Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

Tutorial #2 and Fuel Calculation

I have now my 777 installed and the tutorial flight performed. I have now two questions:

a) The tutorial #1 makes reference to a Tutorial #2: where can I find it?

b) Is there any application to calculate the fuel to be loaded, or should we only rely on the rough estimate of about 8000Kg per flight hour?

Regards,

Domingos

Edited by dnunes
grammatical error

33 minutes ago, dnunes said:

I have now my 777 installed and the tutorial flight performed. I have now two questions:

a) The tutorial #1 makes reference to a Tutorial #2: where can I find it?

b) Is there any application to calculate the fuel to be loaded, or should we only rely on the rough estimate of about 8000Kg per flight hour?

Regards,

Domingos

Howdy Domingos, please note that PMDG has a forum rule that requires our full name on all posts.

There is no Tutorial #2; the guy who did Tutorial #1 went off to medical school.  Kyle did a Tutorial 1.5 which you can download from the PMDG web site.

If you dial in relatively accurate winds, you can use the FMS to determine fuel required.  Better choice is using PFPX and importing weather from Active Sky such that the planner has the same winds as the simulator.  That planner also provides fuel allowances for EDTO/ETOPS alternates and allows for re-dispatch planning (where you can decrease the percent reserve by planning to have a minimum at a waypoint to continue else you divert).

Dan Downs KCRP