team saying, and I quote ' I wish the real thing was as good as this at VNAV descents.  We often, on the very rare occasions we get to use it, have to step in and give it a hand'.  Sloppy VNAV' , 'Sluggish turns' all from someone who would probably has never flown a circuit in a 152 in his simming life.  'Wot, no autopilot!'  Sorry guys, it's one of my real peeves.

Maybe i'm just getting old 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm happy with the airplane.  My issue now w/ this update is the airplane bouncing.  They keep saying it's a FPS issue but I don't think so.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Yeah I have the same bouncing. They say it's an FPS problem but it's not. The plane is physically bumping and slightly moving around. You could even see the heading changing back and forth one on my setup, even with the in-game FPS limiter as they suggested.

Not seeing any bouncing here guys.

13 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm happy with the airplane.  My issue now w/ this update is the airplane bouncing.  They keep saying it's a FPS issue but I don't think so.

13 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Yeah I have the same bouncing. They say it's an FPS problem but it's not. The plane is physically bumping and slightly moving around. You could even see the heading changing back and forth one on my setup, even with the in-game FPS limiter as they suggested.

Probably a moot suggesiton, but here goes: Any one of you using EZDok v2 per chance? If I have any bouncing in any aircraft, it's because the EZDok profile I'm using has somehow reset itself and turned engine vibrations back on. I always turn it off for any of my jetliners as it just seems terribly unrealistic that a jetliner would vibrate like that. Unless, of course, I don't understand exactly what you mean by 'bouncing'...

Benjamin van Soldt

My biggest disappointment has been the issue with the EPR dropping during the takeoff roll. I thought this was a big enough issue that it would've been fixed with this release. Does anyone have a workaround for this or a way to minimize this issue?

Thanks,