Sign in to follow this  
chris512

Chaseplane Affecting G-Sync?

Hi,

I have my frames for P3D locked at 40fps with Dxtory. When I open P3D and turn on the Frame Monitor for P3D and open the G-Sync COunter on my monitor, I can see tey are both displaying 40fps.

When I then start Chaseplane, my P3D monitor stays displaying 40fps, but the monitor G-Sync counter goes up to 80fps.

Does anyone have any idea why? My sim is so much better with G-Sync working correctly.

This might be happening because of the ChasePlane user Interface. We have not introduced any support for G-Sync at this time.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I don't have a G-Sync monitor myself, I don't even know if ChasePlane factually affects it but from what I heard from people with G-Sync monitor, it's a real b*** to get working right.

From the 15 minutes research I made on the topic, it doesn't look promising. I'll continue my research and update accordingly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Is it also doing it if you put your sim in windowed mode?

I don't seem to be having the problem...

Edited by LB777

I dont have that problem also, dont understant why do you lock your frames with G-sync.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

17 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

I dont have that problem also, dont understant why do you lock your frames with G-sync.

If I don't lock my frames, P3D is working much harder to produce frames I don't need. 40fps with G-Sync is a great experience, I lock the frames and give the CPU more overhead to process other things like complicated systems on the FS Labs for example.

19 hours ago, LB777 said:

Is it also doing it if you put your sim in windowed mode?

I don't seem to be having the problem...

Yeah it still does it in Windowed mode. I would expect to see that to be honest. As far as I know, P3D Fullscreen is just Borderless Windowed mode anyway, not true Fullscreen.

Alright mea culpa... I've tried capping my framerate with DxTory and I do have the exact same issue.

There's something seriously weird going on there. If I cap the framerate using the P3D limiter (say to 40fps), it works as long as I don't move my mouse. As soon as I move it the monitor refresh rate jumps back to around 60-80Hz (which seems to be the framerate I would have if fps were not capped). It does this regardless of whether Chaseplane runs or not.

If you have it I guess you could try limiting your fps with MSI Afterburner (or any other software you know that can do it). Can't really offer more help I'm afraid 😕

6 minutes ago, LB777 said:

Alright mea culpa... I've tried capping my framerate with DxTory and I do have the exact same issue.

There's something seriously weird going on there. If I cap the framerate using the P3D limiter (say to 40fps), it works as long as I don't move my mouse. As soon as I move it the monitor refresh rate jumps back to around 60-80Hz (which seems to be the framerate I would have if fps were not capped). It does this regardless of whether Chaseplane runs or not.

If you have it I guess you could try limiting your fps with MSI Afterburner (or any other software you know that can do it). Can't really offer more help I'm afraid 😕

I'll have a go with MSI Afterburner then. Thanks.

With Afterburner I get the change in G-Sync with the Mouse Movement also. It'd be good to find out if this all happens with the Pro version of P3D v4.2. I'm on the Academic version, and I've read on several sites that the Watermark in the top right is put there by a second transparent window. I wonder if that might be causing it?

Have you tried adding the Chaseplane.exe to Nvidia / Profile Inspector, then specifically disabling G-Sync for that?

I also suggest you use the above software to limit your framerate. RTSS that comes with MSI Afterburner is more accurate but has a bigger CPU hit, plus it can cause issues with some planes. I had a nasty stutter issue with PMDG planes hovering over the screens.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB