Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

CS757 III v1.1 released

Yes I am using ezdok. I haven't tried tweaking the settings yet to see if that is causing it. But all engines can be off and it will still happen. 

6 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Yes I am using ezdok. I haven't tried tweaking the settings yet to see if that is causing it. But all engines can be off and it will still happen. 

Yes, even with engines off I found it can still happen. EZDok v2 has a whole host of extra features that I've yet to understand, but I think I managed to stop my PMDG 737NGX from vibrating all over the place by turning off the engine vibrations as well as turning down the ground friction settings in the EZDok studio, using the Edit Parameters window pane (or something similar). Give it a try and see if the CS757 stops vibrating after that?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Some people who don't have ezdok are reporting it as well. Sometimes I don't see it shaking at all. Just did another flight with no signs of it whatsoever. I did clear my shader cache but that's the only difference.

I see, then I wouldn’t know. Hope they can figure out what’s causing it!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Haven't tried clearing shader cache (how do you do that again?).  I'm not running ezdok or any similar programs.  I'm a little bummed the developer doesn't seem to understand what's happening.  Can someone send them a video?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The bouncing happened to me again after landing. I even tried completely disabling ezdok and it still happened. But it only happens sometimes. It's just a minor annoyance. I think it has something to do with the gear suspension. The 757 is very high off of the ground and the suspension is just bouncy in nature.

Despite having to work around some bugs, I am enjoying this plane. I have found vnav to work very well vs the previous version. Yes speed brakes are needed sometimes, but they are also often needed in the pmdg 737 as well depending on the wind. I last had a flight where I didn't need to use them at all and vnav descended perfectly and abided by all of the altitude restrictions. Sometimes some manual intervention is needed to limit to speed restrictions, but hey that's why you're flying the plane and not just watching it fly.

How dose the 757 compare with the Quality Wings 787? I'm looking for a plane for my PREPARED v4.

QW's by far a better choice over CS!!   You're comparing apples to potatoes.  Big difference!

• Upvote 1

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

I’m pretty torn on this. I had the qw 757 on v3 and it was ok. I can’t deicde if I want to wait for the cheap port over or try the CS version. It seems most people like it and they’re working on the bugs so if they keep working it might be worth $75. Eh.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

6 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

I’m pretty torn on this. I had the qw 757 on v3 and it was ok. I can’t deicde if I want to wait for the cheap port over or try the CS version. It seems most people like it and they’re working on the bugs so if they keep working it might be worth $75. Eh.

Isn't the QW version lighter in terms of complexity? Are the 2 models comparable?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

27 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Isn't the QW version lighter in terms of complexity? Are the 2 models comparable?

I don't know how the old CS 757 was but this one looks to be much more complex from what I've read.  I'm just wondering if the extra $60 is worth it for the new CS version which is no doubt better and more complex.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

The old QW version of the 757 was extremely light and was not to my liking. It was basically a default plane made to look like the 757 with some very basic FMC support. It relied on the default autopilot mechanics if I remember correctly.

The post above was asking about the QW 787 which is completely different and sophisticatedly modelled. I would say it depends what you are looking for. The QW 787 definitely has bugs too. If you want to try a plane with the most modern looking EICAS/FMC/etc. available go with the 787.

If you want a plane that combines a more manual/hands on kind of flying with 80s/90s era systems go with the 757.

Performance wise the 787 is better.

Bugs in terms of CTD I think the 757 is better.

Bugs in terms of system models I think the 787 is better.

Sound wise I think actually the 757 is better which is unusual for Captain Sim but they did a good job with this one.

Hand flying I find the 787 to be better but that's my opinion.

Thanks for the info. on the 787 verses the 757.

Hi:

Can someone who is experiencing the bouncing take a video and post it to their forum please.  I'm not sure how do this and they aren't understanding the bouncing issue.  

Secondly, how do you clear shader cache.

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home