Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

CS757 III v1.1 released

2 hours ago, JasonPC said:

They definitely fixed my VNAV issues and so far no bouncing.

Their team deserves some credit for a fast turnaround. They actually e-mailed me a link to the beta hotfix a couple days ago but I couldn't get it to download.

From a stability point of view I think this is more solid than the QW787 right now. I still get some CTD and issues with the FMC on the 787 like waypoints getting out of order I entered them in and then CTD when I try to fix it.

I agree.  I think the 757 is pretty darn good after this most recent hotfix.

W/ regards to the 787 CTD JasonPC, check-out the 787 thread 

post 268 that MIGHT offer some help.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I haven’t tried hf3 yet but assuming all of these issues are indeed fixed my last concern is the performance -

This is the only aircraft in which I am not able to reach 30 FPS even when in cruise. I can reach an average of 25 FPS in cruise and it can go do down to an average of 15 FPS in complex airports. But although the FPS is relatively low it is fluid and I don’t encounter stutters.

Whats your take on the performance?

(specs in my sig)

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Hf3 makes this a pretty encouraging buy. 

Eric 

8 hours ago, Shomron said:

I haven’t tried hf3 yet but assuming all of these issues are indeed fixed my last concern is the performance -

This is the only aircraft in which I am not able to reach 30 FPS even when in cruise. I can reach an average of 25 FPS in cruise and it can go do down to an average of 15 FPS in complex airports. But although the FPS is relatively low it is fluid and I don’t encounter stutters.

Whats your take on the performance?

(specs in my sig)

I tested at FB KMSP in the NGX and the 757 and I didn't really notice any difference.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Hf3 makes this a pretty encouraging buy. 

Agreed... Very tempted to bite the bullet.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm looking to buy the CS but I haven't found any reviews on whether 1.2 has been a significant improvement or not. Especially when it comes to the autopilot and autothrottle. 

-Angelo Busato

Does this aircraft have a decent manual save panel state feature? That is now essential for me.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, killairbus said:

I'm looking to buy the CS but I haven't found any reviews on whether 1.2 has been a significant improvement or not. Especially when it comes to the autopilot and autothrottle. 

-Angelo Busato

I've done several flights for my VA as well as test flights with the 757 III. I've noted down all things that I noticed weren't (or seemed to be) not quite right:

- the airplane is only really able to hold planned cruise speed when you're at or very close to the optimum flight level. As soon as you're about ~ 1000ft above/below that it will fly slower than the target speed (e.g. .764 instead of .794). Close to the maximum flight level it will actually continually lose speed so you don't wanna be flying at that level.

- F/D doesn't command V2+10 to 20 after takeoff. Following it will make you overshoot that speed by a large margin.

- climb thrust is rated higher than takeoff thrust. When engaging VNAV at accel height thrust will increase significantly instead of decrease and you actually have to pull the nose up.

- I get erroneous caution warnings after starting each engine with the correct starting procedure.

- there are no low pressure lights when the center tank is empty.

- stab trim value calculated by the FMC is completely off. I have to set the stab trim about one whole unit above that, otherwise the airplane will be completely out of trim on takeoff.

- the A/T disconnect light is illuminated at all times (though I'm not sure if that's right or wrong).

- calculating the takeoff with TOPCAT will make me almost overrun the runway end. TOPCAT gives me an EPR of 1.27, the FMC gives me 1.33 with the same assumed temp/derate. Logically, with that higher EPR I should actually need even less runway but it's the opposite, I always need much more and on my last takeoff I rotated just 500ft off the runway end and triggered various terrain warnings. I don't think TOPCAT is wrong here.

- upon starting descent, I have to apply speedbrake to help the airplane stay at planned descent speed, otherwise it will go near overspeed (haven't checked if it actually goes into overspeed). It will then reduce thrust and I can stow the speedbrake.

- I can't seem to open the speed window when VNAV is engaged to alter speed manually by pressing SEL on the MCP.

VNAV works fine, switch to FLCH or similar when closing in on final flying a STAR though because things can get a bit out of hand. I didn't dare to fly the RNAV into 27 at KSAN using VNAV.

These are the major things I've noticed, some of them are actually seriously compromising safety (if it were a real airplane). One minor thing e.g. is the flap indicator jumping from UP to 1 instead of advancing slowly.

It's a nice airplane at this time with lots of potential, don't take this too negatively. I'm however a bit angry that we are in mid-October and several hotfixes and two major updates have been released and there are still things wrong which are fundamental parts of the airplane, like the stab trim value being wrong (it's wrong in the manual too, btw) or the discrepancy in cruise speed. It's back grounded in my hangar for maintenance to look at until v1.3 hopefully puts an end to this and I can fully enjoy this without drawbacks. V1.2 is a significant improvement though.  

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Does this aircraft have a decent manual save panel state feature? That is now essential for me.

It does. You can set up the cockpit to your liking and then go to the FMC and save the current panel state. Later you can select it in the custom panel state menu in the FMC.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

It's a good airplane.  The VNAV during decent has issues and so does Flex T/O.  I've posted my issues on their support page but haven't received any feedback.  Besides that, works great.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

10 hours ago, threegreen said:

I've done several flights for my VA as well as test flights with the 757 III. I've noted down all things that I noticed weren't (or seemed to be) not quite right:

- the airplane is only really able to hold planned cruise speed when you're at or very close to the optimum flight level. As soon as you're about ~ 1000ft above/below that it will fly slower than the target speed (e.g. .764 instead of .794). Close to the maximum flight level it will actually continually lose speed so you don't wanna be flying at that level.

- F/D doesn't command V2+10 to 20 after takeoff. Following it will make you overshoot that speed by a large margin.

- climb thrust is rated higher than takeoff thrust. When engaging VNAV at accel height thrust will increase significantly instead of decrease and you actually have to pull the nose up.

- I get erroneous caution warnings after starting each engine with the correct starting procedure.

- there are no low pressure lights when the center tank is empty.

- stab trim value calculated by the FMC is completely off. I have to set the stab trim about one whole unit above that, otherwise the airplane will be completely out of trim on takeoff.

- the A/T disconnect light is illuminated at all times (though I'm not sure if that's right or wrong).

- calculating the takeoff with TOPCAT will make me almost overrun the runway end. TOPCAT gives me an EPR of 1.27, the FMC gives me 1.33 with the same assumed temp/derate. Logically, with that higher EPR I should actually need even less runway but it's the opposite, I always need much more and on my last takeoff I rotated just 500ft off the runway end and triggered various terrain warnings. I don't think TOPCAT is wrong here.

- upon starting descent, I have to apply speedbrake to help the airplane stay at planned descent speed, otherwise it will go near overspeed (haven't checked if it actually goes into overspeed). It will then reduce thrust and I can stow the speedbrake.

- I can't seem to open the speed window when VNAV is engaged to alter speed manually by pressing SEL on the MCP.

VNAV works fine, switch to FLCH or similar when closing in on final flying a STAR though because things can get a bit out of hand. I didn't dare to fly the RNAV into 27 at KSAN using VNAV.

These are the major things I've noticed, some of them are actually seriously compromising safety (if it were a real airplane). One minor thing e.g. is the flap indicator jumping from UP to 1 instead of advancing slowly.

It's a nice airplane at this time with lots of potential, don't take this too negatively. I'm however a bit angry that we are in mid-October and several hotfixes and two major updates have been released and there are still things wrong which are fundamental parts of the airplane, like the stab trim value being wrong (it's wrong in the manual too, btw) or the discrepancy in cruise speed. It's back grounded in my hangar for maintenance to look at until v1.3 hopefully puts an end to this and I can fully enjoy this without drawbacks. V1.2 is a significant improvement though.  

It does. You can set up the cockpit to your liking and then go to the FMC and save the current panel state. Later you can select it in the custom panel state menu in the FMC.

Yeah I'll hold off until a new version comes out but if I had a total guarantee by Captain Sim that all of the issues you listed will be addressed, I'd be willing to buy it and hold until an update comes out as an incentive for them to fix these issues. 

Thanks for the detailed response!

-Angelo Busato

Edited by killairbus

8 hours ago, killairbus said:

Yeah I'll hold off until a new version comes out but if I had a total guarantee by Captain Sim that all of the issues you listed will be addressed, I'd be willing to buy it and hold until an update comes out as an incentive for them to fix these issues. 

Thanks for the detailed response!

-Angelo Busato

They're doing a great job actually regarding bug tracking. Many (too many) bugs have been reported in their bug tracking forum and they comment on most and take many into their list of things to be fixed. Most will actually get fixed. I just wish they would fix some major bugs with more urgency or hadn't released the airplane in a buggy state in the first place.

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

They're doing a great job actually regarding bug tracking. Many (too many) bugs have been reported in their bug tracking forum and they comment on most and take many into their list of things to be fixed. Most will actually get fixed. I just wish they would fix some major bugs with more urgency or hadn't released the airplane in a buggy state in the first place.

I wish they would fix the performance.  It is worse for performance compared to any other plane I have. 

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Perhaps the minor ones are easier to fix and that's what the hotfixes address? Any way I'd be reassuring if they just made it clear how they're prioritizing the bugs

-Angelo Busato

2 hours ago, killairbus said:

Perhaps the minor ones are easier to fix and that's what the hotfixes address? Any way I'd be reassuring if they just made it clear how they're prioritizing the bugs

-Angelo Busato

Probably. But if there are more significant bugs that can't be fixed easily they should have worked that out before releasing the airplane.

• Upvote 1

I'm not as particular as you guys so glad they released it as it could be years before all the issues are fixed to everyone's satisfaction.  For me, one of my favorite aircraft.  I just completed a flight from KLAX to KSFO and had a perfect landing on 28L.  In the past I have come in short of the runway and crashed but today it was perfect.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10