Sign in to follow this  
rooitou

v0.4.204 broke my FSX default views

Flew FSX after a few months' lapse and ChasePlane did 2 updates, first to v0.3.74 and then to v0.4.204. I did get a chance to fly around after the first update v0.3.74 and all was well.

However, after it updated to v0.4.204, my default FSX views didn't work anymore. For example the joystick keybind for "next category" (S-key on keyboard) would jump directly to the Chaseplane exterior view and I'm therefore unable to use the "next in category" view (A key on keyboard). The view would stay stuck on the Chaseplane exterior view and I would be unable to cycle the various views with the A key/joystick assignment. I checked all the ChasePlane and FSX key and button assignments and cannot see any conflict. Changing back to version v0.3.74 fixed everything.

I'm now a bit weary of the v0.4 update which seems inevitable, as it will surely break my views again. What has changed in terms of keybindings from v0.3.74 to v0.4.204? Perhaps if I understand what that change is, I can manage and fix it?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

We changed the category in which our cameras are inserted, resulting in this change.

While we do not support default FSX views, we understand some of them aren't replicable or available in ChasePlane.

We recommend assigning those views directly in FSX with individual assignments instead of relying on the "Next Category" assignments. Here's a list of those assignments and what they mean:

If you assign View camera 1 (select), when you press the button you will go to the On-Board (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 2 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Cockpit view
If you assign View camera 3 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Locked Spot view
If you assign View camera 4 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Top-Down view
If you assign View camera 5 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Static (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 6 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Outside (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 8 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Gimbal (ChasePlane) view

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven, I will give this a try. I still use the default views a lot as I constantly chop and change aircraft and it is a huge pain in the backside to set up views in Chaseplane every time for every new freeware aircraft I try out just for a few minutes. I'm not a YouTuber who wants to showcase videos, I just want quick, preferably instant, set of views when I load a new aircraft and really don't have the time or patience to sit and fiddle with menus or load other people's setups and then having to tweak them to my liking.

Besides the obvious VC view which is relatively painless to setup in ChasePlane, my other favourite is the default FSX external views and flyby. In FSX it is a simple tap of the "S" key for external, followed by "A" for flyby and that is the same for every aircraft, absolutely zero setup time required. Please don't ever suppress that capability in your product.

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit