Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Cabin Announcements in PMDG's Aircrafts

Is there plans to add Cabin Announcements to PMDG's aircrafs like QWPAS of the QualityWings 787 or like what FSLabs did ??? 

Honestly.

I think it's of very little interest to have such things, as they are apparently not heard in the cockpit in the first place or very muted, in the FSLabs you need to turn the PA volume to hear them. In the QW787 they play nonetheless but it's probably not that way in reality. Also it's very little in the A320 as I think it's only the Safety briefing if I remember correctly. QW has other stuff but it can be weird like the captain making the announcement at cruise altitude expecting a smooth trip, while you know there will be thunderstorms or severe weather that could rock the plane 🙂

I think the best is what is done right now with FS2crew which adds the virtual copilot as well as some crew coming in to say the cabin is ready, or to provide loadsheet which are actually the stuff that really happen 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, itay5344 said:

Is there plans to add Cabin Announcements to PMDG's aircrafs like QWPAS of the QualityWings 787 or like what FSLabs did ??? 

Doubtful. I think this feature is overplayed, honestly. It's muffled at best unless you have the door open, or are listening in, some other way.

Kyle Rodgers

When I took off with the doors open (yes, yes, stupid I know) it would have been nice if the cabin staff started to beat on the door or call the cockpit to mention this.....also another time (OK, I guess it's a good thing I'm not a real pilot) the cabin pressure dropped to the point I think I would have killed the passengers....or another time where I believe I let them all freeze to death.....I'll stop here...

But from a realism perspective, the eyes in the cabin are priceless for when things don't go right.

Lastly, given the number of folks that seem to go beserk on airplanes lately, getting a cabin call for an unruly passenger every great once in a while could be interesting...."Yes, Captain, another fool who seems to think they can get the door open...we have him taped to the chair but we should likely divert...."

Mark Trainer

12 hours ago, mtrainer said:

When I took off with the doors open (yes, yes, stupid I know) it would have been nice if the cabin staff started to beat on the door or call the cockpit to mention this

The plane doesn't have warnings for this?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

If it did Kevin, I missed it.  I know I should have reviewed the FMC, or at least taken a look at the aircraft from an outside perspective, but if I recall I was loading up a saved flight and forgot the doors were all open.

If there is an alarm that was supposed to go off, I didn't get it.  Kyle pointed out in another thread that in real life you'd certainly hear the wind noise from such a thing (at some point), but it isn't modeled.

On the PIC 767 it was nice to hear the cabin crew call up saying it was either to hot or to cold in the cabin.

Kind of made me feel like I wasn't completely alone in the plane.

It would be interesting to take it to the next level....

"Captain, you word not allowed, the doors are all still open!"

"Captain, that was the scariest landing I've experienced in 20 years!"

"Captain, everyone that ordered the fish is sick!"

I started to investigate FSPassengers a while back, but for 2018 I'm deliberately trying to keep the number of add-ons to a minimum (ORBX stuff, Chaseplane, Active Sky, REX, PDMG not withstanding...I consider each of those critical).

Mark Trainer

• Like 1

I think there are indications for this. Depends on the aircraft as well.

Also somehow the difference is in real life the pilots are not responsible for opening/closing the doors, they can only check on a synoptic (747/777) or indicator lights (737). I think in any case you would start in all cases getting some warning when reaching about 10 000 feets as the cabin altitude warning would most likely start 😉

I want the Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant addon.  The one that after I make a hard landing, the flight attendant comes on the cabin intercom and says,

"Please remain seated with your seat belts fastened while Captain Kangaroo bounces our airplane the rest of the way to the gate."

• Like 2

Rick Ryan