Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

pmdg 747 v3 cold and dark problem

hi (again), since yesterday i started using the pmdg 747 v3 in cold and dark mode. but i cant make pilot2atc connect right to it. the problem is with the frequencies of the radio.

i connect to the simulator, i see my plane on the map in the right position, when i go to nearby freqs page, i see them right but when i click on one, in the stby freq i get a number which is not right. 

for example in lgsa airport, the atis freq is 130.17 and i get 136.975. the same happens with the gnd the twr etc. i always get 136.975.

when i use the plane in the default mode, ready to take off, everything is working right. i also tried to put the freqs inside the plane, i see them right on the panel of the radio, but they dont change in pilot2atc.

the problem is with the stby freq because when i face this problem if i disconect and connect again then i get the atis right and i hear the msg. but when i try to change to any other freq (twr, gnd) i always get the 136.975 freq. even if i go back to atis again.

any ideas ?

thank you !!

Nikos Kasimatis

more observations: lets say i start the plane in default condition. pilot2atc freqs work perfectly. now, without disconecting, i change to cold and dark. freqs dont work. then again, without disconecting, i load again default, freqs work !!

Nikos Kasimatis

sorry to write more 🙂 i also did another test: started the plane in default state, switched it off, to dark and cold state, manually. i followed the tutorial of pmdg. then i started it back and again i lost contact with pilot2atc. 

when i do everything step by step, the last moment pilot2atc loses the freqs is when i turn off the battery (without external power of course). if that moment ext pwr exist, everything is ok.

but when i cut off the electrical power to the plane, the freq in pilot2atc change to 136.975 and does never come back. i have to load default state.

Nikos Kasimatis

Pilot2ATC senses if the power is on for the radios.  So the radios will not work unless the plane is powered up or has external power applied.  Each plane is different, but in P2A, if the Power indicator is Red, it means there is no power to the radios. 

If you want the radios to work without power, you can check the two options in Config to "Ignore the Battery Switch" and "Ignore the Avionics Switch".

Dave

hi dave ! thanks for your answer. i am not sure if i understood right what you wrote (sorry my english...). or maybe i didnt replicate the problem right:

i give power to the plane. it is working fine. it even ... fly 🙂 but the problem is that the radio on pilot2atcget the freq 136.975 (all of the radios, atis, grd, twr) and it never work again.

the radio on the plane, works fine but whatever freq i give it, it doesnt pass to pilot2atc. pilot2atc remains at 136.975

this happens only if i start the pmdg 747 v3 from start and cold. if i start it with the default state everything is working.

and thanks for the work around, i will try it 🙂

Nikos Kasimatis

hi again. unfortunately not even the walkaround works: when i start the plane in cold and dark state, even if the ignore avionics switch or/and the ignore battery switch are checked, the radio on pilot2atc gets always the 136.975 freq.

for dave: do you have pmdg 747 v3 to replicate the situation?

thanks

Nikos Kasimatis

i found the solution !! (i think) but i dont have much time to test it. when we shut down the plane (or we start from cold and start) everything is switched off. the plane is at 0 state.

we switch on the battery or the external power unit and we have the 1st electronics work in the plane, together with the radio

the radio starts with vhf l button, light on.

if we try to get a radio freq by pilot2atc at that moment, whatever it happens we get 136.975 freq.

but if we switch on the radio volume of vhf l, 1st arrow in the row there, then the pilot2atc gets the right freq !!!!

Nikos Kasimatis

I have only the PMDG 737 NGX.  When started cold and dark, the Power indicator is Red.  When I turn on the battery in the aircraft, the Power indicator turns Green and the radios work correctly.

Once the power comes on and the Avionics/Radios are on, you should be able to change the radio frequency.  If you try and change the frequency while the SIM is paused, or while the radios are not operative, the frequency will not change. 

Glad you found the solution for the 747.

Dave